Game Bar not detecting Microphone device

Discus and support Game Bar not detecting Microphone device in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For some reason game bar is not detecting my microphone device. If i remember correctly, in Game Bar, under the Audio tab, then Voice tab, there should... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/dotspread, Jun 8, 2020.

1. /u/dotspread
    /u/dotspread Guest

For some reason game bar is not detecting my microphone device. If i remember correctly, in Game Bar, under the Audio tab, then Voice tab, there should be a mute button and volume slider like my other playback devices under the Mix tab. Can anybody help me? But when i test my mic on windows voice recorder, i can record and playback myself successfully. My friends can't hear me on Discord either but I can hear them. Is there a privacy setting or some setting within Game Bar that's not allowing for my voice to be heard? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/dotspread
    [link] [comments]

/u/dotspread, Jun 8, 2020
  2. BrianDrake3 Win User

My microphone shows I'm talking in settings but doesn't let me talk in game or on the Xbox game bar

If I go in the Xbox game bar the microphone settings detect my mic and the bar goes up but when I'm in a game or party nobody can hear me
  3. BenBlethyn Win User

Xbox Party via Xbox Game Bar on PC, party voice chat mic detection issue

Hi Christopher,

Unfortunately the PC is detecting the mic and the input it is just the 'xbox game bar' app that is not detecting the microphone rather than the PC, as other apps and windows itself that is recieving the microphone input. Sadly none of the guidance here or elsewhere on the web has helped yet and I'm still stuck for a solution,

Best regards,

Ben
  4. MenopausalManbaby Win User

Xbox Game Bar not detecting Microphone

I'm very late to this I've just been avoiding the issue. I already tried turning on and also on and off the allow microphone but nothing worked. This issue is only with my laptop. The microphones I have work on every other app and program and work perfectly fine on game bar on other devices. For some reason it refuses to work with this laptop. It still appears with the same error message. It's a very bizarre issue.
  5. RMS Athena Win User

i have the same issue with Steel Series 9. ive done all reconmended troubleshooting as well. i dont understand why its not detecting my mic.

i have:

- restarted my computer

- checked mic permissions

- checked output and input for both my computer and my party chat

- removed all other possible inputs

- ensured my microphone is working VIA windows settings & advanced settings

- unplugged and plugged back in my headset

- reset the xbox app and xbox game bar

- closed everything via task manager

- ensured there was not any permission issues via xbox accout settings

- disabling anti viruses, and fire walls

im able to hear others in the party but when i join the party it starts me out as muted and stated : "something went wrong with your microphone. try changing your party auto settings."

i dont understand the issue and need an actual fix please
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, MenopausalManbaby. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Just to be sure, you changed your settings on https://account.xbox.com/settings to be able to use a microphone, right?

Also, this issue always happened on your PC or started to happen after some time using the Xbox App or Game Bar?

As a first step, please check the mic permission:

- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

- Under “Choose which apps can access your microphone “, see if both the Xbox and Game bar app are enabled.
Thema:

1. Game Bar not detecting Microphone device - Similar Threads - Game Bar detecting

2. Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox app not loading and xbox game bar social tab not loading continue: I made a post a while ago and i wasnt able to get back to it until recently I said this: I have had this issue for a while now. Whenever I try to open the xbox app, i am left with the black...
  3. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  4. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  5. в xbox game bar сам по себе выключается микрофон (в настройках винды всё норм). Что делать?

in XboX Insiders
    в xbox game bar сам по себе выключается микрофон (в настройках винды всё норм). Что делать?: В настройках Windows всё нормально. Что делать? submitted by /u/KristGD [link] [comments]
  6. How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox permissions not turned-on message when in Xbox game bar: I've been getting the error message on Xbox that my mic won't work until I allow Microsoft permissions, but I have turned on every permission told to, and I still cannot get my mic to work. My mic...
  7. My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My party chat doesn’t work but the game bar detects my mic i have to have the audio tab...: I’ve looked everywhere to find a solution but haven’t been able to find anything that actually works. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 4f701d94-9ad2-44c2-97c9-13558d53c064
  8. Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game bar not detecting my mic when I dont have it open?: When im in a party and i have the game bar open using Windows+G it work's fine but once I press it again to close the gamebar and do something else i can still hear the people in the party but...
  9. Xbox game bar won't detect own mic

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar won't detect own mic: I'm currently using Xbox game car for captures on my windows 11 pc, but when I record an instant replay it only records the background sounds like the game I'm playing or discord audio but not my...
  10. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...: I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be...