Forza Horizon 5 Refuses to install through Xbox App

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 Refuses to install through Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 for the past 2 months through the Xbox app on PC. Every single other game I've downloaded through it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GuccJiit, Dec 17, 2021.

1. GuccJiit
    GuccJiit Guest

I've been trying to download Forza Horizon 5 for the past 2 months through the Xbox app on PC. Every single other game I've downloaded through it prompts me to select what drive to install on. It did not ask when installing FH5, but instead automatically selected my C: drive. No matter how many times I cancel the download and expunge my pc of any FH5 files, when I return to download it says "resume install" and keeps trying to download on my C: drive. I've gone into the advance storage setting to change where new content is downloaded and that doesn't work either so I went to take it up with Microsoft support. I was on a 15 minute call to be told what I already knew and transferred to a higher-up, only to be put on hold for 20 minutes then hung up on. VVTF

:)

GuccJiit, Dec 17, 2021
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Gucc welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Well, I suggest you try this:

Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

Open Accounts

Click Sign-in Options

Scroll down to Privacy

Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

Restart your PC!
  4. lvnleysoul69 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 gets stuck on preparing and then cancles - Windows 11

This is what helped me and got Forza to download.
    1. Go into the Microsoft Store and search Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition.
    2. Next you want to click on Forza Horizon 5 Standard Edition and you want to click Install from the Xbox app.
    3. This will take you to the Xbox app and when it takes you to the Forza game scroll down and look at the tab named "Included in this bundle" And click Forza Horizon 5.
    4. This should take you to the regular Forza Horizon 5 game rather than the Standard Edition, And then you want to click install and this should download the game.

Hope this helps have a good day!
  5. DAMIANMYRDA Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

No. When you go to the Forza Horizon 5 page. It says "Install from Xbox App"
  6. Mr. Dizz Win User

Not being able to use different accounts to play forza horizon 5 on pc

I've signed in on the new account and installed the xbox app and signed in on the other account on there and forza horizon 5 is not on the installed list
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 Refuses to install through Xbox App - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Refuses

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  6. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  7. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  8. Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 4 NAT restricted (i did everything possible) cant sync data stuck at 0%: 1. Teredo adapter: Typ : enterpriseclient (Group Policy) Servername : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com Clientaktual.-intervall : 30 Sekunden Clientport : unspecified (Group Policy) Status : qualified...
  9. I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I recently got Forza horizon 3 on disc, so I can play it on the Xbox series X but however...: Is there any way of me trying to fix this problem. It’s not a hardware issue at all it’s a brand new series X console. a0ee6023-059f-4c37-8e25-79060bed293c
  10. Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.: Forza Ban History Page get stuck on F (forza) logo.. Please Help. I have tried different browsers and devices.. no luck. 6b602935-0432-4abf-af67-8e247a516a69