Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag

Discus and support Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My gamertag on Xbox is and it has been since I made the account 15+ years ago. I've gone to sign in today and I've found it's now HappyPup9650271.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by yeahBISH, Jan 28, 2023.

1. yeahBISH
    yeahBISH Guest

My gamertag on Xbox is and it has been since I made the account 15+ years ago.

I've gone to sign in today and I've found it's now HappyPup9650271.

I've tried changing it back to but I keep getting an error saying "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try another one".

I've changed my password (in case someone's hacked my account and changed my gamertag), but I don't know why I can't changed it back to what it was originally?

:)

yeahBISH, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello yeahBISH, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account.

Due to the new tag on your account I believe you've had a forced name change from the enforcement team. You should have received an email or message about this and may be able to see more information at https://enforcement.xbox.com
  3. KingPoszumz Win User

Gamertag "can't be accepted"?

The reason you can't change back is the gamertag you had before is 14 characters and the new limit is 12 with the gamertag change.
  4. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

5. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Transferring Gamertag

Gamertags can't be deleted. You could change your current gamertag to something else, then have another MS account and change it to the original gamertag. However, you would still be faced with paying the gamertag change fee for the original account which
    is what I believe you are wanting to avoid.
  6. MusicalCypress3 Win User

Went on Xbox live and now my 80+ hours of Borderlands 2 gone?

Husband had a thought...if I were to change my gamertag name to reflect my original xbox profile name, would that get my leveling back?
Thema:

1. Found my gamertag had changed - Can't change it back to original gamertag - Similar Threads - Found gamertag changed

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  4. No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems

in XBoX Accessibility
    No servers found, I have checked all the internet settings and found no problems: No servers found, checked all internet and found no problems c9e42432-e7f2-4a71-8fdf-1cdf5ee49744
  5. My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m...: My TV model isn’t found on Xbox tv set up it’s a Sony model number is KDL-32BX300 I’m trying to make it so I can turn on and off my tv and change the volume cf802024-8be3-4937-bce7-8b1e83730214
  6. Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox profile can only be found when people search my old gamertag instead of my current one: A friend wanted to add me on xbox and so I gave him my current gamertag which is . He said my profile wasn't showing, so I searched up my own gamertag and my profile didn't show up....
  7. Reporting a Xbox player for team killing, but gamertag not found

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reporting a Xbox player for team killing, but gamertag not found: I attempting to report a player that continued to Team Kill in a COD B04 match, but am having an issue. Their gamertag is not showing up when I type it in search. I have checked the spelling...
  8. Gamertag not found

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamertag not found: I need to change my gamertag from the automatically assigned gamertag. Support tells me that the GT I want was used on xbox 360 long ago and is no longer in the system. How do I get my gamertag?...
  9. Gamertag Release/Not Found

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Release/Not Found: I have been trying to get a Gamertag for years and years. for atleast the last few years when I search for it, it says 'not found spoke to a customer service agent who said it's In the hands of...
  10. Account Gamertag Found Offensive and Changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account Gamertag Found Offensive and Changed?: Hi Xbox Enforcement Team, Earlier today, My Gamertag was changed due to the fact that it was supposedly offensive. I do not see why it was offensive, and I would wish to have the gamertag that I...