Game bar party chats always start disconnected, and refuse to connect

Discus and support Game bar party chats always start disconnected, and refuse to connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Basically whenever I start or join a party on the gamebar on my windows 10 pc, the party says I'm connecting, and everyone else is disconnected. I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Crazy Meta, May 4, 2022.

1. Crazy Meta
    Crazy Meta Guest

Basically whenever I start or join a party on the gamebar on my windows 10 pc, the party says I'm connecting, and everyone else is disconnected. I've tried several things already some of which have worked in the past but now no longer work. The first thing I checked was the date and time being set to auto, both are already set. next I checked the firewall if it's whitelisted, and it is. after that I checked the privacy for the microphone and that seems fine too. I tried repairing and resetting the gamebar itself about 3 times, party chat connection seems unaffected. I also tried going into Services, making sure IP helper was on, and then the xbox networking services were on.the last thing I tried which I'm having a bit of an issue is the Teredo Adapter, I've followed instructions to go to device manager, view hidden devices, click on network adaptors, add legacy hardware, I used both the automatic thing and the list. so I select network adaptors option from the list, click on Microsoft as the manufacturer, and I find that it's not listed so I'm writing this post in hopes that some one has another solution.

:)

Crazy Meta, May 4, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really, check on the Microsoft store to see of you have it installed on your PC.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Crazy, how are you today? Hope you're well.

There are a few things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Try to uninstall the game bar via Powershell:

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "Get-AppxPackage *Xbox* | Remove-AppxPackage" Restart your PC, and then go to Microsoft Store and download it again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

Also, try this:

Call your internet service provider, and ask them to open the ports described below on your router.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

Also ask to disable and then, enable it again the UPnP function and if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Besides, ask them to put their PC's IP in the DMZ zone configuration.

To locate the IP of your PC: On the taskbar, select Wi-Fi network > the Wi-Fi network you're connected to > Properties.

Under Properties, look for your IP address listed next to IPv4 address.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  4. Crazy Meta Win User

I don't seem to have a gaming services app
  5. OhItsStorm Win User

friends list not working on xbox one console

I'm having the same issue. Unable to connect to party chat using Xbox Game Bar and Xbox Companion. It started between 8pm and 830pm EST.
  6. ThatCostsMoneyy Win User

Xbox Voice chat

You can now start a new party via Game Bar by clicking the Start a new chat Icon to the right of the Search to Add Players functions and inviting players to party :)
Thema:

1. Game bar party chats always start disconnected, and refuse to connect - Similar Threads - Game bar party

2. something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    something went wrong with your party chat try again later. is what my xbox game bar says: Game bar parties not working 0x00000000 something went wrong try again - Microsoft Community I've pretty much done everything this guy has done in this link beside solution 3 which really doesn't...
  3. xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    xbox game bar, cant open group chat in lfg posts party: [img] I cant open group chats for fh5 in xbox game bar PC d7d5175a-8df0-4f3a-adde-1aea4ac5af2e
  4. Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat on Xbox game bar not working.: The past few months I've been dealing with my Xbox game bar not working unless I have the game bar pulled up on my screen. I've tried going into the systems and making it so the background app is...
  5. Xbox game bar party not working due to internet

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar party not working due to internet: I’ve recently had an issue with Xbox parties on PC and me not being able to connect I’ve narrowed the cause of the problem to be something with my wifi/router because I would join a party and then...
  6. Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Not receiving Xbox party notifications on Game Bar App!: I still receive messages and message notifications on my game bar and I receive party invites on my regular Xbox, but I don't receive any notifications on my game bar. I've already reset the app,...
  7. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  8. My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar won't connect to parties at all, and sometimes I'll get the message when I...: It only started happening a week or two ago, but I used to be able to join parties on my game bar just fine. Now every time I try to join a party with my console friends I join to an entirely...
  9. No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...: Whenever I join an Xbox party on my PC, I can hear all of my friends, but they can't hear me unless I have the Xbox Overlay pulled up. I have made sure I am not connected to a VPN, restarted my...
  10. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...