Game chat audio on Xbox Series

Discus and support Game chat audio on Xbox Series in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm a Call of Duty enthusiast and I've always played on Playstation. I sold my Playstation 4 and now aiming to enter the new generation of consoles I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Passos_97, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Passos_97
    Passos_97 Guest

I'm a Call of Duty enthusiast and I've always played on Playstation. I sold my Playstation 4 and now aiming to enter the new generation of consoles I went looking for a good performance console so I could play call of duty mw2 and warzone 2, in addition to my fun, I have the goal of creating game content. My first thought was to buy the PlayStation 5, but with a little more research I came across the Xbox Series S and realized that the second option would be the best for me. I was glad to know that I could enter the new generation and play and create Call of Duty content with good technical qualities on Xbox Series S. I had already decided to buy the console from Microsoft, but I didn't know about the problem of recording the audios of the game chat, in which I could not insert my friends' audio in my content. So, unfortunately I decided that it wouldn't make sense to buy the console just because of this problem, since a gameplay without audio is not so attractive, nor so cool. I know that there are ways to record by capture cards through the PC, but my PC is not so good, since I use it only for work and study and it doesn't let me down in that sense. Besides, if the console has the power to record quality gameplay by itself, like the Playstation 5, it makes no sense for me to have to buy a capture card and have a good PC just to be able to get around this problem of audio. I also know that this is more of a privacy issue than any other reason, but I hope Microsoft is able to resolve this issue as best they can, as PCs and PSs don't have the same problem. In conclusion, I gave up on buying the Xbox Series S console, which is great for my purposes, because of an audio issue.

:)

Passos_97, Nov 11, 2022
  2. Unstable Chimp Win User

Will XBox Series X support external DAC/Amp hardware via USB?

There are multiple articles stating audio compatibility via USB. If optical is necessary, there are various HDMI to optical devices available which you may need to add.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/02/designed-for-xbox-new-look-continuous-compatibility/

"Some gaming headsets that utilize an optical cable may require a firmware update to support game and chat audio over USB on Xbox Series X. Soundbars and headsets that do not receive updates may be connected
    directly to your televisions optical port."

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-audio-usb/

"Xbox Series X to Support Wireless Audio and Voice Chat Over USB, Astro Gaming Confirms"
  3. John WeidemanBeal Win User

Gamechat not working on stream.

Thank you for your assistance.

We solved half of my problems. My audio is now streaming to twitch. However, game chat is not. Last week on I was able to stream my mics audio AND my IN GAME chat audio to twitch directly from my Xbox series S, meaning my PC and Playstation party mates audio was making it into my stream.

That is not happening now. Slightly less frustrating but still quite.
  4. FITSMAN PWR GRC Win User

Audio messages(I can't hear them when run games)

When i talk audio message i mean AUDIO MESSAGE NOT PARTY CHAT.

Party chat is not message.

And when i power on my console series x and previews xbox consoles(For example xbox one s) when i am at menu the audio messages work fine i can hear them normally but when i run any game(EXCEPT FOTZA HORIZON 5) any audio message send or receive i CAN'T listen it.
  5. The Oragin Win User

Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter - echoing problems?

I have the x12s i get game audio just fine and i can hear chat but chat is very low, also my game audio plays through the audio, so I have game audio then have chat with the echo of game audio, so i have 2 game audio sounds with a faint chat audio. anyone
    know of a way to fix this, or atleast the audio echo of the game. I can turn my game audio all the way down and only have chat audio on but im still hearing game audio over chat, first time I used it for my xbox one all day I played with just chat audio and
    didnt know because I hear both audios through my chat audio.
  6. CarTzy Win User

does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox Series X?

Hello JoeDaddy89,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to know if your Twitch stream still picks up party audio when you switch party to in-game chat on Xbox Series X. This is a good question and I will try to help you with it.

The answer depends on how you are streaming your gameplay. If you are using the Twitch app on your Xbox Series X, then your stream will only pick up the audio from the chat channel that you are currently in. So, if you switch from party chat to in-game chat, your stream will also switch to in-game chat audio. However, if you are using a capture card or a PC to stream your gameplay, then you may have more options to control the audio sources. For example, some capture cards have separate audio inputs for game sound and chat sound, so you can choose which one to include in your stream. Similarly, some streaming software on PC have audio mixer features that allow you to adjust the volume or mute different audio sources.

I hope this information was helpful and answered your question. If you have any other questions or issues, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Game chat audio on Xbox Series - Similar Threads - Game chat audio

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  4. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  5. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  6. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  7. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  8. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  9. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  10. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...