Game chat not working…… sometimes?

Discus and support Game chat not working…… sometimes? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Since I made this account in 2017 I’ve had problems with game chat. It’s works fine in some games, Fortnite, F1 2021, however in other games such as... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by George T4, Feb 26, 2023.

1. George T4
    George T4 Guest

Since I made this account in 2017 I’ve had problems with game chat. It’s works fine in some games, Fortnite, F1 2021, however in other games such as Apex legends or any call of duty game. In these games I can hear others fine but no one is able to hear me.

:)

George T4, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello George, usually communication problems in group chat or in game can be related to the quality of your NAT, it has to be open preferably.

If you play on console, do the NAT test below.

NAT Test

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Click Profile and system > Settings > General > Network Settings.

Under Current network status, the NAT Type field displays the current NAT type.

"Xbox NAT Types

Your NAT type is determined by the settings or features of the router on the network you are using to connect to the Internet. Your NAT type, combined with the NAT type of other online players, determines whether you can successfully communicate with them in party chat or use multiplayer gaming."

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Very Fat Santa8 Win User

In-Game Chat on all games not working sometimes.

sometimes you have to go through party and select game chat and other times you have to be in game chat before you ever start a party. it is very complicated and some games work differently
  4. ShaunPerry Win User

Xbox day one headset issues

It may not be the headset. See if it works in normal game chat. I've had all kind of problems with party chat. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
  5. Vince604 Win User

Everyone is Muted When I plug in the Stereo Adapter

Party chat works fine, but i feel like sometimes the adapter doesn't work in game chat.
  6. SHAFTshifter Win User

Post if your in-game chat DOES work (not party chat).

Sometimes mine works and sometimes it doesn't. But today I was in a private party chat and I could hear game chat plain as day in my party chat while I was still hearing my party chat members. They could also hear me talking back to them in game chat somehow.
    There are some definite issues with this.
Thema:

1. Game chat not working…… sometimes? - Similar Threads - Game chat working……

2. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  3. Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox mic only working for game chat after streaming to PC Xbox app then closing it: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  4. XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX MIC wont work in game chat unless I stream to my pc from console: I have an interesting problem. I played around with streaming to my pc from my console so I could use a usb mic I already have hooked up to my pc for better voice chat. However, when trying to use...
  5. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  6. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  7. Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work in cod game chat.: My microphone won't work in call of duty game chat, I've tried using my Astro A20 gen 2, a pair of Razer nari ultimate, and an Astro A10 wired headset connected to a party chat headset adapter....
  8. my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should...: my voice chat isnt working in any games and ive set all the settings to public, what should i do? 370a1b5b-f8b7-4a82-85b4-9b70f152e643
  9. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  10. Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fix for in game chat not working on xbox cloud gaming(pc)?: Was going to play hell let loose with some friends, tried the game the day before and everyting was working fine. the next day i got on to play and i cant hear anybody and i cant talk. i tried the...