Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers

Discus and support Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is the current state. When I first plugged in the controller, it did show up in both places. However, in trying to use the controller, many of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DallasRawlins, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers

This is the current state. When I first plugged in the controller, it did show up in both places. However, in trying to use the controller, many of the buttons inside the game didn't work at all, and the few that did work were mapped to the wrong buttons. However, inside of Windows Game Controllers I was able to determine that all of the buttons were successfully inputting into the system - no matter which button I pushed, one of the buttons in the summary did work. So I tried downloading a couple of different input mappers, in the hopes that this would fix the problem and I'd be able to use the controller int he game. No dice.

And now, although the controller shows up in Devices and Printers, and the Windows dialog indicates the controller is installed and ready to use, it is no longer appearing inside the Windows Game Controllers menu and neither Steam nor any of the third party input mappers recognize it as a controller. What am I supposed to do?

:)

DallasRawlins, Mar 3, 2022
  2. DallasRawlins Win User

Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers

To add: You can mark this solved, as I got SCPToolkit to recognize the new controller as well. Kind of pain that I had to use a third-party program to do it, but that's how it is, I suppose.
  3. XBF - Drew Win User

Thanks for posting how you solved the problem with feedback!

XBF Drew
  4. DallasRawlins Win User

The controller problem persists across multiple games.

The model is an Armor 3 NuPlay Wireless Controller (hard wired). I also have a PS4 controller that had worked with the computer in the past without any issues besides a subpar USB cable.

I haven't been able to find any driver updates for either controller.

I haven't tried plugging in either controller into another computer yet.

However, I did download SCPToolkit afterwards and that managed to get the PS4 controller working, although I have not yet had success getting it to recognize the other one yet.
  5. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi DallasRawlins,

A couple of questions that may help with troubleshooting:

• Does the controller problem persist with one game or multiple games?
    • If it is one game, which game are you experiencing this problem with?
    • What's the controller model?
    • Does the controller have all updates completed?
    • Have you tried plugging the controller into a different computer?
    • Or plugging in a different controller into the current computer?
    Wasn't sure if this is a wired controller or a wireless that is being hardwired, so here's the official Xbox support article on troubleshooting Xbox Wireless controllers. Some of the troubleshooting steps may be helpful even if the controller is a hardwired model.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
  6. DangerousBard Win User

Trouble with Xbox 360 controller for windows

Hello,

I suggest you to troubleshoot your controller . On a computer that is running Windows 8, you can use the Devices and Printers item to troubleshoot the controller. Here’s how:

On the Start screen, click Control Panel.

Click View Devices and Printers.

Verify that the controller appears under Devices, and then right-click the controller, and click Game controller settings.

Check the Status of the controller, and then click Properties.

On the Test tab, test that the controller works correctly. If there are any issues, click Calibrate on the Settings tab.

If you continue to experience any issues, right-click the controller under Devices in Devices and Printers, and then click Troubleshoot.

If this doesn't help try to use the controller on an Xbox 360 console to check for any hardware problem.
Thema:

1. Game Controller appears in Devices and Printers but not in Windows Game Controllers - Similar Threads - Game Controller appears

2. How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I use my PS$ controller to play xbox pc games?: I got told I can use it to play on xbox pc, i can use it through the app but when i open the game it wont allow me to use it anymore... what can i do to fix this?...
  3. My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we...: My partner and I have 1 Xbox s series s, 1 tv, 2 controllers, game pass ultimate and all we want to do is play 2 player games together. why is this so hard?! Can someone please help?...
  4. was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...

in XBoX on Consoles
    was playing a game and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go...: was playing a game on gaming pc windows 10 and the Bluetooth from my elite 2 controller disconnected and when i go down to device says Bluetooth turned off cant seem to find anywhere to turn back...
  5. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  6. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  7. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  8. Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Discon̈nects on certain games: I got my xbox sx in December from ab Ebay seller. Was pretty much brand new. Since I have had it on certain games the controller disconnects and reconn̈acts for no reason. Does this on Alan wake ,...
  9. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  10. I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it...: I’m trying to play a game(high on life) on xbox pc game pass using a ps4 controller but it doesn’t recognize the controller’s inputs. How do i make it work? 7a711a01-6926-4bae-b764-fcb7f3cc2107