Game Bar Multiple Monitors

Discus and support Game Bar Multiple Monitors in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having a bit of trouble with recording since I'm pretty clueless with this stuff. I have two monitors - I use one for gaming and the other for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sid Barker, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Sid Barker
    Sid Barker Guest

I'm having a bit of trouble with recording since I'm pretty clueless with this stuff. I have two monitors - I use one for gaming and the other for anything else, usually youtube or netflix. I want to
    record my game screen uninterrupted, but when I click the monitor that isn't being recorded, the recording stops. Is there a way to continue recording the game while I browse on the 2nd monitor?

:)

Sid Barker, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Sid Barker Win User

I was afraid of that. A bit disappointing, but at least I have my answer. Thank you!
  3. Zdubleu Win User

Hopefully this thread can help you out. It may be a processor problem but i believe you can’t use your other screen
    while trying to use the gamebar
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. The Game DVR for Windows 10 will allow you to record your games while playing on a single monitor only. If you are using multiple screens to play your game or use your apps, it will capture the activities done on the monitor when you last clicked your mouse cursor.

*This information can be found at the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

gamebar only records the main screen,
  6. deane199 Win User

multiple monitors

The short answer is you don't. It does not properly support multiple monitors at this time.
Thema:

1. Game Bar Multiple Monitors - Similar Threads - Game Bar Multiple

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  6. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  7. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  8. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  9. Xbox game bar... gone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar... gone?: First it was all my social widgets, and now the entire application is gone. windows+g just opens the "You need an app to open this gamingoverlay link" thing. I did nothing to delete, remove, or...
  10. Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Using windows game bar (win key + G) - Can I record multiple windows with this? (not a game): Hi all, I have made a graphics program in visual studio. This outputs a console window, plus another window to display the graphics. I googled how to record my screen and found out about the...