Forza Horizon "open tray" error

Discus and support Forza Horizon "open tray" error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I wanted to play some Horizon a few days ago but I was greeted with an "open tray" error that wont even read the disc, every other game I have works... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Banna Slim, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Banna Slim
    Banna Slim Guest

So I wanted to play some Horizon a few days ago but I was greeted with an "open tray" error that wont even read the disc, every other game I have works just fine its just Horizon that gives the error. I chatted with MS about this 3 times and the best they
    could do is suggest the disc replacement. BUT in my own troubleshooting I have confirmed that this will not work on the old systems (I have an Elite and my friend has a Pro) but another friend has a new slim and it works just fine in that. So at this point
    I just want to see how many people have the same issue so I can go back to Microsoft and say this is an issue fix it

:)

Banna Slim, Dec 9, 2014
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    "Open Tray" Error

Hey Grimms - thanks for your post. I noticed that you said you've tried all of the support steps - can I just confirm it was these steps you've tried?

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Miss Portia, Dec 9, 2014
  3. GrimmsEnd
    GrimmsEnd Guest
    "Open Tray" Error

So my XBOX 360 Slim's warranty expired Sept 2011. I have never had a problem with it until now. 2 nights ago I was playing "Skyrim" when a friend came over and wanted to play "Dead Island" coop. I stopped playing the game a while ago because of the "corrupted
    data" glitch that was known for the game. Decided to try it again anyway and was delighted to see a new update available for the game. Whoo-Hoo...a fix hopefully. So I downloaded the update as well as a system update that I didn't have and rebooted my console. After
    restart my console wouldn't recognize the "Dead Island" disc in my tray, or any other disc now. What happened?..I'm completely stumped. I have followed all steps in the support section. I really find it hard to believe this to be a "wearing out drive".
    Its worked perfectly up until those two updates.

GrimmsEnd, Dec 9, 2014
  4. Forza Horizon "open tray" error

Out of curiosity, is this the Limited Edition or the regular? I'm having this issue with the Limited edition.

Brian the Gamer, May 29, 2017
  5. Brian the Gamer Win User

Out of curiosity, is this the Limited Edition or the regular? I'm having this issue with the Limited edition.
  6. Filipi.PS Win User

Erro ao abrir Forza Horizon 3 no computador

Hello, when i click to open my game Forza Horizon 3, it shows me the error: 0x803F8001.
  7. minghzhang Win User

Forza Horizon 5 starts the game and reports an error (0x800701b1). Reinstalling the game cannot be solved. Enter the game when the network is disconnected.

I reinstalled Forza Horizon 4 without any problems.Only Forza Horizon 5 will have an error.
  8. PhDPeddler Win User

Any good racing games out there?

Forza and Forza Horizon. If you like open world racing try Forza Horizon. If you like real tracks that are raced in real life then try Forza series.

Thanks,

Ped
  9. Trooper JD279 Win User

Xbox 360 Does Not Recognize Forza Horizon: LCE Disc

Thanks, but I had already read through that forum. They're experiencing a different issue where the game is stuck at the loading screen. I don't get that far. My 360 doesn't even know the disc is in the tray - it says "Open Tray" when I put it in.

Last night I disconnected my 360 from the internet, removed the HDD and all flash drives, attempted to start Forza Horizon: LCE and my 360 still didn't recognize the disc. This is really frustrating. Forza Horizon: LCE is the only game that does this. Every
    other 360 game disc I've tested works fine (picked up Splinter Cell: Blacklist yesterday and it works fine, too). So it can't be my 360.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon "open tray" error - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon open

2. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  3. FORZA HORIZON 5 NOT OPENING IF ITS OPENS CRASHES AFTER 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING. IT DOSENT LAG...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA HORIZON 5 NOT OPENING IF ITS OPENS CRASHES AFTER 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING. IT DOSENT LAG...: Hello, i got a new computer recently and i wanted to play some games from gamepass but they don't launch, mostly games with large file sizes, i've tried Craftopia which started working out of...
  4. I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...: I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt pop up for me. i reset my pc, signed in and out and nothing. if yk how to fix please help....
  5. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app: So, a few days ago i downloaded FH5 and everything was fine up until a few days later when i saw that FH5 was really lagging my pc so i decided to just play it on Xbox Cloud Gaming and i wish i...
  7. hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.: im over 18 and i have put all the privacy setting to the neeeded option. the online only works if i go to the settings an apply them. then i quit forza and restart it so them work again....
  8. My xbox don' t open forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox don' t open forza horizon 5: My xbox doesn't open FH5 and crush. ffc1be35-52f9-4924-8f36-f984072be296
  9. Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5: Hello, I am still waiting for your response, in re Horizon 5 on an Xbox one.. I cannot open my settings/accessibility feature, at all. This is despite watching many videos and reading about...
  10. I need help with an error that occurs whenever I try to open forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with an error that occurs whenever I try to open forza horizon 5: the error code is (0x80070002). Whenever I try to launch forza horizon 5 it stops in the loading screen and says that something went wrong launching your game. please help...