Game bar doesn't pop up after updating to windows 11

Discus and support Game bar doesn't pop up after updating to windows 11 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I used to have (Win + G) for game bar but today I wanted to go to the Xbox game bar using the controls I usually use after updating my windows 10 but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bryan Sanchez-Sanchez, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Game bar doesn't pop up after updating to windows 11

I used to have (Win + G) for game bar but today I wanted to go to the Xbox game bar using the controls I usually use after updating my windows 10 but for some reason it doesn't pop up I tried to open it by using the search bar and it doesn't open either.

:)

Bryan Sanchez-Sanchez, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Bryan!

Be sure to check for any pending updates on your Windows and also get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.
    Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...
    Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

Then check your Game Bar settings. Press the Start button, then choose Settings. Go to Gaming > Xbox Game bar, then turn on Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar.

Please check the link below for the complete guide:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...
  3. SamuraiTrav Win User

Xbox app not loading

No updates available for the Xbox app, I did however need to update my Nvidia Driver however this didnt help anything. I updated from windows 10 home to windows 11 in hope that itd work after the update but alas, it didnt. Also no new updates via windows either.

I'll add however, I can access both the Game Bar and Console Companion but I cant access the Xbox app.Right clicking the xbox app when it pops up on the task bar and selecting an option will get me into the app, but once i'm in the app, I cant sign in.
  4. Mig000035 Win User

No notification when i unlock Achievements in Pc

-windows 11

-checked the windows store and the game bar doesn't need to be updated

-checked the app settings to see if the notifications where off, it was all on, should be working but it isn't
  5. SammyVS Win User

Mouse Cursor Moves Back To Original Position Prior To Opening Game Bar

It doesn't seem to be a problem with Game Bar. I checked if this happens on my PC's with Windows 10 and Windows 11 and the same happens.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

GeForce Experience FPS Not Showing In Games

Oh, thanks! I thought was an issue with Game Bar

Buddy, the previous PC was using Windows 11? Or was windows 10?

If you want, we can try removing game bar and give it a new try :

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and try again
Thema:

1. Game bar doesn't pop up after updating to windows 11 - Similar Threads - Game bar doesn't

2. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  3. XBox Game Bar doesn't open

in XBoX on Windows
    XBox Game Bar doesn't open: Hello, my XBox game bar cannot open. It's been about 3-4 months since I got this laptop and the game bar only opened once and then closed again, and I never got to open it since. Background apps...
  4. Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game bar doesn't run in the background anymore and there's no background permissions area...: Hello, I updated the Xbox game bar and I want to be able to talk to my friends while game bar is running in the background. The update disabled game bar's permission to run in the background, and...
  5. Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again: Hello, Whenever I want to use the Game Bar to record the last 30 seconds of my games, the microphone icon appears unmuted, but actually is muted. I have to press mute and unmute to make it work...
  6. guys my xbox game bar doesn't open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    guys my xbox game bar doesn't open: i tried everything,my windows version is 10 pro 19045,i tried unistalling it from the powershell, i tried uncheck and check the xbox game bar settings but none of this worked, please help, i need...
  7. Mic doesn't work if not in game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Mic doesn't work if not in game bar: For whatever reason after the latest update, my mic does not work while in an xbox party while I'm on pc unless the game bar is actively open. As soon as I go into a game/other tab, I can still...
  8. Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar doesn't pickup blue yeti mic in party chat?: When I join xbox app parties my microphone doesn't work - it's set as my input device for xbox app, computer, etc... - It works in game chat and on discord - I have allowed it in privacy...
  9. Xbox game bar doesn't work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar doesn't work.: When I activate the Xbox game bar from the settings it doesn't save as activated. Example: I activate it and then leave the settings app and when I check it it's deactivated. Can I activate it...
  10. Xbox game bar doesn't record in a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar doesn't record in a game: So recently my xbox game bar randomly decided to stop recording games. Before I was recording games (without being in fullscreen) just fine. Now all of a sudden I can't record, take screenshots or...