Game chat issues with discord on Series X

Discus and support Game chat issues with discord on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since I have linked my discord account I have been having issues with game chat across a few games ( COD, Fort and Overwatch to na,me a few ), Chat... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sam Delaney, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Sam Delaney
    Sam Delaney Guest

Since I have linked my discord account I have been having issues with game chat across a few games ( COD, Fort and Overwatch to na,me a few ), Chat through discord works normally and I can hear everyone and they can hear me, but when it come to game chat even after disconnecting from Discord I can not hear anyone and they can not hear me either,

The only way that I can currently get game chat working again is to unlink discord from my account and then hard power cycle the console, then this only works until I link discord again and then im back to square one

Any help would be awesome

:)

Sam Delaney, Nov 2, 2022
  2. dalton woodward Win User

Xbox Series X - Voice Chat over discord has White Noise / Digital Artifacts

Hello again,

There is not an option to uninstall discord from the Xbox Series X. Discord does not show up as an app, as it is integrated directly into the party chat functionality. Are you suggesting that I unlink the discord account?

Thanks
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello Sam Delaney,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi Sam Delaney,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We appreciate for your time and effort posting here on. For your concern we would highly recommend you to visit this link for more ideas.

Here is the link: Discord is now available on Xbox! - Microsoft Community

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. MarvinaPerez Win User

I can't join any Discord server calls on my Xbox series X, it suddenly stopped working. How do I fix this ?

Hello JoelT3IG,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble joining Discord voice calls on your Xbox Series X. I understand this is a frustrating issue that's been going on since April.

Based on the information you have provided, you have tried a number of solutions to solve the problem, but none of them have worked.

This suggests that the issue may be caused by a bug in the Discord software or the Xbox Series X.

Here are some things you can try to fix the problem:

Update Discord and Xbox Series X to the latest version. A recent update may have fixed the issue.

Check your Internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection is stable and has good speed.

Try joining a voice call on a PC or Mac. If you can join a voice call on another platform, the issue may be related to the Xbox Series X.

Source: https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/parties-chat/using-discord-with-xbox

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they can lead to a solution, remember that this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Discord doesn’t work on my Xbox series X with headset plugged in.

Hello Mathieu Tallmadge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to communicate with your friends using Discord on Xbox Series X however, your headset will not work on Discord.

Based on the support article, with the issue you are experiencing you can try to go back to Discord voice channel you joined in Parties & chats, select Options, and then set Noise suppression to On.

For other audio issues while you are in a Discord voice channel, visit the Discord support page for resolution: Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide.

Learn more here: How to use Discord with Xbox | Xbox Support

We hope that helps!

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Game chat issues with discord on Series X - Similar Threads - Game chat issues

2. When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When in a party or discord call in-game voice chat is completely disabled: If I am in a party or discord call i not only am unable to hear anyone taking in game, but it doesn't even show me that people are talking. The second I leave the party/discord it goes back to...
  3. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  4. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  5. Xbox game chat log

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game chat log: my account was hack and I cannot join games or talk to any of my friends and I really do want to play 48b3dbb3-0162-4b02-9866-d6643065082f
  6. Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft’s chat filter is ruining my gaming experience: Hello all, I’ve been a gold member for about 17 years, even longer with original Xbox but switched accounts when the 360 released. I have been playing ark ascended recently and I literally can’t...
  7. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Game Bar Voice Chat Issues: On PC as of a week ago, party chat only works if I have it open. When it’s closed, I can hear my friends, but they can’t hear me. I have found a temporary solution by disabling the xbox app’s...
  9. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  10. Game chat issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat issues: Has anyone had an issue with game chat not working? My party chat works just fine but my chat doesn't work on anything. I've checked all the settings and tried everything in every video I've found...