Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED

Discus and support Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, before I get started I would like to apologize in advance for my apparent frustration as I have been trying to work on this issue for weeks now... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by PrettyFoal77627, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED

Hello, before I get started I would like to apologize in advance for my apparent frustration as I have been trying to work on this issue for weeks now to no avail. A month or so ago, my gamertag was taken from me and deemed inappropriate. It was "Sweaty
    Saac". Sweaty as another term for tryhard and Saac because my name is Isaac. Yes, I do see how it can be thought of as "inappropriate" however, that was not my intentions. At first, I wasn't even upset. I simply went to change the gamertag that they had given
    me since I had heard that you are granted a free change after this occurs. Here is where my frustration began. Upon selecting a new gamertag, I was told to enter my payment info as I would be charged $10 again. After this, I went to appeal the enforcement
    since I didn't want to spend the money at that time. Upon starting the appeal process, I filled out a questionnaire but was taken by surprise when I cam upon a questionsomewhere along the lines of (True/False) "if your gamertag
    is removed by the enforcement team and you are given a replacement, you are entitled to a free change afterwards." Since this was literally the situation that I was in, and I was DENIED the free change I selected false and clicked submit. To my immediate surprise,
    I got the question WRONG and had to wait a day to appeal again. Now, wait a minute. Does this mean that the standard rules do not apply to me? If so, WHY? With this in mind, I contacted the xbox text chat support team and was met with yet another obstacle.
    Upon explaining the situation to the lady behind the screen, she threatened to ban me for asking for a free gamertag change. (attachment included) As you can see, she also says that someone in my situation does get a free change although she didn't believe
    me or whatever her reasoning for the threat was. Needless to say, the conversation was a waste of my time and nothing was accomplished from this and since she pointed me to the enforcement team, all I could do was wait a day and try again for the appeal to
    hopefully find an answer. After waiting a while, I was messaged back by the enforcement team. (attachment included) The person proceeds to tell me that the rule that says I would be entitled to a free change of gamertag after the removal of my old one is an
    old rule and no longer applies. !?!?! If that's the case then why did two official xbox sources tell me the exact opposite?!? After feeling completely trampled on by the people at Microsoft I cannot in good conscience give them even more money after years
    and years of gold memberships, even if I wasn't consistently playing any games AND having already paid for gamertag changes in the past. I don't even know what single question to ask here, I simply want answers as to why I am apparently an exception to their
    own rules. THANK YOU.
    Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED [​IMG]

Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED [​IMG]

:)

PrettyFoal77627, Jan 5, 2019
  2. PrettyFoal77627 Win User

Well then they need get their stuff together and make sure everything says the same thing because the site/people are contradicting each other and it is very unprofessional to say the least. Especially when their consumer base is as astronomically large
    as it is.
  3. PrettyFoal77627 Win User

I understand that, and it is not at all the issue. The issue was the question itself. Which i will say again; asked if a gamertag has been taken away, do you get a free gamertag change after? I said no, the correct answer was yes. That completely contradicts
    the "actual rules."
  4. PrettyFoal77627 Win User

I didn't make this post because i thought that it would make it easy for me to get a change. It's about the principal of the matter at this point.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

When you fail the questionnaire you have to wait 24 hrs and try again.

Meanwhile if you have suggestions or opinions on how to better the service: https://xboxideas.uservoice.com/
  6. PrettyFoal77627 Win User

If you change the rules with your services and this effects the previously agreed upon Code of Conduct, then that information should be changed everywhere that it applies. The appeal questionnaire should not be going against what most of the Microsoft
    employees that I have been in contact with except the ones that are in contact with consumers on a regular basis. This is an absurd way to conduct business and is nowhere near how you keep your customers happy.
Thema:

1. Free Gamertag change after enforcement bans previous, DENIED - Similar Threads - Free Gamertag change

2. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  3. free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    free gamertag change: I was told that i Can change my gamertag first time for free. I Haven't ever changed my GT, and I either cant find the option to change it free, or i Don't get one. Please help, thank you,” we...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  5. How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free: My brother changed my gamertag to something cringy on Xbox, and I can't get it back to the old gamertag, what do I do? My old one was Itspapersteve. b1164177-dfcc-4770-b03e-61aebfac6528
  6. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  7. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  8. If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...: Hello. I was wondering if you had to pay the $10 fee to change your gamertag back to the original one that I started with. Please let me know if you have an answer....
  9. Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?: So i wanted to change my Xbox Gamertag and i looked it up and many people are saying i can Change it for Free for the First time, i never Changed my Gamertag since i Created the Account but it...
  10. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282