Game chat can talk but not hear?

Discus and support Game chat can talk but not hear? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; About 2 weeks ago my game chat function across all games just stopped working. I can be heard and games register my mic but i cant hear anyone at all.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J4k117, Nov 8, 2021.

1. J4k117
    J4k117 Guest

About 2 weeks ago my game chat function across all games just stopped working. I can be heard and games register my mic but i cant hear anyone at all. The games audio is fine but the only time i can hear both chat and game is when i unplug my headset. Re plugging in my headset causes me to hear game-chat for a split second then it drops. Anyone know how to fix this?

:)

J4k117, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

You need to change that in the console settings, audio, first collum chat output, headset or both depending on what you are looking
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi J4k117! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

After plugging the headset the game chat keeps coming trough the TV?
  4. J4k117 Win User

I said across all games and i cant update a headset, being a Microsoft headset makes no difference. My controller is up to date
  5. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @J4k117!

Would you please provide us with further information regarding this matter.

• Does this happen in only one game or all of the games?
    • Have you tried updating the headset as well as your controller?
    • Is the headset is a Microsoft one?
    This clarification would aid in allowing us to provide the proper troubleshooting for this situation.
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Would you please check if the sound configured in the Xbox to go to speakers or to Headset. You can check by going to System > Settings > General > Volume & audio output. From there you'll be able to check output and chat mixer. See if any of those settings might be preventing audio from coming through the headset.
Thema:

1. Game chat can talk but not hear? - Similar Threads - Game chat talk

2. why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why is there no chat box in-game robox i want to know what my friends are talking about but...: when me and my friends are playing they always ask why i cant chat and i have to say that im on xbox this is really a problem and i think it should be changed 83e24289-a70d-4383-b560-3e1859e794ab
  3. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?: Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I...
  4. Can talk in party chat but not game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can talk in party chat but not game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  5. I can talk in party chat but nit game chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can talk in party chat but nit game chat: I'm having issue with talking in game chat on xbox S. Party chat is just fine but game chat doesn't even recognize that I'm speaking. Controller is updated. Headset is updated. I'm on an adult...
  6. Can’t hear or talk in game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t hear or talk in game chat: I’ve been playing the warzone 3 for a few days now no matter if I’m playing with my friends or solo I can’t talk or hear any proxy chat (which I don’t care about). I’ve tried using a different...
  7. Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in warzone game chat or party chat?: I can’t talk in game or party chat in warzone 2 I have tried every option to fix it and nothing seems to work I can still hear and play with cross play players. db2ed706-6dfb-45d0-9586-c4fd13937958
  8. Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still talk in game chat with friends on games such as fortnite while Suspended?: My little brother was playing my Xbox while I was at work(14 years old) and I’m 21 so I never really take it that far but he sent some disrespectful messages to a guy after losing a game of MLB...
  9. Why am I not able to talk in game Chat on Xbox 360 games, on my Xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I not able to talk in game Chat on Xbox 360 games, on my Xbox one S?: Hello there, The past four months or so I’ve been unable to talk in game chat on Xbox 360 games (Black ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, etc) I’ve tried every option there is for resetting audio and...
  10. How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game chat to work? I can only hear but cant talk ..nothing is muted and...: Game chat doesnt work but private party chat does fcc0fb7d-1c59-47fe-af11-1292c20576ca