Friends List not showing up after resetting console.

Discus and support Friends List not showing up after resetting console. in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Had an issue with seeing updated friends list on Xbox series X as it would appear that a friend is online then when I click on their name they're... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Evan McGettrick, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Friends List not showing up after resetting console.

Had an issue with seeing updated friends list on Xbox series X as it would appear that a friend is online then when I click on their name they're actually offline. I restarted my console same issue so I did a factory reset but kept my games installed. Now xbox friends list says I have 0 friends entirely, yet when on the xbox app on my phone all my friends are there. Not sure what to do? Could be just server issues?

:)

Evan McGettrick, Apr 1, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Please try doing a complete power cycle and check if that sorts out the issue.

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.
  3. Evan McGettrick Win User

Hey Ron,

I tried your suggestion and the issue still persists.
  4. Shane Perry1 Win User

Same issue your steps didn't help
  5. SGT ANSTEE 999 Win User

I am trying all the same steps but having the same issue with 0 friends online. Have had it for a couple of says now.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Evan. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Let's check if it happens with a different network connection.

Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Sign in to your account after that and see if it still shows zero friends using your account.
Thema:

1. Friends List not showing up after resetting console. - Similar Threads - Friends List showing

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  5. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...
  6. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried the following: 1. Removing my account from the xbox 2. Holding down the Xbox power button to hard reset, and unplugged the xbox for several minutes. 3. I then went into the...
  7. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried to reset my Xbox, remove the account then re add it on to the Xbox, my last resort is to just remove everyone i see then re add them. But I am open to any other suggestions....
  8. My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list: Hi, My xbox game bar has stopped showing my friends list and just says " we cant show your friends right now, try again in a bit" Ive followed steps on other posts , ive signed out and in,...
  9. Friend list showing empty

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend list showing empty: I made a new account and added one of my friends there. When I go to my friend list, it shows empty. It doesn’t say that anyone is offline it just doesn’t show any friends. We tried unfriending...
  10. Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games: Hello everyone. I'm opening a forum thread to try and figure this out with everyone. I currently have two issues that I'd love to fix since it's a bit too annoying and I mainly play on PC now....