Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase...

Discus and support Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have checked my Microsoft account but have no games showing as purchased, priced at £49.99 but my bank statement shows this charge. I do have my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Callum Sambrooks, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase...

I have checked my Microsoft account but have no games showing as purchased, priced at £49.99 but my bank statement shows this charge. I do have my Xbox subscription and a game I purchased yesterday showing which is correct. How do I find out who made this £49.99 purchase what it is for? How do I go about getting my money back.

:)

Callum Sambrooks, Feb 11, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase and get my money back.

Hi, Callum. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I'm sorry about what happened, what you can do here is to check each account' downloaded on your console and check each account's order history.

You can only request a refund using this link if you have access to the account that has the charge, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-a-....

If all of your account doesn't have the charge, it would be best to file a dispute with your bank to get this refunded.
  3. Shaggy2000 Win User

automatic subtraction from mastercard without any notice

The other thing to do is to sign into your Xbox Live account on a PC, then click on "Services and Subscriptions" from there you'll be able to find an option called "Purchase History".

If you click on that you'll be able to find out exactly what was purchased and hopefully be able to find out if it was your son buying Fifa coins (they can be really expensive) or possibly fraudulent activity.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Hoping for any help from any ambassador or rep who can make my suspension due to me being hacked quicker!!

call support that is your only option and yes it can take weeks not mins for paypal investigations

i said upto 92 days and yes it is on paypals OFFICAL faq on disputes

there is a difference between unauthorized access and fraudulant purchases

and yes there is 2 investigations

fraudulant purchases is purchases not unauthorized access not made by you on your account

unauthorized access means all actions taken on the account is investigated not just purchases

it is not an investigation of you

it is an investigation of the account and all actions while the account was compromised this includes msgs and modifications of the account including banable offences and fraudulant transactions and which ones you actually made
  5. Darth1337 Win User

Accout Lock/Risk Block

I suggest making a new thread, but a Risk Block is a security precaution that Microsoft would place on an account to stop fraudulent charges from being made. This has nothing to do with your credit.
  6. Knowitall(2) Win User

My account is basically on Lock over a promotion that MICROSOFT themselves had.

Support gave you an accurate explanation, and while the situation may seem frustrating, one should consider this a "good thing."

Allow me to elaborate a bit. I experienced the same issue several years ago after buying a 1400 MSP card on a Monday, then a 2800 MSP card on Wednesday and then after receiving my paycheck on the Thursday, another 1400 MSP card. This set off a "flag" somewhere
    that fraudulent activity may have been taking place on my account and my account was "locked" just as yours has been. While it was an inconvenience, as I was unable to purchase anything or have access to any of my DLC, it was, upon further reflection, something
    I ended up appreciating as it showed me that Microsoft is doing everything they can to protect me and my account from others that would do it harm.

My account was "locked" for approximately 10-14 days and returned to normal after it was determined that there was in fact nothing out of the ordinary and no fraudulent activity taking place.

So, if you're not doing anything that you shouldn't be doing, you have nothing to worry about and should get your account back soon.
Thema:

Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase...

1. Fraudulent activity has taken place on my account. How do I find out who made this purchase... - Similar Threads - Fraudulent activity has

2. I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have fraudulent activity on a credit card. I need to know how to report it and how to...: I have over $600 in fraudulent activity on my bank card and need to know how to get it resolved. With a real person. Please. 59ea796f-bca2-4748-b682-b778d20fa2c0
  3. Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Who do I contact about fraudulent Xbox charges from my bank account?: I have received 2 charges on my Natwest current account today from Microsoft Xbox that I do not recognise. My card is not linked to either of my microsoft accounts to allow for the purchase of...
  4. Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?

in XBoX on Windows
    Asking for refund for fraudulently charge, discrimination or lack of capabilities?: Hello, I found out on the evening of December 16th that my account was fraudulently charged on the morning of the 16th. So, I immediately contacted Microsoft customer service and connected with an...
  5. Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...

in XBoX on Windows
    Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...: Going through customer support on the Microsoft website has me talk to an Indian person for a couple minutes, then they transfer me to their "Xbox department" which means sending me into hour long...
  6. How can I speak with a human being about fraudulent transactions on an Xbox Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I speak with a human being about fraudulent transactions on an Xbox Account: I have been trying for weeks to get someone to help me with a refund request for fraudulent transactions on an Xbox. I have been repeatedly told that the refund department does not have...
  7. how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how to resolve $300 in fraudulent charges on my sons checking account?: My account was hacked and now my son has $300 worth of fraudulent charges on his debit card. its impossible to get into contact with anyone that can help resolve this issue....
  8. Fraudulent purchases.. how do I get my money back??

in XBoX on Windows
    Fraudulent purchases.. how do I get my money back??: Several fraudulent purchases made on my account. Any idea on how to get my money back? Or talk to a live English speaking customer service representative.?? 99b345fa-1bd7-41a9-98fc-f30bb96fe9d6
  9. How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent?: How do you get ahold of someone regarding xbox charges that are fraudulent? 134c2de0-c147-44dc-b605-e43c67fb9bcf
  10. How can I get someone from microsoft to contact me about fraudulent payments linked to my...

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get someone from microsoft to contact me about fraudulent payments linked to my...: I,ve tried chatting with the support chat. Filled out and submitted questions about whats happening. I cant get intouch with anybody. It says to contact bank. Its being made from my paypal and...