Friend list not showing in State of Decay 2, Windows 10

Discus and support Friend list not showing in State of Decay 2, Windows 10 in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello I play State of Decay 2 on Windows 10. When I link my Microsoft account to a Steam account, a browser opens with a MS Login - I successfully log... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by mrg787, Oct 28, 2022.

1. mrg787
    mrg787 Guest

Hello

I play State of Decay 2 on Windows 10.
    When I link my Microsoft account to a Steam account, a browser opens with a MS Login - I successfully log in, then "Your account is now linked with Xbox" appears.

After I go back to the Multiplayer tab, no friend list shows up and there's only "Link with Steam - Manage Account Link" and "Manage your friends - Go to Xbox.com" which were still there even after I linked my MS account with the Steam one.

Please help

Friend list not showing in State of Decay 2, Windows 10 [​IMG]

Friend list not showing in State of Decay 2, Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

mrg787, Oct 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MRG787

Additional information is needed, please answer the following questions to assist you properly:

Is this happening on Windows 11 or 10?
    If I understood correctly you are experiencing this with the Steam version of the game, right?
    May I know if you tried verifying the game files using the Steam tools?

Or what did you tried so far to fix this problem
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. mrg787 Win User

You can try Reinstalling missing dependencies with this command via PowerShell (as administrator)

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the command doesn't work, I can advise you two more things that hopefully will revert these changes:

1. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)
    Reinstalling the dependencies using Powershell resolved the problem and now I can finally play multiplayer!
    Thank you! :)
  4. mrg787 Win User

Hello Josef

This error is happening on Windows 10, a Steam version of the game.
    I have already verified the game's files using the Steam tool's but that did not help.

I also tried running the game on Windows 7, but that did not help either.

The thing forgot to mention is I ran debloat scripts which removed the Xbox app and other Xbox components - Installing Xbox app through MS Store does not work but the Store itself works.
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

You can try Reinstalling missing dependencies with this command via PowerShell (as administrator)

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If the command doesn't work, I can advise you two more things that hopefully will revert these changes:

1. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

2. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)
  6. mrg787 Win User

Thema:

1. Friend list not showing in State of Decay 2, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Friend list showing

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  5. Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anybody’s friends online list showing entries on the Xbox ?: Have a series x and for the last couple of months it has not showing any of my friends online. I have reset it once but still no joy in getting it to show friends. If I check my chats I can see...
  6. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried the following: 1. Removing my account from the xbox 2. Holding down the Xbox power button to hard reset, and unplugged the xbox for several minutes. 3. I then went into the...
  7. Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue where my friends list is not showing up on my Xbox, but...: I have tried to reset my Xbox, remove the account then re add it on to the Xbox, my last resort is to just remove everyone i see then re add them. But I am open to any other suggestions....
  8. My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox gamebar has stopped showing my friends list: Hi, My xbox game bar has stopped showing my friends list and just says " we cant show your friends right now, try again in a bit" Ive followed steps on other posts , ive signed out and in,...
  9. Friend list showing empty

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend list showing empty: I made a new account and added one of my friends there. When I go to my friend list, it shows empty. It doesn’t say that anyone is offline it just doesn’t show any friends. We tried unfriending...
  10. Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar - Invite notifications not working and friend list doesn't show the games: Hello everyone. I'm opening a forum thread to try and figure this out with everyone. I currently have two issues that I'd love to fix since it's a bit too annoying and I mainly play on PC now....