Game and chat audio leaking through headset

Discus and support Game and chat audio leaking through headset in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, so I recently purchased as series X, I previously used the one x, I have Astro A40 with M80 mixamp. They are great and this is my second pair.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by unfinishednam, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Game and chat audio leaking through headset

Hello, so I recently purchased as series X, I previously used the one x, I have Astro A40 with M80 mixamp. They are great and this is my second pair. Never had a issue with first set or this set until randomly the other day I was playing Xbox and a random person in the game had said my tv was turned up. I went to turn it down and it was indeed turned all the way down. I then went to the firing range to test it out and sure enough anytime I shot my gun or any loud audio would play my mic would Pick it up. And it picked it up bad. I tried mixing parts of my old headset with the new one (like the mic itself) and it didn’t help. The controller is brand new, just bought and updated. The headset as well is less than 6 months old and other than this issue works fine. If anyone would be able to help that would be great. To me it seems like the mic monitoring needs to be turned down but I can’t do that with the headset as it plugs into the controller and blocks out those options. It’s all adjusted on the M80, which doesn’t have a mic monitoring options. I’ve looked all over and no one has seemed ask or had this issue. So hopefully someone here can provide some help.

:)

unfinishednam, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

And yes, I'm sorry about the situation then.

The next step would really be to contact Astro to check the procedure they have to correctly configure this part.
  3. unfinishednam Win User

I did the reset on the console and it didn’t work from what I can tell. I will have to contact Astro I guess.
  4. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Actually from the report of your situation, it is an "error" of the audio monitoring configuration.

When set to maximum, the microphone picks up even the lowest of noises.

But, in your case where you have a physical controller of Astro, you need to edit this configuration for it.

You can contact the Astro support channel so they can help you configure this option correctly.

And if it's a software "bug" error, you can solve it with this process.

Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.

Select System > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset Console.

Restore and keep my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

When asking to pull settings from an old xbox, put no

You will have to log in your accounts again, that's all

I'm available for any questions, friend.
  5. jcsheehan Win User

the newer 3.5mm controller

The chat headset is designed to only give you chat audio, and leave game audio coming through your television.

Any other headset will give you both game and chat audio through the headset, whether you use the new controller or the older version with the headset adapter.
  6. ooO StAsH Ooo Win User

Headset Echoing

If using headset for game audio and chat, mute the TV or any device your game and chat audio is coming through and make sure 'chat' is set to output through headset only. If you have your tv volume up in the background while you're on the headset there
    will probably be echoing especially if you have your party audio set to output through your TV.
Thema:

1. Game and chat audio leaking through headset - Similar Threads - Game chat audio

2. Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X: Is there any way to include mine and others party chat audio in game clips. Im on xbox series X b58ffff7-5cd1-473c-8490-522e1b9dcab7
  3. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  4. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  5. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  6. My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.

in XBoX on Windows
    My chat mixer is grey and I can't hear game audio thru my headphones.: I've tried everything I've seen online. Updating the controller with the headphones plugged in, plugging in the headphones super slowly, nothing with work. It's bugging the **** out of me. Help??...
  7. I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the...: I have a Xbox Chat Headset and i was wondering if I could hear the game audio while in the party a7f72a11-3710-4820-9cca-7cc18bda3662
  8. does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on...: does my twitch stream still pick up party audio when we switch party to in game chat on xbox? 536155e3-e923-48ea-817c-350e1ab71b7a
  9. Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio mixer between chat and game on xbox wireless headset doesn’t work.: Hi, I have a problem with the xbox wireless headset. I can properly hear sound from the game and chat too but if i try to mix these channel (with the left wheel of the headset) it remains the...
  10. How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I record party/game chat audio in my Xbox clips?: I’ve been trying to find a concrete answer, but there doesn’t seem to be one. I want to be able to record the game/party chat audio in my Xbox clips. Watching back the clips with only the basic...