Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website

Discus and support Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My friends list hasnt worked for over a year, previous to the most revent update (october 2017) my friends would appear in the list however would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chalmers147, Oct 22, 2017.

1. chalmers147
    chalmers147 Guest

Hi,

My friends list hasnt worked for over a year, previous to the most revent update (october 2017) my friends would appear in the list however would never update. The friends that were online / offline before the issue occured remained that way (from what my
    friends list was telling me).

I have tried all the obvious things to rectify:

Hard reset

Deleting account from xbox and re-syncing

Synced my account onto a friends xbox at his house - same issue

I have spent many hours with numerous support people going through the same fault finding tasks with no success. The last time i tried to fix this i was told there may be an issue with my account.

Please help!

:)

chalmers147, Oct 22, 2017
  2. rowjo4
    rowjo4 Guest
    Xbox not able to connect via a wired connection, IP address not being assigned, but DHCP is on

Hasnt worked for a year Thank you xbox-live COMPLETE WASTE OF 140$ ON MW3 THANKS A L O T

EDIT: BTW my acount went corrupt soon after so......... I lost everything

rowjo4, Oct 22, 2017
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Friends / Followers

Hi cloud I accepted your friends request on Xbox 1 but it's not showing up on my Xbox 360 friend list (now sitting @ 99/100) nor on Xbox.com. Only on my Xbox 1 console. You probably cant read my bio online status or friends list because of this as I keep
    that for Friends Only. It's kind of like a mathematical equation how your friends list works if you own a 360 and 1. My friends list on both 360 and 1 load fine. You cant view followers or know if you have any on xbox.com and Xbox 360 until you log onto Xbox
    1 console or Xbox 1 smartglass. I wished that make it *standardised* across all of Xbox Live.

smileskybird, Oct 22, 2017
  4. smileskybird Win User

Friends / Followers

Hi cloud I accepted your friends request on Xbox 1 but it's not showing up on my Xbox 360 friend list (now sitting @ 99/100) nor on Xbox.com. Only on my Xbox 1 console. You probably cant read my bio online status or friends list because of this as I keep
    that for Friends Only. It's kind of like a mathematical equation how your friends list works if you own a 360 and 1. My friends list on both 360 and 1 load fine. You cant view followers or know if you have any on xbox.com and Xbox 360 until you log onto Xbox
    1 console or Xbox 1 smartglass. I wished that make it *standardised* across all of Xbox Live.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Need help (not a rant)

I assure you, that it won't carry over. It will be considered 2 separate games. Think about it like if you played the same game under the same gamertag on both your Xbox 360 & on Games for Windows Live - in that case you'd have 2 separate lists for achievements,
    1 for your Xbox 360 & 1 for Games for Windows Live. I've seen it work this way from friends who've done exactly this. I assure you again, this is EXACTLY how it will work.
  6. FullHornet Win User

will current xbox live membership carry over?

Your gamer tag and your friends list along with all your achievements will carry over to your live account on xbox one. If you have a current xbox live account you will still be able to play xbox live on both xbox consoles.
  7. MorseyBaby Win User

Friends list hasnt been working for a month

Could be a caching issue. Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the power button down for 10 seconds.
  8. PICK 34 Win User

XBOX One Bad Value

DIMAP71

Xbox live has been wonky a few times here and there over the last year or so. Mostly to do with the friends list from what I recall.
Thema:

1. Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website - Similar Threads - Friends list hasnt

2. My friends list doesn't update.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list doesn't update.: If my friends a playing a game then switch to a different game or app it doesn't update in my friends list and still says they are on that previous game. e88deff5-155b-44b9-93a6-94a7cbc9dab4
  3. Can you please remove all of my friends on my friends list?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you please remove all of my friends on my friends list?: I added almost every person i ran into when i first got my Xbox 6 years ago. And now that im older im stuck with over 600 random people on my friends list and i hate it. Can Microsoft please do...
  4. Have more friends on profile list than I actually have

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Have more friends on profile list than I actually have: On my Xbox profile welcome page it says I have 4 friends I only have 3. I have tried deleting all of them and when I did still said I had one friend. Even though has no friends or followers. I...
  5. Why are my friends list and various other things not loading?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are my friends list and various other things not loading?: I made a video showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkQ1oiZ6lI8 My notifications, messages, and friends list are not working. I have my xbox connected to wifi and xbox live. I can...
  6. I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a Xbox series x my son has a Nintendo switch can I add him to my friends list so we...: I just bought a Xbox series x for myself and I bought my 7 yo a Nintendo switch...he wants to play games with me on his console how do I add him as a friend on my Xbox series x...
  7. My Xbox Friend’s List Frozen and will not update

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox Friend’s List Frozen and will not update: For the past 2 weeks my Xbox One (2013 version and no I’m not upgrading) hasn’t been updating my friend’s list and has been frozen. It shows friends online playing games however when I click on...
  8. Cannot see friend list on Madden 2023 to play someone online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cannot see friend list on Madden 2023 to play someone online: My son has X Box X, and I have X Box One. I purchased the same Madden 2023 digital game on both systems for us to be able to play each other when he is at his moms. We can join parties with each...
  9. Grounded multiplayer xbox live does not show friends or steam group friends list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded multiplayer xbox live does not show friends or steam group friends list: my friend and I play on pc in the same room both have steam we play grounded I have been trying to share my world with them but when xbox live brings up list both sides are blank even when the...
  10. Friends list hasnt been working for a month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends list hasnt been working for a month: My friends always says zero friends online but when I switch to another profile or use the xbox app I can see who is on. I tried restarting the console and removing profile and signing back in and...