Forza Horizon 5 wont let me install on a different drive, other games will.

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 wont let me install on a different drive, other games will. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im trying to install FH5 on my new drive with lots of space (1tb) and when I click install it wont let me change to the new one, just stays on my old... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OliverWinter1, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Forza Horizon 5 wont let me install on a different drive, other games will.

Im trying to install FH5 on my new drive with lots of space (1tb) and when I click install it wont let me change to the new one, just stays on my old drive (15gb left)

ive tried going into settings and selecting default install but still nothing. However, other games like Asphalt 9 allow me to choose the other drive. Please help I really want to play with my friends.

:)

OliverWinter1, Sep 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Oliver

May I know if that drive is already formatted as NTFS?

Please double check this opening File Explorer > My Computer > Right click on the drive > properties

I ask this due to most of the new Xbox app games has this requirement

Let me know
  3. OliverWinter1 Win User

No, its marked as exFAT? Never seen that before
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks, in this case you have 2 options:

1. Format the entire drive as NTFS (File explorer > My computer > right click on the drive > format)

2. Shrink the drive and create a new NTFS partition with the free space

If you want to know how to do this, check this article:

https://www.diskpart.com/articles/partition-ntf...

After that select the drive as where new content is saved:

Windows Settings > System > Storage > Advance storage options (only if you're on windows 11) > Where new content is saved > under apps select the drive

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  5. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
  6. TrueRepz Win User

Xbox App doesn't show any available drives when I attempt to download

I've done this at least 3 times and sadly it hasn't worked. What I noticed was some games from the Game Pass let me download for example I can download Forza Horizon 4, Astroneer, and a few others but games like Forza Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, and Outlast 2 won't let me download, the drives still don't show up. Any ideas on why some games the drives come up and some don't?
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 wont let me install on a different drive, other games will. - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon wont

2. Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 and Xbox controller wont sync on xbox app | WIN11 Pro: I know this is a known issue. And I tried so many things people said on the internet but nothing worked. I even let it run for over an hour but still didnt work. It synched on my 10 year old pc,...
  3. when i try to download Forza Horizon 5 it gets stuck and wont download/ freezez, it wont...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    when i try to download Forza Horizon 5 it gets stuck and wont download/ freezez, it wont...: when i try to download Forza Horizon 5 it gets stuck and wont download/ freezez, it wont even move to 1%. I have tried everything but nothing is working please help me!...
  4. Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app: So, a few days ago i downloaded FH5 and everything was fine up until a few days later when i saw that FH5 was really lagging my pc so i decided to just play it on Xbox Cloud Gaming and i wish i...
  5. Hello, could somebody help me? My forza horizon 5 wont update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could somebody help me? My forza horizon 5 wont update.: Whenever I try downloading forza Horizon 5 the download speed stays on 0B/S, it has nothing to do with my internet. Only the game/xbox launcher. Please, if anyone has a solution tell me. And...
  6. forza horizon 5 wont start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 wont start: hello so my fh5 istn starting anymore its just showing me the client window with sync data not even the sync data popup window i tried resetting it deinstalling it changing priorities and also...
  7. Why wont forza horizon. 4 Lauch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont forza horizon. 4 Lauch: Why wont forza horizon 4 launch on stat up 46dcaa68-6a9e-4961-b6da-1e0743add50f
  8. Forza Horizon 5 wont launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont launch: so forza wont launch or install into my pc from the Xbox app. I have gone through the install process maybe over ten times, then when I go to launch the game nothing happens. After that I will try...
  9. Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft store wont let me reinstall Forza Horizon 5 after having to uninstall it due to...: Hello, Its been more than 24h since my problem started and i hope someone can help me fix this. Two days ago I tried to play my game as usual, but while loading and showing the message...
  10. Forza horizon 5 wont launch anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 wont launch anymore.: Hello, fh5 was working a few months ago but now whenever I click "play" to launch fh5 it either says syncing data or launching game, and whenever it is done with any of them the small rectangle...