Friends can't hear me

Discus and support Friends can't hear me in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I bought a new computer and for whatever reason if I am too quiet my friends cant hear me. I use the xbox console companion to talk to my friends but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by TyeEvans, Jul 12, 2021.

1. TyeEvans
    TyeEvans Guest

Friends can't hear me

I bought a new computer and for whatever reason if I am too quiet my friends cant hear me. I use the xbox console companion to talk to my friends but I have to speak really loud for them to hear me. The problem isn't that I am quiet its that if I am quiet my audio turns off. Not only that but I have found that muting my mic doesn't work at all.

:)

TyeEvans, Jul 12, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Friends can't hear me

It could be hardware related, could be software related.

To check if it's the software, try using either the Xbox Game Bar app or the XBox App...the Console companion has been superceded by the Xbox App and, far as I know, is no longer being updated/supported.

For hardware, what headset are you using? Have you got updated software for it?

Is your Windows fully up-to-date? Any devices in "Device Manager" showing yellow exclamation marks? Is this the only time you have issues with audio on the PC? I take it you can hear your friends fine, just they can't hear you very well?
  3. FTF Win User

Friends can't hear me

As nursemorph stated, the console companion is definitely not the best choice for party chat from PC to console.

Starting or joining a party using the Xbox game bar which is included with windows 10 will give a far better experience and includes audio controls.

Another thing to check is to right click on the speaker icon in the far right of the windows task bar and select audio settings.

From there navigate to your microphone and check that the volume settings are adequate in there.

Sorry to be vague but there are so many software and hardware configuration possibilities, it is a case of trial and error, going through potential solutions methodically.
  4. FriendlyFire02 Win User

Friends can't hear me and I can't hear them

Can't believe it was that simple, working so far no hassle, thanks a heap
  5. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Hi,

whats your nat type and your friends nat type if you have moderate or strict nat its harder to chat through party
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

Have you the latest Windows 10 Build available? (Win key + R type winver and check if you are running 1909)

Have you checked if there are any update on Microsoft Store for this App?
Thema:

Friends can't hear me

1. Friends can't hear me - Similar Threads - Friends can't hear

2. Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends can't hear me unless the Game Bar is actively open: Since last weekend, unless the Game Bar is actively open, my friends can't hear me in the party chat, but I can hear them at all times though. I've tried reseting and repairing the Game Bar but...
  3. Why can't I hear non-friends?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I hear non-friends?: When I play any Xbox related games or when I'm in a party i can only hear my friends and not other people. I looked at my privacy settings and it says I should be able to, but I can't. I'm on Pc....
  4. Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.: I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is an adult account too. I've done: 2 Resets...
  5. Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one issue: I can't hear my friend when in a group even when i'm on an alt account.: I'll give quick words about what's going on. Basically when I am in a group I can't hear my friend even if I try going on an alt account, my account is an adult account too. I've done: 2 Resets...
  6. I can't hear my friend on my xbox party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't hear my friend on my xbox party: On my PC when I am on a xbox party, I can't seem to hear one of my friends. I tried everything that I can on xbox game bar in the party settings, and it still doesn't work! Please help!...
  7. Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar picking up my sound in party chat but my friend still can't hear me?: When i'm in a party with my friends on the gamebar the party overlay says i'm talking but my friends still cannot hear me. I tested my mic on a mic tester and it sounded just fine so i believe...
  8. Friend can't talk/hear once I join party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friend can't talk/hear once I join party: For over a month, I have been trying to join a party with my friend in it, we can hear each other for about 5 seconds and then it cuts him out. I have tried joining with a different profile and...
  9. Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...
  10. Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    Friend can hear me but I can't her me (Xbox to PC): I wasn't sure where to put this but I talk to my friend on pc sometimes I can hear him other times I can't and his talking bubble doesn't move he says he is talking but the bubble isn't showing it...