Frustration

Discus and support Frustration in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; First off I just want to say I really enjoy my XB1. What I'm not enjoying is this ever growing greed (I feel) of publishers that shell out non... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kylec922, Jan 2, 2014.

1. kylec922
    kylec922 Guest

Frustration

First off I just want to say I really enjoy my XB1. What I'm not enjoying is this ever growing greed (I feel) of publishers that shell out non functional titles that I can not get a refund for. I don't go to the grocery and buy half eaten tomatoes, why are
    we buying half finished games? (Looking at you BF4).

Currently I can't even play NBA2k14, all of my saves were corrupted after the patch, and the game currently corrupts every single save file. A SAVE FILE. It's 2014, if your servers aren't more functional than a N64 memory pack please do not use online saves
    just so I can have micro transactions forced upon me. I've already paid a good chunk of change, I'm fine with the option being there for those that wish to spend the money, it's just not for everyone. So don't force it, please?

BF4, also almost unplayable. (Currently it's completely unplayable, again great servers). I don't need to go into details on how we've been sold a beta. I just felt the need to put my two cents out there. I don't expect perfection at all, but I literally
    don't even have the option to play a game in my down time because they aren't functional. I don't mean to sound like a whiny B. What's awful about this is I'm not even sure what the solution is.

:)

kylec922, Jan 2, 2014
  2. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    Frustration

If we all waited to buy the console the price drops would have taken longer to happen. Good initial sales in first year help fund and get the price drops earlier. Spoon full of concrete is recommended.

RippenHarra, Jan 2, 2014
  3. weatherman34
    weatherman34 Guest
    Frustration

I felt the same way but you live and learn so next time they come out with something just wait!!

weatherman34, Jan 2, 2014
  4. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

Frustration

I am glad I have not purchased these games, seems like the devs/companies really messed up. You think it might be better to go to their forums and give some feedback?? Microsoft did not make these games, and I think both games are hosted by their own company
    servers.

Burnin TODI, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Def Oso
    Def Oso Guest
    The solution is to wait out newly released tech......but to be honest, this is one of the downsides to the internet, things can be released half arsed then fixed via patch. By the summer I imagine things to run smoother with both Xbox one and bf4......maybe
    bf4 lol.

Def Oso, Jan 2, 2014
  6. kylec922
    kylec922 Guest
    I think the XB1 is great, I know there's some features missing, but they know and likely knew at launch those would be implemented over time. I'm fine with that, it's a new console. I know MS didn't release them because their games actually work, why would
    they shoot themselves in the foot. Which I guess is what I was sort of getting at, I wish Sony and MS saw (maybe they do and can't do anything) that this crap hurts them as hardware makers too.

Consumer protection on software is almost zilch. For instance, if I bought an XB1 and had hardware issues it would either be replaced or I could return it. I walk out of a store and open a plastic film on a game I now own that and can only exchange it for
    the same title, which as we're aware isn't going to fix bad code or bad servers. I bought premium for BF4, $100 for a *** game I can't even f'ing play half the time. I use to have FUN playing games, it's turning into a big hassle trying to figure out work
    arounds with constant bugs, yet they have time to make premium content to charge more. It's a joke really.

kylec922, Jan 2, 2014
  7. I agree with the op

the thing i dont get is knowing all the problems the 360 had from 05-2011 why jump on the x1 wagon so fast?

im sure in 4yrs the x1 will be great?

DBLmeatPalace2, Jan 2, 2014
  8. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest

Frustration

I still think your beef should be with the people making the product.....stop buying from these crap companies!! I simply chose to wait until reviews and player experiences were written up in blogs/forums....I then bought games that worked. I didn't see
    the need to pre-order any games for a next gen console....especially since the hardware is so new and the devs likely had little time with the tools (look at the 360 transition and how long it took for the ps3/360 games to really start looking/playing good)....gamers
    need to start being a little more smarter and have patience....there aren't going to be any shortages of games (at the least you can go digital if all physical games are sold out), wait for reviews, see how other "beta tester" gamers are responding to the
    game, then go buy after a few days or weeks....you really aren't going to miss that much if you wait a few days....

Burnin TODI, Jan 2, 2014
  9. I feel your pain! BF4 is just so unplayable at the moment. And that's if you can actually get into a game in the first place, which is near impossible at the moment!

paulgod-61C01135-A596-4D45-AEE6-821E033D1EBE, Jan 2, 2014
  10. kylec922
    kylec922 Guest
    I agree, my beef is with the people making the products not Microsoft as I thought I was clear about. Apologies if I wasn't. It's not even just the XB1, it was on the 360, PS3, PS4...etc. I guess I just don't deem it necessary to wait it out. I feel like
    a product should at least be payable on release. Am I wrong here? I don't mean flawless, I'm talking playable. You want to wait for reviews? 2k14 got great reviews, prior to the patches the only problems were in features I didn't care about.

kylec922, Jan 3, 2014
  11. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I really get surprised by these threads. Not because of the complaints ( it's in you right to do so) but the fact that I don't seem to be experiencing these problems. I here people saying they are getting kicked out of FIFA or they are having trouble getting
    into a game of battlefield or server migration on ghost, but personally I have experienced none of this. I mean on bf4 it was a bit like that at first but since the patch I've had no probs. not saying anyone is lying or a thing like that. I'm just surprise
    is all. I must have just been lucky.

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  12. Corrupting files is more often than not an operator error friend. I have yet to experience one game on x1 corrupt my files.

Would you like to know why?

Because I wait till the game is full installed and patched before playing!

Don't blame the production for something you may have caused yourself

Listed mia 510, Jan 3, 2014
  13. Frustration

@Dufful

Or you wait till game is fully downloaded like some of us do

14. DuFFuL
    DuFFuL Guest
    I sure do. As a pc player as well I'm used to not touching anything while game installs. I just put in and do something else for a while.

DuFFuL, Jan 3, 2014
  15. That standard procedure if you ask me.

Thema:

Frustration

1. Frustration - Similar Threads - Frustration

2. XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Controller Issues - Frustrated Son and Mom: My son recently got an Xbox One off a friend. We’re new to the gaming world. He keeps getting a message in the middle of games that says “you must connect a controller to play” (paraphrased), even...
  3. Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is...: Unable to complete setup on phone still.. this is very frustrating! The code I enter is 100% right! Me as well as many others have this same issue. Trying to setup Xbox series s with my galaxy...
  4. Account Recovery Frustration

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery Frustration: A couple nights ago (Jan 2) when I went to sign in to my account on my xbox, it asked me to do a security verification. I don't have my old phone number so I had to do an account recovery form at...
  5. Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home Xbox Switches not consistent, frustrating situation: I am trying to set my account's home Xbox onto my friend's Xbox so that she can play all the games that I have, but when she went to go make my account's home Xbox onto hers, it said it had 0/5...
  6. Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.: can't no connect cause I'm also trying to do remote play and planning to purchase GPU to cloud gaming as well but currently I'm having issue to connect. I hope you can help me thank you....
  7. Hi, I'm really frustrated with my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I'm really frustrated with my Xbox: Hi, I'm really frustrated with my Xbox Series X. I've been experiencing apparently one of the most common problems many users have reported. Sudden blackouts constantly occur while I'm playing,...
  8. FRUSTRATING : Fake AI Game Invites destroying my xbox experience.

in XboX Insiders
    FRUSTRATING : Fake AI Game Invites destroying my xbox experience.: Lonnnnnggg time Xbox user since the original Xbox. I get at least 10 fake messages a day from fake AI players. "PlayerX" invites you to play Minecraft, etc.. This may repeat 15 times while I'm...
  9. Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox punish honest non-troll players for expressing frustration to annoying...: Why put punishing bans on players that follow the rules and enjoy themselves; instead of the malicious trolls who bug players to no end? What does it take for the Xbox community to voice their...
  10. Xbox x/s confusion frustration controller stops working after a few times !

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox x/s confusion frustration controller stops working after a few times !: my xbox controller x/s carbon black I purchased a few months ago was hooked up bluetooth to my fire stick as an added device worked fine for a few weeks it was disconnected it no longer had...