Game Bar wont let me change accounts

Discus and support Game Bar wont let me change accounts in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a game which I bought via the Windows Store. I have two different xbox accounts that I use on it. When I switch to my other account it signs me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by xake83k, Nov 6, 2021.

1. xake83k
    xake83k Guest

I have a game which I bought via the Windows Store. I have two different xbox accounts that I use on it. When I switch to my other account it signs me in fine inside game bar but as soon as I launch the game, game bar glitches and signs back in the first account. There is no way to switch accounts within the game that I am playing (Halo MCC), I have to change accounts in game bar or the xbox app.

I have tried 2 things so far: 1) going into app settings and terminating and resetting the app's data. This does not work. In fact when it doesnt even reset the data. I literally press reset and then open game bar and I'm still logged in.

I have removed game bar from my computer entirely via powershell and in the xbox PC app I am signed into the correct account but even when I boot my game FROM THE APP it has me signed in under the other profile! Also, I am signed into the correct account in the Windows Store too.

:)

xake83k, Nov 6, 2021
  2. xake83k Win User

Update, and sorry for the spam. I went back and tried the first step of your instructions, deleting those 2 folders again, and this time restarted my computer versus shutting it down and rebooting and it looks like I'm all good now and I was able to sign in correctly. Thanks for your help
  3. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor.

Welcome to the community. How are you?

1. Open File Explorer.

Navigate to the following:

C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker

Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.

2. Press the Windows Button then type Services.

Right-click over the Services App from the list of results.

Then select Run as Administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager,

Xbox Live Game Save,

Xbox Live Networking Service,

Gaming Services.

Do this with each of the services listed above.

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic.

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services.

Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Restart your PC and try again.
  4. xake83k Win User

Ok I have tried those steps however the problem is still persisting.
  5. SammyVS Win User

6. xake83k Win User

I am trying to sign in to my other account again but am having the same problem. What can I do so that I dont have to delete those folders everytime I need to switch accounts?
Thema:

1. Game Bar wont let me change accounts - Similar Threads - Game Bar wont

2. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  3. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...
  4. Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox party chat wont work unless game bar overlay is actively open: need a fix asap, tryna play games and party wont work, ive tried everything i can find and nothing has worked. i just need a simple fix for windows 11 home version, i cannot access background apps...
  5. game bar wont install on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game bar wont install on pc: why cant i download the xbox game bar the download keeps failing and its throwing 2 error codes 0x80240438 and 0x800706ba ive tried every single fix microsoft said to none of them worked...
  6. my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox botoon wont bring up game bar everytimee i turn game bar on it turns off: i need help my game bar wont stay on 150df102-fffe-42d5-862e-cc9f29077444
  7. why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why wont forza horizon 5 let me log in with x box game bar?: [img] i need help pls be very spiffic so i can understand things thx. a36121ec-12db-4f9d-84c2-d9e287a72ebd
  8. xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar party chat wont pick up my voice but the audio widget does: “so maybe someone can help, for about a month now i can not talk in game bar chat. it picks up my mic under the voice section for the mix widget, and discord works as well. ive done everything ive...
  9. I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...

in XBoX on Windows
    I was deleting some captures on the Xbox Game Bar on windows 11 and for some reason it wont...: The subject says it all, I cant delete captures on Xbox Game Bar, I'm looking for a way to fix this without restarting my computer because for some reason my CPU fans dont run on boot for some...
  10. my xbox game bar wont work right

in XBoX on Windows
    my xbox game bar wont work right: it records games but when i see the recorded clip, it hasnt recorded it in full screen. as you can see in the screen shots, how it is and how it is in game. is there any way to fix this? [img]...