Game chat, people can't hear me but I can hear them.

Discus and support Game chat, people can't hear me but I can hear them. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have been having this problem now for 2 months that no one can hear me In game chat on modernwarfare 2. I have a new headset and have changed lots... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Harrison Sargent, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Game chat, people can't hear me but I can hear them.

So I have been having this problem now for 2 months that no one can hear me In game chat on modernwarfare 2. I have a new headset and have changed lots of setting and it still won't work. Any suggestion?

:)

Harrison Sargent, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

people can hear me but i can't hear them

Hello WilledJupiter8,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use your single jack headset for PC gaming and is unable to hear the voices of your friends. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

Based on your description, you can hear the music and sound but not the voices. There could be an issue with compatibility, third party apps that has settings for audio or system/apps/drivers needs to be updated or could be anything related to the headset that is disabling specific sound to be outputted. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. May we ask what is the make and model of your headset?
    2. When was the last time you can hear a voice from these apps or services - Discord or Skype or games? .
    3. Are we playing Xbox games or different storefront games?
    4. Is the driver for the audio up to date? We will provide steps on how to update the system and apps below, please check.
    5. Test if these works. May we know if the issue persists when:
      • Connecting the controller and headset, go to audio settings and output the audio through PC speakers.
      • Connecting the headset to PC and output audio to headset.
      • Connecting the headset to PC and output the audio to PC speakers.
      • Connect different headset to PC.
      • Connect different headset to PC and output the audio to PC speakers.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

• Restart device - As basic as this is, a simple restart can set many things right.
    • Update Windows system -
      • Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
      • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
      • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.
      • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
      • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    • For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance. Please see guide: update drivers in Windows.

Source: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

people can hear me but i can't hear them

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

People cannot hear me on chat but I can hear them

Actually now there is an xbox live service alert going on regarding Xbox Live Core Services: signing in; creating, managing, or recovering an account.

Affected platforms: Xbox One Xbox 360 Xbox on other devices Xbox on Windows 10

Affected services: Signing into Xbox Live Xbox One and Xbox 360 Applications

Latest update:

Hey Xbox members, are you having problems seeing your friends, and setting up parties? We're aware of the problem, and working to resolve it. We'll let you know as soon as we know more.

You just have to wait till the issue is solved.
  5. superaff-E79A170D-92 Win User

People cannot hear me on chat but I can hear them

Oh and it's for the xbox one
  6. Skyrider Y Win User

Public chat can't hear me, but I can hear them.

I had the same problem until last week, with the last update, i can now talk normally, even when using split-screen.
Thema:

Game chat, people can't hear me but I can hear them.

1. Game chat, people can't hear me but I can hear them. - Similar Threads - Game chat can't

2. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  3. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  4. I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat: I play on Xbox and I can't hear or speak to anyone in r6 game chat but it works in party chat and in other games. I've deleted the game and redownload it and still nothing, I'm lost on what to do...
  5. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  6. Xbox game bar party chat, I can't be heard

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar party chat, I can't be heard: This issue has happened since the Xbox game bar update a couple of days ago. I can hear my friends in party chat, and no one can hear me while the game bar operates in the background. I've...
  7. I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't hear game chat in my Wireless Headset, but party chat works, why?: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox Wireless Headset that I'm using to play Halo Infinite. Unless I form a party chat with friends, they can hear me in game chat but I can't hear them. My right...
  8. I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm in a party but can't hear game SFX unless i go into game chat: I have had this problem for a year now and would like to know how to fix it I don't want to hear in game chat i just want to hear my friends and my game at the same time whilst being in a Xbox...
  9. I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I updated my controller but I still can't access the chat mixer so I can hear the game...: I updated the controller but I still can't access the chat mixer, and I can't hear the game audio through the headset. What can I do? d9324c3d-587d-4c2f-b3ec-a0a336097b0a
  10. Can't use basic words in Ark game global chat.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use basic words in Ark game global chat.: I play Ark survival evolved on xbox. Recently I have noticed there are a lot of words I can't use now. Examples include the words "for, could, in, and the numbers 10 &14. Anyway I can see this...