Game captures (videos) showing green square instead of video, but sound is correct

Discus and support Game captures (videos) showing green square instead of video, but sound is correct in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Is there a way to rectify getting a green square for my videos. My past videos work fine but any new ones just seem to get a green square with working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by o0 SupaSwede 0o, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Game captures (videos) showing green square instead of video, but sound is correct

Is there a way to rectify getting a green square for my videos. My past videos work fine but any new ones just seem to get a green square with working audio

:)

o0 SupaSwede 0o, Feb 2, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Game captures (videos) showing green square instead of video, but sound is correct

Hi, I'm Luis a Xbox user just like you. Thanks for reaching out us here. Are you on PC or console?
  3. IceStorm III Win User

Using a PC to record XBOX 360 Gameplay?

The HDMI input is probably not a capture device, but a pass-through to the laptop's LCD.

You would want a capture device to capture video from the 360. I'm not sure if the latest iteration has enabled HDCP when games are being played. You may need to go with Component video capture instead of HDMI.
  4. Ruwim.B Win User

Video devices in Registry?

There are no Video or Sound capture devices available on your laptop.

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

---------------------

Video Capture Devices

Number of Devices: 0

---------------------

You might have disabled them in Windows -> Settings -> Privacy or uninstalled their drivers.

The Registry keys look like something from a virtual video capture device, as e.g. audio/video cable, OBS or similar. Nothing, however, is shown in the diagnostics file, so the device was removed without Registry being cleared.
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Xbox Slim 250GB doesnt turn on...!

Ok, so I'm a bit confused here. Your saying it makes noises still, but the green light is not on, and it is not showing any video or audio correct?
  6. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
Thema:

1. Game captures (videos) showing green square instead of video, but sound is correct - Similar Threads - Game captures videos

2. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record: Hello There, So for the past 4 days, basically since the new update, I’ve been have a TON of trouble with My Xbox Captures. I have been recording Xbox captures with my 2 TB Seagate external 3.0...
  5. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  7. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  8. why cant i capture anything on game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i capture anything on game bar: why cant i capture anything on game bar 687f49d7-6c55-4df9-b3e7-fd2320fe50cb
  9. Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....

in XBoX Accessibility
    Uploads gaming capture. Capture privacy is set to private. Capture is of in game cut scene....: In the middle of playing Baldur's Gate 3 I got a notification that my account has been temporarily suspended. I was panicked but more so extremely confused, I almost thought my account had been...
  10. Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All"

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Video Has No Sound - Audio Capturing was set to "All": Hello, I am using Windows 11 and took a video using Windows Game Bar. I could hear audio the entire time I took the capture, and capturing settings were set to "All" yet the video has no sound....