Game Content Usage Rules and Creative Commons

Discus and support Game Content Usage Rules and Creative Commons in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello All, From reading the GCUR am I right in summising that you cannot use a creative commons license over anything made under the GCUR due to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by MRTumnusB, Feb 9, 2022.

1. MRTumnusB
    MRTumnusB Guest

Hello All,

From reading the GCUR am I right in summising that you cannot use a creative commons license over anything made under the GCUR due to the non-transferable and non-sublicensable clause?

:)

MRTumnusB, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Yes, you're right.
  3. MRTumnusB Win User

Hello, Jesse E'

Follow up question in the following passage:

Distribution of your Item in any form constitutes a grant by you of a royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide, license to Microsoft and any of Microsoft's partners or users to use, modify and distribute that Item (and derivatives of that Item), and use your name if we choose to, for any purpose and without obligation to pay you anything, obtain your approval, or give you credit.

Who is Microsoft's users?

As there is no definition in the document.

Thanks,
    Tumnus.

4. xEnvoy of Chaos Win User

Microsoft Game Content Usage Rules

I understand that they don't want you messing with their IP's like that but so long as he doesn't sell it for a profit shouldn't he be fine? There are mods for all sorts of games that use skins from all sorts of media.
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Star Wars: Empire At War, is a Lucas Arts game & you will need to get permission from Lucas Arts & also Microsoft Studios for using a HALO games content in Star Wars: Empire At War etc...

I highly doubt, Microsoft will allow it either..
  6. Bon3zz1001 Win User

[quote user="autana79"]

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

....just play Halo Wars instead of destroying and doing a bunch of stupid mods to other developers creations.

[/quote]
    My god. You have ZERO idea what a gaming community actually used to be about. I will say one thing mind you. was you around during the hey day of Pc game modding with the likes of Battlefield 1942, Max Payne 1+2 etc, etc, etc, etc, etc (Pretty
    much most of the PC back catalogue)?
    Erm, how did you find that at the time? And even now with the likes of DayZ for Arma II?
    [/quote]You seem to be forgetting this is the Xbox forums. Most people here don't even understand anything about PC gaming or the fact that mods =/= hacks and try to defend the 360 til the end. Tons of amazing things come from gamers creating mods. IE:

Look at Skyrim on PC
    or
    even Minecraft.
    And like above, DayZ for ARMA2 which mind you the developers are fully backing it by
    even selling a map on the game world on the official store and they're even working with the DayZ creators to bring it to ARMA3. While we're talking about that though, that mod
    single-handedly boosted that games sales. ARMA2 Combined Operations has been the top selling game on Steam ever since that mods release and it's not letting up yet. To even try to say mods "destroy" a developers creation is a joke itself. (99% of that wasn't
    @ you autana but you probably figured that out before even reading this sentence.)
Thema:

1. Game Content Usage Rules and Creative Commons - Similar Threads - Game Content Usage

2. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

in XboX Insiders
    Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.: I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue is that at the end of a work day I am...
  3. Question About Game Content Usage Rules

in XBoX on Windows
    Question About Game Content Usage Rules: Hey, I'm wondering about certain rules inside the Game Content Usage Rules when they say "You can't reverse engineer our games to access the assets or otherwise do things that the games don't...
  4. Minecraft game content are different on iPad vs iPhone .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft game content are different on iPad vs iPhone .: How do I see same content for Minecraft on iPad and iPhone . I see all my previous worlds on iPhone but not on iPad . Please advise . 770f3b9f-1689-48d8-ad40-e65c5cd784cd
  5. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  6. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  7. Call of duty MW3 game content will not install on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of duty MW3 game content will not install on Xbox one: Game content from MW2 and 3 will not install from disc but other content ( add ons content packs etc will ). I have followed the troubleshooting guides on this site and forums and nothing worked....
  8. Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues and purchase and content usage and can't play a game without getting...: On my Xbox it says network connection good but Xbox service are having issues and been like that for a few days and I get kicked out of games and lag sometimes I've restarted my console removed my...
  9. I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased the Vault Edition digitally, but I cannot see any of the content in game: So I purchased a hard copy of MW3 and after the fact, purchased from the microsoft store on my console (Xbox Series X) the Vault Edition. It installed, and I can see it in my game files on my...
  10. transferring game content and skins etc between accounts

in XBoX Games and Apps
    transferring game content and skins etc between accounts: Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have two kids, both with Xboxes and separate accounts (now). The youngest has played games on his elder brothers account and accumulated points, skins prizes etc...