Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

Discus and support Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have this problem, I have an xbox x series and an HDMI 2.0 monitor that gives me 1080P 120HZ with Freesync activated. I bought an HDMI 2.O Splitter... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rhapsody_ce, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

I have this problem, I have an xbox x series and an HDMI 2.0 monitor that gives me 1080P 120HZ with Freesync activated. I bought an HDMI 2.O Splitter to have zero latency by doubling the signal to a video capture device and thus be able to play warzone competitively, but the surprise is that with the splitter it does not allow me to activate VRR (Freesync) on my console, ¿ anyone know a solution?

This is an Splitter
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XW6N8JR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

submitted by /u/Rhapsody_ce
    [link] [comments]

/u/Rhapsody_ce, Nov 9, 2021
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

My new tv supports 120hz but xbox says it doesn’t

just having hdmi 2.1 does not make the tv support 120hz for xbox, as has already been said, your tv does not support it. you tv does have 120hz panel but not vrr, you can try and force the xbox to connect with 120hz manually but you would not have freesync/vrr and you will get horrible tearing as the xbox cannot sustain a constant 120fps.

And apparently that tv only has 4x hdmi 2.0 ports.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox one s vrr not working

Hello, ChillFrosty. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and Microsoft Xbox user.

Due to Xbox One hardware limitations, only select FreeSync displays are compatible with the console too. To use FreeSync, an Xbox One must be connected to a display that supports FreeSync over HDMI, which is only offered by a subset of the current display range. VRR support should soon be more accessible with HDMI 2.1 but adoption of the standard is still scarce. To get the most out of FreeSync, a display that supports the FreeSync 2 and HDR10 standards should be used.

Are you sure your monitor supports it? Also, how did you try to enable VRR?
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p@120Hz WITH HDR on Xbox Series X ?

Hi,

What ngocphi has said is somewhat true but not entirely. I'm sure they mean well but I little more explanation is required.

The Asus VG32VQ can do 120Hz at 1440P, however, the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) FreeSync on this display tops out at 85Hz over HDMI. So for Xbox, 1440P 120Hz and VRR is a no go. You should be able to get to 120Hz with VRR at 1080P though.

The inability to do 1440P @ 120Hz is a limitation of your display's hardware, nothing to do with the older HDMI 2.0 port.

Most of these monitors rated refresh is based on their Display Port hardware.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

that monitor supports 120hz and freesync, you don't need hdmi 2.1 for 1080p and 120hz with freesync at all.

you need hdmi 2.1 for 4k at 120hz with vrr.

I have that screen and its fine for most gaming uses.

that screen has console mode for 120hz, and works fine.
  6. HomegrownSilky Win User

32GK650F-B not running 120hz on Xbox Series X

Have you tried turning off freesync (vrr) on the console? I did see one mention online that this monitor might only support up to100hz refresh rate over HDMI with freesync enabled.
Thema:

Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter

1. Freesync (VRR) problems using an HDMI 2.0 splitter - Similar Threads - Freesync VRR problems

2. Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display problems with VRR variable refresh rate always on and freesync on my monitor at the...: I have g story 15.6 inch Integrated Monitor for xbox series s 2k display that runs 4k @ 60hz and 1440p @144hz and 1080p @144hz (that is up to *hz) of course series s and x cap at 120hz but my...
  3. Forza Horizon 5 raised blacks on VRR Freesync Premium - Xbox Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 raised blacks on VRR Freesync Premium - Xbox Series X: Forza Horizon 5 is almost 1 year old and I still have raised blacks in the game while playing on my Xbox Series X with vrr Freesync premium on. Tell me Microsoft, what's your problem? In Forza...
  4. Freesync + vrr makes xbox controller have no input! XBOX FIX THIS!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Freesync + vrr makes xbox controller have no input! XBOX FIX THIS!: I recently started using FreeSync with vrr, and since then my controller keeps losing input while the controller is still on. It gets pretty annoying since I play ranked on cod nd apex.. Theres a...
  5. VRR Gsync / AMD Freesync Premium

in XBoX on Windows
    VRR Gsync / AMD Freesync Premium: Hello, I can't find a proper answer anywhere so I ask it here: I own a LG C1 Oled and a Xbox Series X and play with game optimizer mode. What option in game optimizer in my TV should I turn on,...
  6. VRR / Freesync issue on LG Nanocell TV

in XboX Insiders
    VRR / Freesync issue on LG Nanocell TV: I have LG 50NANO863PA (new 2021 model of 85 series with VA panel) and i have strange black smearing with enabled VRR or Freesync. If I disable VRR/Freesync black smearing is gone. I even tried...
  7. : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync?: : 4K@120hz VRR or Freesync? My tv can do both freesync and standard VRR on it. It’s a 2020 LG NANO90 series tv. Which should I use to set it up, when I’ll be playing FPS games 99.9% of time? Any...
  8. xbox series X 1440p 120Hz freesync or VRR ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series X 1440p 120Hz freesync or VRR ?: hi, I play on a samsung C27HG70 monitor but i can't activate 1440p 120hz resolution with VRR active. when a active te VRR, the resolution drop to 1080p120hz or 1440p60hz, is it normal ?...
  9. Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Auto Low Latency (ALLM) and FreeSync (VRR) bug: Hi! There have been a few threads about this issue last year. The issue involves that auto low latency doesn’t work properly while freesync (or vrr) is enabled one xbox one x. The issue seems to...
  10. Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync

in XboX Insiders
    Please confirm if these monitors work at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync: Having issues trying to see if anyone owns these monitors or has used them with Xbox One X at 1440p 120hz VRR Freesync. Can anyone confirm if the below monitors are supported? Acer XZ321QU Asus...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi vrr splitter

2. hdmi switch that supports vrr