Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website

Discus and support Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My friends list hasnt worked for over a year, previous to the most revent update (october 2017) my friends would appear in the list however would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by chalmers147, Oct 22, 2017.

1. chalmers147
    chalmers147 Guest

Hi,

My friends list hasnt worked for over a year, previous to the most revent update (october 2017) my friends would appear in the list however would never update. The friends that were online / offline before the issue occured remained that way (from what my
    friends list was telling me).

I have tried all the obvious things to rectify:

Hard reset

Deleting account from xbox and re-syncing

Synced my account onto a friends xbox at his house - same issue

I have spent many hours with numerous support people going through the same fault finding tasks with no success. The last time i tried to fix this i was told there may be an issue with my account.

Please help!

:)

chalmers147, Oct 22, 2017
  2. rowjo4
    rowjo4 Guest
    Xbox not able to connect via a wired connection, IP address not being assigned, but DHCP is on

Hasnt worked for a year Thank you xbox-live COMPLETE WASTE OF 140$ ON MW3 THANKS A L O T

EDIT: BTW my acount went corrupt soon after so......... I lost everything

rowjo4, Oct 22, 2017
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Friends / Followers

Hi cloud I accepted your friends request on Xbox 1 but it's not showing up on my Xbox 360 friend list (now sitting @ 99/100) nor on Xbox.com. Only on my Xbox 1 console. You probably cant read my bio online status or friends list because of this as I keep
    that for Friends Only. It's kind of like a mathematical equation how your friends list works if you own a 360 and 1. My friends list on both 360 and 1 load fine. You cant view followers or know if you have any on xbox.com and Xbox 360 until you log onto Xbox
    1 console or Xbox 1 smartglass. I wished that make it *standardised* across all of Xbox Live.

smileskybird, Oct 22, 2017
  4. smileskybird Win User

Friends / Followers

Hi cloud I accepted your friends request on Xbox 1 but it's not showing up on my Xbox 360 friend list (now sitting @ 99/100) nor on Xbox.com. Only on my Xbox 1 console. You probably cant read my bio online status or friends list because of this as I keep
    that for Friends Only. It's kind of like a mathematical equation how your friends list works if you own a 360 and 1. My friends list on both 360 and 1 load fine. You cant view followers or know if you have any on xbox.com and Xbox 360 until you log onto Xbox
    1 console or Xbox 1 smartglass. I wished that make it *standardised* across all of Xbox Live.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Need help (not a rant)

I assure you, that it won't carry over. It will be considered 2 separate games. Think about it like if you played the same game under the same gamertag on both your Xbox 360 & on Games for Windows Live - in that case you'd have 2 separate lists for achievements,
    1 for your Xbox 360 & 1 for Games for Windows Live. I've seen it work this way from friends who've done exactly this. I assure you again, this is EXACTLY how it will work.
  6. FullHornet Win User

will current xbox live membership carry over?

Your gamer tag and your friends list along with all your achievements will carry over to your live account on xbox one. If you have a current xbox live account you will still be able to play xbox live on both xbox consoles.
  7. MorseyBaby Win User

Friends list hasnt been working for a month

Could be a caching issue. Have you tried a hard reset? Hold the power button down for 10 seconds.
  8. PICK 34 Win User

XBOX One Bad Value

DIMAP71

Xbox live has been wonky a few times here and there over the last year or so. Mostly to do with the friends list from what I recall.
Thema:

1. Friends list hasnt worked for over a year both on xbox 1 and xbox live website - Similar Threads - Friends list hasnt

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  5. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  6. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  7. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  8. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...
  9. Friends list not loading on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list not loading on Xbox: I am unable to access my friends list on my Xbox. I am able to access it on the app. But on my Xbox it says 0 friends online and I can’t access the list I have already done a power cycle and hard...
  10. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...