: Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like...

Discus and support : Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like Destiny 2 Why would you disable IPv6? Internet Protocol... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by gravity-47, Mar 22, 2021.

1. gravity-47
    gravity-47 Guest

: Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like...

: Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like Destiny 2
    Why would you disable IPv6?

Internet Protocol version 6 is the most current network protocol, bringing several improvements over IPv4. For Xbox, the expansion removes the need for Network Address Translation (NAT), which can interfere with multiplayer gaming and chat over IPv4 networks.

Learn more

:)

gravity-47, Mar 22, 2021
  2. gravity-47 Win User

Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like Destiny 2

Right, I have enabled IPv6 on my router.

The Xbox confirms it has an IPv6 address.

However, Xbox still says 'Strict NAT' and 'UPnP not available'... despite UPnP being definitely enabled in Fritz box, and 'allow independent connections' also enabled.

Next up I will have to try manually opening all the specified ports (per portforwarding.com list) even though really that doesn't make sense to be needed.

Anyone else got suggestions?

These are the IPv6 settings I used. I can't tell if they should be different for Post.lu as my service provider.

[​IMG]
  3. gravity-47 Win User

Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like Destiny 2

Ok the solution for Luxembourg post internet and needing to disable strict NAT, and enable UPnP.

Sign into mypost.lu and within your internet settings you can pay €2/month to get a public IPv4. (The default is a private IP with Post doing NAT!)

Once done, voice comms works in Destiny 2.
  4. gravity-47 Win User

With my Frtiz!box router, there used to be a bug (and I had assumed it remains) where IPv6 would cause the exact problem I was trying to solve. It was an old recommendation from articles on this site. I'll try your suggestion and see if that works.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Why would you disable IPv6?

Internet Protocol version 6 is the most current network protocol, bringing several improvements over IPv4. For Xbox, the expansion removes the need for Network Address Translation (NAT), which can interfere with multiplayer gaming and chat over IPv4 networks.

Learn more
  6. Shane Jolejole Win User

Open NAT?

Not sure if it makes a difference with xbox one. I shut down the firewall / disabled NAT completely on my fritz!box and the xbox one still indicated a strict NAT.
Thema:

1. : Fritz!Box 7530 strict NAT and double NAT causing problems with Xbox One X games like... - Similar Threads - Fritz Box 7530

2. Incombatibility between Xbox game pass and Fritz!Box 7590

in XBoX on Windows
    Incombatibility between Xbox game pass and Fritz!Box 7590: Hello. I have problem to join to xbox game pass account, everytime with my Fritz!box 7590. I cought on Internet and I see Incombatibility between Xbox game pass and Fritz!Box 7590. Can you help to...
  3. : Fritz!Box 6490 cable - UPnP not workling properly

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Fritz!Box 6490 cable - UPnP not workling properly: : Fritz!Box 6490 cable - UPnP not workling properly hm, i think its an isp or server problem not on your side. 6998055c-09f4-4299-ab97-efc998ca42a8
  4. Fritz BOx

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fritz BOx: Hallo ich kann mich über meine Fritzbox nicht mit der Xbox wia w-lan verbinden [translation-Hello I can't connect to the Xbox via w-lan via my Fritzbox] fe4b5333-e944-4173-a1b3-982ddea7ea3d
  5. FRITZ!Box 7360: Verbindung mit wlan nicht möglich[Connection with wlan not possible]

FRITZ!Box 7360: Verbindung mit wlan nicht möglich[Connection with wlan not possible]: FRITZ!Box 7360: Verbindung mit wlan nicht möglich[Connection with wlan not possible] Hallo Spedeye, Konntest du das Problem bereits lösen? Der "Hardreset" den {Parity} vorgeschlagen hat, bringt...
  6. Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Netzwerkprobleme bei fifa 19 [Network problems at FIFA 19]

Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Netzwerkprobleme bei fifa 19 [Network problems at FIFA 19]: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) Fritz!Box: Netzwerkprobleme bei fifa 19 [Network problems at FIFA 19] Hey Marv! From what I could understand, any game mode in which you are matched up with a friend,...
  7. Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Forza Horizon 4. Online not working

Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Forza Horizon 4. Online not working: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) Fritz!Box: Forza Horizon 4. Online not working Hello Chris, Try following this [ANSWERED] [PC] Can't connect to Horizon Life (DNS error) page for the current...
  8. Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Ich kann mich nicht mit meinem -Funknetzwerk verbinden, mit dem Lan kabel ...

Fritz!Box Fritz!Box: Ich kann mich nicht mit meinem -Funknetzwerk verbinden, mit dem Lan kabel ...: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) Fritz!Box: Ich kann mich nicht mit meinem -Funknetzwerk verbinden, mit dem Lan kabel funzt es aber, kann mir jemand helfen. Hey Norbert! Thanks for bringing this issue...
  9. Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver

Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox 1 wifi receiver To contact xbox support: (800) 469-9269 if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us...
  10. Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox one party join problems

Fritz!Box FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox one party join problems: Fritz!Box (Modems/Gateways) FRITZ!Box 7490: Xbox one party join problems Check this link for a possible solution: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution...