Game Bar causing issues with Xbox Button on Controller

Discus and support Game Bar causing issues with Xbox Button on Controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I activated the Xbox Game Bar on the Windows 10 Xbox App, and now the app itself is capturing my Xbox Button input. I cannot access the dashboard or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by J4K3S7A, Oct 6, 2015.

1. J4K3S7A
    J4K3S7A Guest

I activated the Xbox Game Bar on the Windows 10 Xbox App, and now the app itself is capturing my Xbox Button input. I cannot access the dashboard or use the Xbox Button at all when game streaming. How can I fix this?

Thanks,

:)

J4K3S7A, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Scrtch
    Scrtch Guest
    Bought an extra controller and its not reading the system also the new batteries seem to be causing issues?

What sort of issues are the new batteries causing? Does the controller power on?

have you tried the steps listed here? You might need to press the connect buttons on the controller and the xbox.

How to Sync an Xbox One Wireless Controller with Your Console

Scrtch, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Skunkboy74
    Skunkboy74 Guest
    XBOX 360 CONTROLLER GOING NUTS?!?!?!

Try the following steps:

• With the controller on, remove the battery or battery pack. Press the power button on the controller.

• Turn off your Xbox Console by holding the main Power button on the front of the console.

• Unplug your Xbox 360, and press the Power button

• Plug your Xbox 360 back in, turn it on, and try using the controller again.

If you're still having issues, try to
    sync your controller to your Xbox 360 console
    again.

Hopefully it's just a connection issues and these steps will help! Good luck! Game Bar causing issues with Xbox Button on Controller :D

Skunkboy74, Oct 6, 2015
  4. devla
    devla Guest

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Go to Control Panel, uninstall Geforce Experience software. See if the problem persists.

devla, Oct 6, 2015
  5. devla Win User

Do you have an Nvidia graphics card? Go to Control Panel, uninstall Geforce Experience software. See if the problem persists.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues.

Hello again, I'm sorry this is happening and it's really weird that he when updating by pc app he's done it.

The big question is that we never check here in the community any similar situation.

I didn't ask you but by chance you are not part of some Insider program because the updates are different for the controls, for normal control the firmware version is in version 4.8.1923.0
  7. Georges C. Win User

Xbox elite controller A button causing the game bar to open and blue tooth issues.

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Koolaidguy, this is really weird, first make sure you havehave the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H1?

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store.

When you're done with this, go to the Windows Start menu, then click Settings'Games'Xbox Game Bar.

You'll have the shortcut options and also an option to select for the Xbox Game Bar to open with the power button
  8. same1212 Win User

I'm struggling from same issue as you do . except only use this controller for my pc. ( I don't have xbox )

Guess there is no way to fix it...
  9. koolaidguy Win User

Yeah everything is updated. I just updated windows yesterday to make sure and I reinstalled the xbox accessories app just to make sure I had the latest version.

Turning off the ability to launch the game bar through settings did solve one problem, but it didn't fix the bluetooth issue. It also doesn't prompt me to update the controller when I go into the accessories app. IDK I think I just got a **** model that made it through quality control. Why does a 179.99 dollar controller have bluetooth issues and reads the A input as a A+Xbox button input only through bluetooth? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you have anyother ideas please let me know otherwise I'll probably be heading to best buy soon to get a replacement.

Also just for more context to the issue, I don't have an issue with the bluetooth dongle on my PC because my normal xbox one controller works fine with bluetooth. And I tried the elite controller on another PC and it does the exact same thing.
Thema:

1. Game Bar causing issues with Xbox Button on Controller - Similar Threads - Game Bar causing

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  6. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  7. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  8. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  9. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  10. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...