Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

Discus and support Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ceecee_800, Nov 16, 2021.

1. ceecee_800
    ceecee_800 Guest

I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it (missing clip) were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'. Where do I find this missing clip? Please.

:)

ceecee_800, Nov 16, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Ceecee welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Unfortunately, there's no way to retrieve the recording since it has stopped and was not saved. This case seems like a corrupted recording, have suffered multiple times myself.
  3. Rynn21 Win User

Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

I did exactly as this link shows, but redirecting to a slave drive's root.

The difference is, I didn't create a new folder on the separate drive before clicking ok. Somehow that made the real Captures folder go into the abyss.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/87523-move-location-game-dvr-captures-folder-windows-10-a.html

The capture folder is now completely missing. It cannot be located, and every time I re-open the game bar now it has decided to place where captures are saved in a different odd place. It went from the root of the slave drive of where I tried to move the captures
    folder to, to the Videos folder, to the temp folder, and now to the system recovery partition. It's acting weird. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game bar. No change.
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox App Game DVR

Hey there!

When you started capturing your clips did you start capturing them in the external HD, or did you save them to the default file drive which is C:\users\%username%\Videos\Captures?

I would suggest trying to capture a new game clip without your external HD plugged in to see what it says when it asks you where you want to save the clips.

Also what do you see when you open up your captures folder from the Game Bar?

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder (named
    Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

Try that out and let us know what happens.
  5. XBF Eladio M Win User

Game DVR, lo hizo de nuevo :( [Mod Translation - Game DVR, did it again]

Hey Z3N3K

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently experiencing difficulties with recording content.

If you haven't already, I recommend that you review the
    Troubleshooting Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10
    article and see if some of these techniques work for you.

Additionally, it would be worth trying to save your captures to a different location and see if that helps alleviate the message that states there is nothing to record.

To see where your captures are saved, open Game bar and select the My captures folder, or press the
    Start button, choose Settings > Gaming >
    Captures. Press the Open folder button to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your
    Videos folder (named Captures). The Captures folder can be moved to different places on your PC.

There should also be a help link when you select Captures that says "How to save to a different folder".

I hope this is of some use to you.
  6. Hao S Win User

Can you use x box game bar to screen capture?

my point was since xbox game bar is capable of screen capture can I just have it capture my screen i.e. just as a screen capture to show for instance where saves and files are or just screen capture on windows explorer to show where to move files...
    etc not just for games
Thema:

1. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost - Similar Threads - Game bar screen

2. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  3. Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox social on xbox game bar stuck on "signing in" screen?: On Xbox game bar whenever I try to get on Xbox social it always says "signing in" and no matter how long I wait it doesn't sign me in. I was wondering if there is a fix for this....
  4. How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix game bar being stuck on the sign in screen?: Ever since the new game bar update I haven't been able to go onto gamebar because it says "signing in". No matter how long I wait for it, it continues to be stuck there. I have tried everything...
  5. xbox game bar screen recording black screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox game bar screen recording black screen: i discovered the xbox game bar screen recording option recently. at first, it’s working just fine. however, i decided to use it again just a few days ago to record my entire work flow for almost 2...
  6. I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't record my PC screen via Xbox Game Bar: I don't know why but PC recording via Xbox Game Bar is always unavailable for me and I can't record anything. How can I solve this issue? 2ca12331-62d4-4fff-8401-a104f4dee690
  7. Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work.: Hi all! I want to record my screen via xbox game bar, but it doesn't work. I pressed the Windows + Alt + R combination, to no avail. Through the xbox game bar itself I press the record button, but...
  8. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

in XBoX on Windows
    Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay: I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the...
  9. why does Xbox Game Bar does not screen record any more ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does Xbox Game Bar does not screen record any more ?: Hi, recently i figured that Xbox Game Bar is a neat way to quickly start a screen record to a file ... using it for remote desktop support cases etc., where i wanted to capture the session for...
  10. i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar.: i cannot capture screen or screen capture not working in xbox game bar I already tried repair and reset and reinstall xbox game bar and scam sfc /scannow in CMD 4b7472e0-70e1-46dc-8083-39e942c57833