Friend appears offline even though he is online.

Discus and support Friend appears offline even though he is online. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my friend and i tried to play MFS2020 but we both get visualized as offline. Then we downloaded the Xbox app, he still was offline. I tried to get... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tech_Boy1, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Tech_Boy1
    Tech_Boy1 Guest

So my friend and i tried to play MFS2020 but we both get visualized as offline.
    Then we downloaded the Xbox app, he still was offline.
    I tried to get some help in the official MFS2020 Discord server and one person said we should go to = Windows Settings > Gaming > XBox Networking and check connection status. Use the 'Fix it' button if you're getting errors.
    And we both figured out that our NAT-Type was diffrent (we dont know if that effects something) his was open mine was strict.
    Do I have to change my NAT-Type now????
    What should i do so that we get displayed online in game and on the Xbox app???

Please help!
    Thanks a lot Friend appears offline even though he is online. :)

:)

Tech_Boy1, Jun 20, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

The NAT type definitely affects the online gaming experience. You both need to have an open NAT type. Here are the ports that need to be opened from the internet service provider's side in order to have an open NAT type: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).
  3. An Xbox Dude Win User

Friends appearing forever offline even though they are online

4. iSpyn Win User

Hey An Xbox Dude!

Just curious other options I have power cycled every piece of equipment dping with the Xbox one.

Cleared the cache on the system

Removed my profile and redownloaded

Logged into other xbl accounts on my consol.

Is there anything more I can do?
  5. G0EAGLES Win User

This is most likely a privacy setting issue. If you go into Xbox settings under Privacy and Online Safety there are alot of settings. One of those is who can see if you are online. That is probably the issue.
  6. XBF Zineb F Win User

It says my friend is online even though he’s offline

Hello there @KiQS WATERR, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
Thema:

1. Friend appears offline even though he is online. - Similar Threads - Friend appears offline

2. My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friendslist appears empty, allthough i have friends added.: My Friendslist appears empty on my console. I restarted and reset my console many times, tho it didnt solve the problem. I can see it fully on my xbox app on my phone and pc, but on my console i...
  3. Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to appear offline while showing online to specific friends.: I was thinking that it would be nice if they would add a feature that would allow you to appear offline with the option of showing certain friends that you are online instead of showing offline to...
  4. Why is Xbox prompting me to add my friend when he appears on my friends list?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox prompting me to add my friend when he appears on my friends list?: I have 2 alternate accounts, and 1 main account. Both alts were operated by former family members, and I have since taken them to use since they no longer use them. Both accounts have some extra...
  5. All my friends on xbox and minecraft are appearing as offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my friends on xbox and minecraft are appearing as offline: All of my friends on xbox are showing as offline even though they aren't. I went onto minecraft to see if it showed they were online there but then it said I had no friends. I have no clue how to...
  6. Notifications of friends logging online are no longer appearing.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Notifications of friends logging online are no longer appearing.: The notifications for friends logging online are no longer showing up on the Xbox or Android App. Android version 12 Xbox Series x I've already tried the following: Turning notifications off...
  7. Xbox Friends online notification stopped appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Friends online notification stopped appearing: Hi, Normally when a favourited friend comes on xbox i would get a notification on the xbox app on my phone and a notification on xbox. However, recently this has stopped happening. Does anyone...
  8. Xbox profile is stuck saying offline for friends even when I'm online & appearing online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox profile is stuck saying offline for friends even when I'm online & appearing online: My Xbox friends have all said that my status is offline even though I appear online whenever I ask them. I have tried many solutions that have been presented on other forum posts. The only thing I...
  9. I wanted to know where my friend requests appear on the official xbox website.

in XBoX on Windows
    I wanted to know where my friend requests appear on the official xbox website.: I wanted to know where my friend requests appear on the official xbox website. dc5a0309-bbae-4640-bb91-1ebee77a27b3
  10. Xbox friend appear offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox friend appear offline: On my xbox one s all of my friends appear offline. 813a4ef4-0098-493e-bf80-8eeb140034b5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Xbox not showing friends online 2022

2. xbox showing me offline

3. friend on xbox live always appears offline

4. games and apps tell uou if your friend apear offline in xbox