Forza Horizon 5 won't launch.

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 won't launch. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello I have bought FH5 a few days ago but it does not launch in any possible way, I have already tried uninstalling and following the common help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Kili533, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Kili533
    Kili533 Guest

Hello I have bought FH5 a few days ago but it does not launch in any possible way,

I have already tried uninstalling and following the common help article. My pc is also well capable of running the program. any help?

:)

Kili533, Jan 30, 2023
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this kind of problem, given the problem you're having before we try any different solutions, I suggest reading the article below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/errors/error-code-0x803F8001

- If official Microsoft solutions do not solve the problem, try the procedures below carefully.

Solution 1: Make sure your windows are updated to the latest version, whether it's windows 10 or 11.

Solution 2: Make sure that the account in the Microsoft Store app and Xbox app are the same logged in both.

Solution 3: Log out your Microsoft store account and also the Xbox app, now type the term WSRESET in the windows search bar and run the app as administrator, a window will open, wait for the window to close automatically and restart your computer, after that login your Microsoft Store account and Xbox app again.

Solution 4:

Go to Windows settings
    Applications
    Applications and Features
    Find the Minecraft Launcher
    Click on it
    Advanced options
    Tap restore

- If that doesn't work, do the same procedure again, but this version sees if there are add-ons like DLC's installed with the game, uninstall one of them, go to the Microsoft store and download the add-on that you deleted again, this will validate the license of the game again.

Solution 5: If there are no add-ons to uninstall the game, put to download any application from the Microsoft store, when starting to download it, let it finish and try to open the game again.

- If none of the above solutions solve the problem, I suggest you try the alternatives provided in the article below. These are not official solutions, so be careful.

https://www.minitool.com/news/windows-store-error-code-0x803f8001.html

- I also suggest that you try the solutions provided by the Microsoft agent through the thread below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-in-your/27936b7c-d4c6-471d-91fe-6f79c5ddbf7f

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community, I hope this can help you. Let me know if this solves your problem, please.
  3. LelandSmith4 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't launch

Okay so the only thing that's popping up for application logs at the time of an attempted launch is something to do with windows defender. "Updated Windows Defender status successfully to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON."

Update edit: After tying again it seems that error in event viewer isnt even related to the crash.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Do you still need help with this?
  5. LelandSmith4 Win User

I'm just deleting it and giving up. This has been going on for almost a week and nobody can fix it and I'm not about to do a factory reset over one game... Just really disappointing man I loved that game
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey LelandSmith4, how are you today? Hope you're well.

There are a few things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 won't launch. - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon won't

2. Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon won't work online? Weird issues in game?: Purchased an Xbox Xseries for Christmas. It was the for,a horizon edition. I also purchased a 3 month xbox gold card which I've read has actually been rebranded as "core pass"? Or something like...
  3. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...
  4. My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My series X won't recognize Forza Horizon 3 or Transformers Devastation both have perfect...: Both discs are perfect I'm the only owner and they work one my Xbox one no issue. But put them in the series X and I get nothing at all. Please help! 32e7c5ab-f975-43db-84cc-af08c862bd71
  5. Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 5 log me in on PC ?: Cant log into Forza Horizon 5. 0da386f2-07be-45a1-98d7-63de8e39c93e
  6. Forza Horizon 5 won't start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't start.: I have GamePass Ultimate. I have it on the main C drive, SSD. I press play on the XBOX app, nothing happens. I have it run on administrator on Windows 7 compatibility mode (and have tried Windows...
  7. Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update: Forza horizon 5 won't play after new update 53aa9a15-004c-420e-a9e7-a9ab3ffa0735
  8. Forza Horizon 5 won't load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't load: enever I select the game, it starts to load fine, but when it gets to the PG logo intro it freezes and after a while the screen goes blank and then after another minute it goes to the main video...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 won't boot

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't boot: I have tried almost anything and am willing to do whatever at this point. I have been trying for 4 to 5 months to play forza again, it works with cloud gaming, but when I boot it on my PC I get...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 won't launch (PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 won't launch (PC): downloaded and installed through the Xbox app, but launch page shows for a while then seems to crash. 6608404f-d5a7-4340-abdf-d84483b2707e