Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app (part 3)

Discus and support Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app (part 3) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Originally posted here: Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app - Microsoft Community. Second post here: Frequent black... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrDonkey19, Mar 23, 2023.

1. MrDonkey19
    MrDonkey19 Guest

Originally posted here: Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app - Microsoft Community.
    Second post here: Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app - Microsoft Community

I recently upgraded my PC and since then I have had issues with xbox games crashing. The crashes happen at seemingly random times. When it crashes my monitor indicates that there is no signal on the DP cable, and changing to HDMI or another port does not fix it. Sometimes I still have audio indicating that I am still connected to the game, including voice chat from friends. It seems that the graphics driver is crashing entirely and cannot recover without a PC restart.

This only happens with games that I play through the xbox app. Specifically Sea of Thieves, Back 4 Blood, and Grounded. I have played other games through Steam with no issues, even when setting graphics to maximum values. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling pretty much everything, including a full Windows reset.

This problem has come and gone a number of times with no explanation, but currently happens quite frequently. Playing Sea of Thieves I crashed after about 20 minutes, then again and again until I gave up trying to play. I have recorded the crash a few times using my phone and submitted a feedback ticket here: https://aka.ms/AAk1lb7. The video doesn't show anything other than what is described, but I'm happy to share it if that helps with debugging.

I am looking for any advice that will help narrow down the issue. I can enable logs or debug flags as needed. Right now my best guess is something to do with the GPU, but I need to know that it is faulty before I can try to replace it under warrenty.

:)

MrDonkey19, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello MrDonkey19,

We appreciate for your patience and time here in Forums.

Since you have submitted feedback and other required information through private message, this case is now handled by our Technical Support teams. Kind keep an eye to your email and other contact information as they will communicate you anytime when they have updates to your case.

Thank you for posting Xbox Community Forum.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello MrDonkey19,

We appreciate for your patience and time.

May we ask if you have recorded the session of the game crashing and Black screen that you mentioned and attached it when submitting the bug?

We will be asking help from our technical support for more investigation. We are asking more information via private message. Kindly check and response it there and provide the Data's being ask.

We are looking forward to your response.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. MrDonkey19 Win User

Confirming that after resetting the Xbox app the problem still persists.
  5. MrDonkey19 Win User

Sent information via private message. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can provide to help debug.

One additional point that might be related, but might not. When I play Hitman 3 through the xbox app I do not encounter the same issue. The game sometimes crashes randomly to desktop, but from what I read online that might be a semi-common issue. I have never had Hitman 3 crash in the same way that I have described in the above post.
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello MrDonkey19,

Thank you for the information. We will further investigate this with our technical support. Once we have updates, we will inform you right away.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app (part 3) - Similar Threads - Frequent black screen

2. Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series Controller frequent disconnects when gaming: I'm not sure how unique my situation is but i'll try to be as detailed in explanation, as of today my pad keeps disconnecting when gaming, rarely or not what-ever if I leave my pad idle or just...
  3. what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?

in XBoX on Consoles
    what is the issue with wireless connections on Xbox going in and out so frequently?: I have an Xbox One and Xbox X - both have issues with the internet connection dropping or not connecting. 1. Xbox One is obviously older but has the same issue as the Xbox X 2. Xbox X was...
  4. Frequent network disconnect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Frequent network disconnect: Lots of network disconnects with my series x. Is this a known issue? cd6faa62-c931-46d5-b218-4a55cf3a3ded
  5. My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue...: Problem: My computer is crashing very frequently, spontaneous restarts, (freezing before) blue screen with and the screen turning different staticky colours (and so no specific error codes). I...
  6. Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Struggling with frequent freezes, random crashes, and power limit throttling.: For the past month my computer has descended into an unplayable state. I recently discovered on Intel's XTU program that I am experiencing power limit throttling. Could this be what is the issue...
  7. Xbox 360 display acting up. Crashes frequent.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 display acting up. Crashes frequent.: I recently found my old Xbox 360 S a few days ago and plugged it back in. When I did that, the wallpaper/background seemed all broken, with corrupted polygons everywhere. The console also crashes...
  8. Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app: Originaly posted here: Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app - Microsoft Community. I did not follow up quickly enough on that post so it was closed. New information:...
  9. Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Frequent black screen crashes when playing games through xbox app: I recently upgraded my PC and since then I have had issues with xbox games crashing. The crashes happen at seemingly random times. When it crashes my monitor indicates that there is no signal on...
  10. Anyone having frequent problems with the "black screen of death on xbox one S and xbox one...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone having frequent problems with the "black screen of death on xbox one S and xbox one...: I am not trying to accuse of anything but as of late my Xbox One S and my Xbox one X both started lagging recently then they both started experiencing the black screen of death. I was able to...