FPS / window full screen mode Problems on PC

Discus and support FPS / window full screen mode Problems on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Was playing a game in full screen mode and getting 60+ FPS. When I would tab out the game it would take a few seconds to switch to another application.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jonaa369A, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Jonaa369A
    Jonaa369A Guest

Was playing a game in full screen mode and getting 60+ FPS. When I would tab out the game it would take a few seconds to switch to another application. I switched to windowed full screen and my FPS dropped to 25-30. I switched back to full screen and fps is still at 25-30 fps and when I switch tabs it is as if I am in windowed full screen still as there is no pause when switching applications. How can I fix this?

:)

Jonaa369A, Aug 19, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, and what about the game itself. Any update?

By the way, what game is? And, could you try testing with a different game? (But similar in hardware requirements)

In the meantime let's try something simple:

Open Task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there. Restart your PC and give it a new try

------

In case a recent windows update is the one causing the issue, please uninstall each one and test every time you delete one

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...

**Don't forget to turn off automatic updates temporarily
  3. Jonaa369A Win User

Windows 10

started about a week ago. graphics driver update but after the event started happening. No other hardware updates.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. i verified integrity of game files in steam. I changed some settings in nvidia control panel. Just now I reset my graphics card and I am back up to 35-45 fps now so a little better but not where it was.

again, it started happening when I switched from full screen to windowed full screen. I switched back to full screen but when I tab out of game it is acting as if it is still in windowed full screen.

thank you for your reply and attempts to help me.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Jonaa369a

In order to assist you properly please answer the following questions :

Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    When this started happening?
    Do you know if your windows system or any hardware component received recently an update?

And, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  5. ThePurpleMario Win User

Minecraft FPS Stuck At 60 While I'm At Full Screen (Not Happening In Older Windows Versions)

My problem is with Minecraft. In windowed mode, my FPS is crazy, above 200.

But while in fullscreen (Even windowed full screen), my FPS caps at 60, even with Optifine.

I had to ask here, because this is a problem with Windows 10. I'm running 10 Home 1909, the latest release. That doesn't happen with Minecraft Windows 10. Is Microsoft trying to find a way to pull users to Bedrock?

I would appreciate your help :)
  6. Roadkill ooops Win User

Cant use mouse on windows 10 games

Sounds like you are playing window mode vs full screen. There are multiple video modes depending on games. Windowed, window full screen and full screen. Do you have the same issue if you switch modes?
Thema:

1. FPS / window full screen mode Problems on PC - Similar Threads - FPS window full

2. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  3. All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor)

in XBoX on Consoles
    All games are with the fps locked at 75 (my refresh rate monitor): Hi. So, i recently installed Windows 11 (22H3) and all the games fps are locked at 75 (my monitor refresh rate). I already disabled fullscreen optimizations, Game DVR its also disabled, v-sync is...
  4. Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.

in XBoX on Windows
    Getting capped at 60 fps in Fullscreen and getting uncapped fps in windowed mode.: After I updated my laptop (HP VIctus 15) when I opened my games I was capped at 60 fps when I was in full screen. But when I was using windowed mode it would get uncapped. I have a 144 hz display...
  5. I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I always detect a ping spike or something while playing FPS games. What's the problem? I...: I wannt to ask if there are some ways to fix this. 2fb0ffc0-ecdd-48a1-9290-bc94a26c4c47
  6. 60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    60FPS+ - Is it the same thing as FPS Boost for Xbox Series X/S?: Hi, so I know what FPS Boost means for Xbox Series X/S already, but I notice on some games the cababilities say something called "60FPS+", is that the same thing or not? If it is the same thing...
  7. How to fix controller affecting fps.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to fix controller affecting fps.: Ive connected my xbox controller to my pc. After playing games with it for a while starts to effect my fps to the point of it being unplayable. In order to stop this i have to turn off and back on...
  8. How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my Xbox one Controller significantly deceasing my fps the longer i have it...: I had like 200+ fps on both keyboard and controller. After a major update in the game on controller my fps is like 40-30 but on keyboard in the same update as soon as i touch my keyboard I get 165...
  9. Fps stutters after clean intallation of windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fps stutters after clean intallation of windows 11.: Hello, I've come across a problem where I did a clean installation of Windows 11 and once I've set it up as it was before, my game performance dropped. All the same games I've played got lag...
  10. Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Store Apps isn't running at a high FPS: Hello, I am using Windows 10 since 2016 and I always tried to use Windows Store's apps so I can get the best support for my apps, like GeForce Experience, Xbox Game Bar, etc... But one thing I've...