Free Gamertag Change or Account supression

Discus and support Free Gamertag Change or Account supression in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm here to ask the support to give me a free gamertag change or to delete my xbox account from my Microsoft account so I can re-creat one with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TristanLapin, Oct 19, 2017.

1. TristanLapin
    TristanLapin Guest

Hi,

I'm here to ask the support to give me a free gamertag change or to delete my xbox account from my Microsoft account so I can re-creat one with another gamertag

Thank you in advance

:)

TristanLapin, Oct 19, 2017
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Oct 19, 2017
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    How do I change my gamertag if my name is on it????

Hello,

I'm sorry, regardless of if your gamertag has your name in it, Microsoft will not give free gamertag changes. Free gamertag changes are only given to people who make new accounts on Xbox.com or their Xbox 360 console within the first 30 days of the account
    creation.

After that time, everyone (even free accounts that didn't elect to change their gamertag within 30 days) are required to pay to change their gamertag.

You can find out how to change a gamertag by following the directions here.

HassanB, Oct 19, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

can't delete an account or get a free name change

Deleting the Xbox live account doesn't do what you think it does

It will still exist in cloud

Also you can't reuse the same profile with another gamertag

Haven't your heard the wise words earn your keep?

Common man name changes are a privilege there is only one console.that even allows name changes you should feel fortunate

ngocphi, Oct 19, 2017
  5. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    why not create a new prifile

And then use another account you do.realize you can change your ms account but you would still need to create a new accounr

This means all your achievements or game saves won't transfer over

Why not use common sense ?

ngocphi, Oct 19, 2017
  6. TristanLapin
    TristanLapin Guest
    First of all, I don't have any game on this account ( or if I do I don't wanna keep them), Secondly, this account is link to my microsoft account, so I'll need to re-creat a microsoft account to get another Live account. I've the right to
    ask them to delete the Live account so I can re-creat one wich will be link to my existent email. Also I'm not gonna pay 10 Euro for this because I'm not gonna pay for a gamertag on an account on wich there's no game.

7. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Accounts cannot be deleted. Every account is given a 1 free GT change on account creation only if you are given an autogenerated GT. After that the only way to change a GT would be to create a new account or pay the fee. Sorry.

bowski477, Oct 19, 2017
  8. TristanLapin
    TristanLapin Guest

SO there isn't any way to delete this account from my email or change the Xbox account to another microsoft account ? So i could use my email to link a new one ?

9. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    nope you do realize this is the internet right ?

You don't control yiur data

It is.permantly on the internet.

You can change your account but it would probably be a lot easier for you to create a new profile

ngocphi, Oct 19, 2017
  10. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    Microsoft Accounts, Security Proofs, and YOU!

Follow that link to change your email however be careful because signing. In here with the new email.will create an new account

And then you will be stuck.with the 30 day limitation

ngocphi, Oct 19, 2017
  11. TristanLapin
    TristanLapin Guest
    But the option in "Security" to change the email account doesn't exist. I mean that's why I'm here

12. Here is the official steps to change the email address on your Microsoft Account. If you're having issues with it, our chat/phone
    team can assist, but as Bowski477 stated, you'll need to create a new Microsoft Account/Xbox Account in order to have the opportunity to create a new Gamertag for free.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.

Mister Mascot, Nov 1, 2018
  13. ngocphi Win User

can't delete an account or get a free name change

Deleting the Xbox live account doesn't do what you think it does

It will still exist in cloud

Also you can't reuse the same profile with another gamertag

Haven't your heard the wise words earn your keep?

Common man name changes are a privilege there is only one console.that even allows name changes you should feel fortunate
  14. bowski477 Win User

Accounts cannot be deleted. Every account is given a 1 free GT change on account creation only if you are given an autogenerated GT. After that the only way to change a GT would be to create a new account or pay the fee. Sorry.
  15. Mister Mascot Win User

But the option in "Security" to change the email account doesn't exist. I mean that's why I'm here
    Here is the official steps to change the email address on your Microsoft Account. If you're having issues with it, our chat/phone
    team can assist, but as Bowski477 stated, you'll need to create a new Microsoft Account/Xbox Account in order to have the opportunity to create a new Gamertag for free.

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  16. ngocphi Win User

SO there isn't any way to delete this account from my email or change the Xbox account to another microsoft account ? So i could use my email to link a new one ?
    nope you do realize this is the internet right ?

You don't control yiur data

It is.permantly on the internet.

You can change your account but it would probably be a lot easier for you to create a new profile
  17. ngocphi Win User

why not create a new prifile

And then use another account you do.realize you can change your ms account but you would still need to create a new accounr

This means all your achievements or game saves won't transfer over

Why not use common sense ?
Thema:

1. Free Gamertag Change or Account supression - Similar Threads - Free Gamertag Change

2. Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can microsoft make exceptions for only being able to change the gamertag once for free?: The gamer tag I have includes my previous name, one that I don't identify with anymore, and I was wondering if I'd be able to make some kind of request to get my gamer tag changed to something I'm...
  3. why am I not receiving my free gamertag changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    why am I not receiving my free gamertag changes: My friends say there getting free gamertage changes but I'm not 2cb7f9bd-e9c4-47e2-a1a3-26aa0a568f2a
  4. Somebody used my free gamertag change without my knowledge.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody used my free gamertag change without my knowledge.: I was trying to play Minecraft when it told me to pick a username even though I already had done before, but then I noticed my gamertag in the top left corner. It was different, so I tried to...
  5. can i still have a free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore?

in XBoX Accessibility
    can i still have a free gamertag change or does that not exist anymore?: i got my xbox last year in december and have had the same username ever since. when i tried to change my username, it was going to charge me even though i havent used my free one yet. can i still...
  6. Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I...: I've had my Xbox profile for 3 years now and I recently wanted to change my gamertag and I know it was free but I never used the free one. 7794467d-3067-4082-99ff-191e8faff332
  7. Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bug report: gamertag can be change without asking for password or pin if it's free: This is a bug report on gamertag change without authorization. My first years old changed my 10+ year single word gamertag, without knowing my password or pin, and with limited reading...
  8. xbox gamertag free name change

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox gamertag free name change: Please let me reset my gamertag back to what it was before i accidentally changed it, the one i have currently isn't the one that i wanted, i was just testing names and pressed the wrong button...
  9. Free GamerTag Changes and Automatically Assigned Numbers

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free GamerTag Changes and Automatically Assigned Numbers: My experience with the gamertag system has been very convoluted and left me unable to change my gamertag to what I initially pick. Back in 2019, when the MCC came out, I made an account, and was...
  10. Gamertag free change was wasted

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag free change was wasted: I changed my generic gamertag into my own unique one. It showed availability but in reality my gamertag was changed into an unintended one. I used "" which showed that it would have a number on it...