game Bar does not record my microphone properly

Discus and support game Bar does not record my microphone properly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eli Ashcroft, May 14, 2024.

1. Eli Ashcroft
    Eli Ashcroft Guest

When recording a game via Game Bar, my voice sounds somewhat broken on the clip. my mic works perfectly fine, and it only sounds broken on the recording. It is also only my mic audio, not the in-game audio.

:)

Eli Ashcroft, May 14, 2024
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox Game Bar picking up too much background noise?

Hi there lolzcam welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. It seems some fellow gamers have found a solution! Give it a try!

"We could test if with the volume, it can capture a little less the air that records when speaking and that does not allow you to hear your voice cleanly.

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

Make sure the microphone is connected to the equipment.

Select Start> Settings> System> Sound.

In sound settings, go to Input> Choose input device, then select the microphone or recording device you want to use.

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

Make sure the microphone is connected to the equipment.

Select Start> Settings> System> Sound.

In sound settings, go to Input> Test Microphone and look for the blue bar that rises and falls as you speak into the microphone. If the bar moves, the microphone is working properly.

If the bar isn't moving, select Troubleshoot to correct the microphone problems."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  4. Jesse E' Win User

No audio in the capture from Xbox game bar(windows PC)

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

There isn't a way to recover audio on an already recorded clip. But you can make sure the Microphone is enabled for your next recording.

- Go to Settings (press Windows + I key together) > Privacy.

- On the left hand pane scroll down and look for Microphone.

- Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone to ON.

- Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to ON.

- Restart the game bar.

Hope this helps.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Microphone not working on Windows Xbox App

Hello StC SpOrTsTeR,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to use your microphone on Xbox app for Windows. We know it is important for you especially when you'd like to talk to your friends while gaming. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

This could happen because the microphone/headset's driver is not updated or else did not match the Windows system update. To have a better understanding, we would like to further isolate your concern.

1. Are you using a headset built-in microphone or a separate microphone? Please provide the make and model.
    2. May we ask if you can use Xbox Game Bar? Please try to use the feature of Xbox Game Bar - record a clip. Where you can play and record your game then try to speak through your microphone. Here are the steps:
      • Enable Xbox Game Bar on PC settings and search on the search bar - Xbox Game Bar or else go to Gaming and turn on Xbox game bar.
      • On Xbox Game Bar (press Windows + G on keyboard), under capture widget ensure the microphone is enabled.
      • Launch a game and go back to Xbox Game Bar (press Windows + G on keyboard), and record a clip
      • Narrate the game or speak to the microphone and end the recording.
      • Listen to the recording and see if you can hear your voice.
    Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Game Bar doesn't record microphone on 'all' but it does on 'game'

Hi there Tijin welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest these two methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow this link to fix problems with game bar.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/f...

Method 2:

The issue can be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Let's ensure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default."
Thema:

1. game Bar does not record my microphone properly - Similar Threads - game Bar does

2. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  3. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  4. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  5. does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does anyone know how to turn on background apps permissions on Xbox game bar? "background...: I have been looking for literal HOURS on the internet and havnet found anything. I went to every setting and still nothing. if anyone could help me, that would be amazing....
  6. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...
  7. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?: Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record...
  8. Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox game bar mute audio when I start a recording?: When I open Xbox Game bar it never remembers which device I set for default output or input device on either the Mix or Voice tab. When I record a clip or Start a recording it auto mutes and I'm...
  9. Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know how to fix the Game Bar that will not open with Windows 11?: Game Bar no longer opens when I use the shortcut Windows + G. I have gone into my apps, uninstalled the game bar, and reinstalled it. This did not work either. Upon clicking the shortcut on my...
  10. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460