Friend list showing empty

Discus and support Friend list showing empty in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I made a new account and added one of my friends there. When I go to my friend list, it shows empty. It doesn’t say that anyone is offline it just... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by babydoll �, May 25, 2023.

1. babydoll �
    babydoll � Guest

I made a new account and added one of my friends there. When I go to my friend list, it shows empty. It doesn’t say that anyone is offline it just doesn’t show any friends. We tried unfriending and befriending again but now when I press “Submit” to add him as a friend, it says something like “Sorry, we couldn’t save your changes. Please try again in a while.” I tried resetting the Xbox, restarting, power restart and signing out and back in. Nothing works. Now I can’t add anyone as a friend because it gives me the same message, and the friends I already had are missing from my friend list. I’m on Xbox series S

:)

babydoll �, May 25, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello babydoll 💜,

We appreciate for your patience and hope that you are well today other than this account issue.

It seems like we have done most of the basic troubleshooting steps and yet the issue still persists.

Since you mentioned that it is working find on your friend's account when you try to login.

We suggest trying these methods.

• Uninstall and reinstall your profile.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options. Select Restart now. Physically power cycle the console Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button  on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off.

[​IMG]

If still the problem persists, we suggest you submit a bug and report a problem. Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.

Submitting a bug through the Xbox App

1. Navigate to the top right of the application and select your gamerpic icon

2. Select “Feedback” in the drop-down menu

3. Select “Report a problem”

4. Click Give new feedback

5. Add [Xbox Forum] in “Summarize your feedback” followed by a feedback summary

a. Summary should be descriptive and fully detailing the error you are receiving. Links redirecting to this forum post will not be accepted and will cause a delay in your feedback submission.

6. Category should automatically be selected.

We wish you a good day!

Kind regards

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. babydoll 💜 Win User

Hello

1. Is your account adult when you registered it? Yes, I checked the settings and it is registered as an adult
    2. Are you really logged in to your account? Yes, I can play games and do everything else
    3. Have you check internet connection? Yes, I also have a Ethernet cable on the Xbox, and have logged into a friend’s account in which the friend list worked fine, so it can’t be that
    4. Have you check Xbox live status? Yes, it says all services are up and running
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi babydoll 💜,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, your new account cannot add, and it gives you an error that says there is something wrong.

Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, before we proceed, we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Is your account adult when you registered it?
    2. Are you really logged in to your account?
    3. Have you check internet connection?
    4. Have you check Xbox live status?

These above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we have gathered all the information, we will formulate the viable solution to help you with your case.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  5. babydoll 💜 Win User

This didn’t fix it. It still says that my changes can’t be saved right now to try again in a while
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hi babydoll 💜,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Friend list showing empty - Similar Threads - Friend list showing

2. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  3. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  4. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  5. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  6. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...
  7. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried the following: 1. Removing my account from the xbox 2. Holding down the Xbox power button to hard reset, and unplugged the xbox for several minutes. 3. I then went into the...
  8. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried to reset my Xbox, remove the account then re add it on to the Xbox, my last resort is to just remove everyone i see then re add them. But I am open to any other suggestions....
  9. My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list: Hi, My xbox game bar has stopped showing my friends list and just says " we cant show your friends right now, try again in a bit" Ive followed steps on other posts , ive signed out and in,...
  10. Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games: Hello everyone. I'm opening a forum thread to try and figure this out with everyone. I currently have two issues that I'd love to fix since it's a bit too annoying and I mainly play on PC now....