Game bar always starts muted no matter what

Discus and support Game bar always starts muted no matter what in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Xbox game bar setting “Turn mic on by default when I record” simply does not work. How do I fix that or can I even fix it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Qertion, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Qertion
    Qertion Guest

The Xbox game bar setting “Turn mic on by default when I record” simply does not work. How do I fix that or can I even fix it.

:)

Qertion, Nov 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Qertion, thanks for the extra info.

Let's try to isolate the problem a bit more

Please try this:

"Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device

Go to Windows Settings > Navigate to Bluetooth & devices

Select Devices > Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound

Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)

Verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

If that doesn't work try this instead:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice

Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat

Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page

Select Settings > Audio

Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

----------

If none of the above worked, give this a try:

A. Reinstall the game bar via powershell command

Right-click on the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) from the pop-up menu.

Copy and paste the following command in PowerShell and hit Enter to uninstall the Game Bar from your system.

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage

Now head over to Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar, install it and give it a new try

B. Delete the registry keys associated with the game bar :

Press Windows key+R then type regedit and press Enter.

Go to this path (expand the folders using the little ">")

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR

Once there delete all the keys except (Default), restart your PC and try again
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Qertion

Additional information is needed, please tell me:

Are you using windows 10 or 11?
    Is this the first time that you try to use this feature or previously you were able to do it?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  4. Qertion Win User

I’m using windows 10 and this is not the first time I am using this. I have had this problem for a while. The only way I know of to fix it is to mute and unmute before I do the back ground recording but after a certain amount of time it goes back to being muted.
  5. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

Enforcement

Always make sure to block and mute toxic players. Never respond to them no matter what they may say to you.
  6. BarrelBurrito01 Win User

[Mod removed] BAN

Always block, mute and report toxic players who make you feel uncomfortable or make threats towards you. Never respond to them no matter what they may say to you.
Thema:

1. Game bar always starts muted no matter what - Similar Threads - Game bar always

2. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  3. Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Game Bar doesn’t record full screen video. There is black bars all around the gameplay...: I'm using Xbox APP from my Laptop to remoe play from my Xbox Series X console. I make gameplay videos. After recording Hundred videos, I've noticed none of my videos are full screen. All videos...
  4. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  5. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  6. Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available."

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar Issue - "gaming features not available.": Game Bar doesn't recognise Sea of Thieves Steam version, which means it won't allow me to record game clips using Game Bar. It shows me this box And when I tick that box, it immediately unticks...
  7. Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar wont open, and I've tried at least 10 methods: Game Bar will not open at all, I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. Check for updates. Run commands in Powershell. Restarted my computer numerous of times and still nothing. Does anyone...
  8. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  9. Xbox game bar... gone?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar... gone?: First it was all my social widgets, and now the entire application is gone. windows+g just opens the "You need an app to open this gamingoverlay link" thing. I did nothing to delete, remove, or...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Performance Widget always stuck at 0 percent: Hello, I was trying the performance widget for xbox game bar, however it does not seem to work. At random intervals, the xbox game bar just decides to stop and gets stuck at everything at 0...