Fraudulent Charges

Discus and support Fraudulent Charges in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Why did xbox charge my bank account? I do not play video games and believe I am a victim of fraud or identity theft, but xbox doesn't have a live... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Garrett-Kevin K, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Fraudulent Charges

Why did xbox charge my bank account? I do not play video games and believe I am a victim of fraud or identity theft, but xbox doesn't have a live person that I can talk to on weekend nights.

HELP !

PLEASE HELP!

:)

Garrett-Kevin K, Dec 4, 2022
  2. SUPERSOAKERx69 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If in fact it is fraud you most DEFINITELY want to file this with your bank. Even if MS could give you a refund (which they can't) IT IS STILL FRAUD. You should file with your bank as soon as possible. I would also suggest putting more layers of security
    on your card.

But if your credit card number was stolen, but not the actual card,
    you are not liable at all for unauthorized use; any fraudulent credit charges are usually credited back to your account immediately after THEY ARE REPORTED to YOUR BANK.

So do yourself a favor and protect yourself by call or filing a report with your bank.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

If its fraud, you're not going to get a refund.

If someone else used your card at walmart and then you show up later at walmart saying give me my money back , same result. No money given.

Your card, you and your banks responsibility when there's fraud. It's up to the bank to deal with the fraud investigation
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

FRAUDULENT CHARGES

The person that used your card would not get away with it part of the fraud process through your bank would be what is called a chargeback basically MS will take away the licenses to the purchases that were made if they were games or DLC or whatever and
    MS will see this as Marketplace theft and permanently ban ANY account that those purchases were made on.

As far as the credit card information even if they could find an account with the card on it currently unless you could verify ownership of the account by getting a verification code sent to any phone or email on the account they would not be able to tell
    you anything about the account. And you would still need to file a fraud claim with your bank.

Think about it this way if someone were to get your card information and go online and make purchases say at any online retailer even if you contact that retailer and try and get information about the transaction for privacy purposes they would not be able
    to give you any information about that account that made the purchases and would tell you that you would need to file a fraud claim with your bank.
  5. Ryu Hayabusa KT Win User

Fraudulent Charges

Hello, sorry for your problem. I advise you to contact your bank to appeal. For Microsoft contact support: https://support.xbox.com/
    Send them a COPY of the response you got from Paypal.
    Hoping that you will be reimbursed. Also remember to change your Microsoft and Paypal passwords regularly to preventthis from happening again.

cordially
    Ryu

6. sheanash Win User

Fraudulent Charges

But Microsoft redeemed the gift cards to someone's account! That someone is the thief. The person getting the giftcards does not know my credit card information, Microsoft has this, likely all they had was my password. I changed my password and downloaded
    the Microsoft authenticator app to my phone, but literally someone redeemed this specific gift cards to their specific xbox account THAT MICROSOFT KNOWS! It shouldn't require anything but some button pushing to track them down.
Thema:

Fraudulent Charges

1. Fraudulent Charges - Similar Threads - Fraudulent Charges

2. I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...: I have over $600 in fraudulent activity on my bank card and need to know how to get it resolved. With a real person. Please. 59ea796f-bca2-4748-b682-b778d20fa2c0
  3. Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account?: I have received 2 charges on my Natwest current account today from Microsoft Xbox that I do not recognise. My card is not linked to either of my microsoft accounts to allow for the purchase of...
  4. Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?: Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted Microsoft customer service and connected with an...
  5. Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...

in XBoX on Windows
    Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...: Going through customer support on the Microsoft website has me talk to an Indian person for a couple minutes, then they transfer me to their "Xbox department" which means sending me into hour long...
  6. How can I speak with a human being about fraudulent transactions on an Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I speak with a human being about fraudulent transactions on an Xbox Account: I have been trying for weeks to get someone to help me with a refund request for fraudulent transactions on an Xbox. I have been repeatedly told that the refund department does not have...
  7. how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?: My account was hacked and now my son has $300 worth of fraudulent charges on his debit card. its impossible to get into contact with anyone that can help resolve this issue....
  8. Fraudulent purchases.. how do I get my money back??

in XBoX on Windows
    Fraudulent purchases.. how do I get my money back??: Several fraudulent purchases made on my account. Any idea on how to get my money back? Or talk to a live English speaking customer service representative.?? 99b345fa-1bd7-41a9-98fc-f30bb96fe9d6
  9. How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?: How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent? 134c2de0-c147-44dc-b605-e43c67fb9bcf
  10. Fraudulent charges

in XBoX on Windows
    Fraudulent charges: I was charged $197 in a matter of minutes on my debit card and it was not purchases from my account wich I have no purchases and my sons account since 4/23. I have not been able to get help on...