Free-to-play multiplayer games no longer need Xbox Live Gold

Discus and support Free-to-play multiplayer games no longer need Xbox Live Gold in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, This xbox web link below suggests: For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by samsoft17, Apr 17, 2021.

1. samsoft17
    samsoft17 Guest

Hi,

This xbox web link below suggests:

For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We are working hard to deliver this change as soon as possible in the coming months.

No Changes to Xbox Live Gold Pricing, Free-to-Play Games to be Unlocked [Update]

Any idea regarding a tentative date, when would this change be available, it's already 3 months gone since this news has been published.

Or it is possible to play free-to-play multiplayer games without Xbox Live Gold now ??

Any help/update would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sam

:)

samsoft17, Apr 17, 2021
  2. BlastingAxis Win User

Why we need xbox live for free games?

free games need live as they are still full titles with multiplayer and online features and some also require xbox live gold to be played just like games with gold games
  3. CarlitosLisboa Win User

Do I need a game pass to play Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer on PC ?

4. Juxtapose13 Win User

Windows Live and Xbox live question. Please answer ASAP.

[quote user="Lactos292"]

Not 100% sure but I think you do not need gold for GFWL.

[/quote]

When Games for Windows Live launched, a Gold Membership was required to play multiplayer games via Matchmaking, but non-matchmaking was fine with an Xbox LIVE Silver (Free) membership.

About four or five years ago, they changed it so a Gold Membership was no longer required/needed for anything to do with Games for Windows Live. A Gold membership does nothing for PC gaming.
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Free to play

Hello blackdriver1710,

Thank you for your post. Games on the store that are free to play are available for download can be played in singleplayer without Xbox Live Gold. If the game has multiplayer features an Xbox Live Gold subscription is needed to play.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox Live Gold

Why i must buy Xbox Live Gold when i want to play Fortnite or other multiplayer games (free to play games too)?? Because my parents doesn't want to buy xbox live Gold... please help!!
    As soon as you want to play online multiplayer games on Xbox through your console, you will need a paid Gold membership.

If your parents don't want to pay for Xbox Live Gold, you could play Fortnite on a PC for free.
Thema:

1. Free-to-play multiplayer games no longer need Xbox Live Gold - Similar Threads - Free play multiplayer

2. I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Can't buy EAFC24 after playing the 10 hour free trial xbox series x: The trial ended and i tried to buy the game from the microsoft store but it refused please help the sale ends in 3 days dbdadce8-675e-4d39-be81-d6653e4599f7
  3. Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t invite friends to play free to play games but can invite them to party .: recently upgraded from a Xbox one s to a Xbox one series s . Now that I have got my new series s I cannot invite friends to free to play games such as fortnite or warzone . I have talked two...
  4. How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?: I own bedrock edition but it would let me play Java edition. When I go to buy Java edition it says I already own this but it wont let me play 92493e19-ceb5-4b74-8d39-5240a68dac6e
  5. Can I play online for free on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play online for free on my Xbox 360?: I just found out that xbox live gold disappears forever and was replaced by "game pass core" Do I still have to pay in Xbox Live Gold to be able to play online on my Xbox 360?...
  6. Games idea for free to play like Yu-Gi-Oh master duels

in XboX Insiders
    Games idea for free to play like Yu-Gi-Oh master duels: My first idea is a bakugon free to play have the same way you made Yu-Gi-Oh master duels but with bakugon and my second idea that would probably work better is a beyblade free to play where we can...
  7. Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...

in XboX Insiders
    Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...: Example R6 should be free because the hole premise is multiplayer Mc legends should have it free for only story mode as the capaign is multiplayer Titanfall has story mode so it doesnt get online...
  8. Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play free-to-play games like Fortnite on a different console?: I have an xbox console set up in my living room (this is designated as my 'home' console) but I also have a second xbox which is in a bedoom. My account is on both consoles as are 2 other accounts...
  9. Will minecraft on xbox ever be free to play online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will minecraft on xbox ever be free to play online?: I mean like Microsoft owns mc so shouldn't it be easy to do this? 96c2953a-903c-426f-90c0-50288e4cd86a
  10. The person who bought this needs to sign in error yet the game is free to play.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The person who bought this needs to sign in error yet the game is free to play.: My Xbox keeps displaying the person who bought this needs to sign in error yet the game is free to play. The specific game is rocket league. I've tried all the possible fixes logging in and out of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. play Dragon Age online without xbox live gold