Game chat won’t work

Discus and support Game chat won’t work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried all setting adjustments on the console and games that have game chat. I’ve changed out controller and headset. I have researched and what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xavier Genereaux, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Game chat won’t work

I have tried all setting adjustments on the console and games that have game chat. I’ve changed out controller and headset. I have researched and what hours of help videos with no luck.

Please please help make Game Chat work on my Xbox one S.

I want to play with my family thru game chat on Xbox and ps4 and Nintendo. Fortnight should be able to do this but we cants make game chat work on the Xbox one s.

I thank you all I’m advance

Cheer

:)

Xavier Genereaux, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Game chat won’t work

Hello Xavier Genereaux,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Game chat won’t work

Hi Xavier Genereaux,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist you and help you back to gaming.

To better understand it and to provide accurate resolution, we would like to ask more details about it.

1. When did the issue started?
    2. Is this happening to Fortnite game only?
    3. Do you have error message? If yes, do you mind sending a screenshot so we could for us to isolate the issue better?
    4. You made mentioned that you have tried a lot of setting adjustments, may we know what have you done so far?
    5. Have you tried connecting the controller and headset to another device?
    Just to give you possible steps on fixing it. Kindly follow the steps or check if you have done this already.

• Restart your game. This will often fix small issues like this.
    • Check your internet connection. If your connection is poor, it could be causing the game chat to not work.
    • Make sure you have the latest game update. Sometimes game chat issues can be fixed by simply updating the game.
    Thank you for understanding and we are looking forward for your next response.

We are more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Mento Musubi Win User

Twitch streaming via Xbox series X console

What about regular game chat how do I fix the issue with that because even clipping video with the record that feature won’t include any game chat audio
  5. JackPresley1 Win User

Games won’t work

I did get the codes, I used them then threw them away.
  6. JackPresley1 Win User

Games won’t work

How do i check my download history?
Thema:

Game chat won’t work

1. Game chat won’t work - Similar Threads - Game chat won’t

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Xbox game chat log

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game chat log: my account was hack and I cannot join games or talk to any of my friends and I really do want to play 48b3dbb3-0162-4b02-9866-d6643065082f
  6. Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience: Hello all, I’ve been a gold member for about 17 years, even longer with original Xbox but switched accounts when the 360 released. I have been playing ark ascended recently and I literally can’t...
  7. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  8. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat: Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try...
  9. Rainbow Six Siege my in game voice chat won’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rainbow Six Siege my in game voice chat won’t work: Rainbow Six Siege my in game voice chat won’t work at all and then I turn my headset off and turn it back on then I hear everything for like 2 seconds then it cuts out any reasons ?...
  10. Why does my voice chat only work in party? Why won’t it work in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my voice chat only work in party? Why won’t it work in game?: My game chat audio isn’t working. I have a Xbox series S and I can use audio in any party or discord chat but as soon as I go into a game I can’t use the chat. Nobody can hear me and I can’t hear...