forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows

Discus and support forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi i have forza horizon 5 installed in other drive can i restore it after reinstalling windows without redownloading it ? its about 130~140 gb and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pedramdx, May 12, 2023.

1. Pedramdx
    Pedramdx Guest

hi

i have forza horizon 5 installed in other drive

can i restore it after reinstalling windows without redownloading it ?

its about 130~140 gb and kinda hurt to download it again

:)

Pedramdx, May 12, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Forza horizon 5 on drive D

Hello LatestJan, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Ok, if you are planning to reinstall Windows 11 and want to keep the Forza Horizon 5 installation on your D drive without having to download it again, there is an approach you can try. Be sure to back up your important files before making any changes to your system.

Back up the game installation folder Go to the location where Forza Horizon 5 is installed on your D drive and copy the entire game folder to a safe place. Typically, the default installation location for Microsoft Store games is "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps". Locate the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder within that location.

Perform the reinstallation of Windows 11 Follow the process to reinstall Windows 11 on your computer as you normally do. This will format your C drive and reinstall the operating system.

Once you have completed the reinstallation of Windows 11, go to the location where the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder was on your D drive and check if the folder is still present. In some cases, reinstalling Windows may have deleted the game installation folder.

If the Forza Horizon 5 installation folder is deleted during Windows reinstallation, you can copy the backup folder you made in step 1 back to the original location on your D drive.

Verify the integrity of the game After restoring the game installation folder, launch the Xbox or Microsoft Store app and verify the integrity of the game. This will allow the application to detect existing game files and perform any necessary repairs or updates.

Best regards.
  3. Filip Kurina Win User

I can not start the Forza Horizon 5

I tried to update graphic driver, I tried to update windows, reinstall Forza Horizon 5, verify the game
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Forza 5 vlink on PC

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef. I'm a Xbox Gamer and a Xbox user like you.

I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Buddy could you try this to see if the issue persist on Forza Horizon 5:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app and Forza Horizon app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore (restore only for Xbox app), open the app and try again.

If the issue persist, click on restore for Forza horizon 5 app
  5. DominicVollmer Win User

FH5 crashes on launch with the error code 0x800701b1

here the same, Fehlercode: (0x800701b1)

steps if tried,

reinstall xbox app,

reinstall forza horizon 5 completely

install all windows update

game still is not working.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I have a game that is Unistalled called forza Horizon 5 but its still here?

And you're not able to see it too after opening Windows settings > apps and features and look for Forza Horizon 5?

Also, not in the Xbox app?

If that's the case, could you try reinstalling it via Xbox app to see if the process starts?
Thema:

1. forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - forza horizon restore

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  4. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  5. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  6. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  7. I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...: Is there any way of me trying to fix this problem. It’s not a hardware issue at all it’s a brand new series X console. a0ee6023-059f-4c37-8e25-79060bed293c
  8. Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.: Forza Ban History Page get stuck on F (forza) logo.. Please Help. I have tried different browsers and devices.. no luck. 6b602935-0432-4abf-af67-8e247a516a69
  9. i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download...: i have purchase gamepass core, however i cant download forza horizon 4 but i can download halo 5. it says it is on the core catalogue- What’s the reason? 4bc4cbc0-f1f7-4e23-87f8-c8e107b919ea
  10. Forza horizon 5 don't lunch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 don't lunch: Just downloaded forza horizon 5 with game pass, when I lunch the game I get "Game as bean blocked Error code : (0xc000001d" already play few years back and I've used Cheat Engine (Give you...