Forza Horizon 5 opens Gaming services on Store when i try to launch

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 opens Gaming services on Store when i try to launch in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When i try to launch Forza Horizon 5 it opens Gaming services page on the microsoft store i have tried to update windows, fix game services, reinstall... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Thanos Shrek, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Thanos Shrek
    Thanos Shrek New Member

When i try to launch Forza Horizon 5 it opens Gaming services page on the microsoft store i have tried to update windows, fix game services, reinstall game services using both regedit and powershell and reinstalling the xbox app. i have the game through xbox game pass but also have the premium add on bundle. this is the only game that won't launch as i have tried other games i have purchased and other game pass games. pls help

Thanos Shrek, Nov 13, 2021
  2. Sjonnick Win User

if i open forza horizon 5 i get send to the microsoft store at game services

I did everything what you said and i still get send to the gameservices microsoft store page when i open forza horizon 5 and only forza horizon 5
  3. atomgray88 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 and Microsoft Store Gaming Services

Hi Josef! Yes, I have successfully uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services through windows Powershell, but to no avail.

At the moment yes, Forza Horizon 5 is the only game that opens the Microsoft store gaming services page.
  4. PunishedDad Win User

Games downloaded via game pass wont open(PC)

I had the same issue with trying to open Forza Horizon 5 from game pass, would open the microsoft store to the "gaming services" page just to tell me it's already installed. Tried multiple reboots an reinstalling the xbox app. Tried the "repair" and "reset" buttons in the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 and after a reboot the xbox app won't even recognize the game is installed, asks me to install it again and then returns an error when I try (Error code: 0x00000001)
    When I try to open the app settings for Forza Horizon 5 from the start menu now it just leads to the generic apps window and doesn't locate FH5 at all.

so like what I just have > 100gig of dead space on my SSD now? nice

edit: I updated windows and tried installing FH5 to a different drive, it downloaded like 100mb of data and then recognized the game and let me open it from my SSD again. weird but ok
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

forza horizon 5 gaming services problem

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey EddieÖsterberg, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Try to restart your PC, open the MS store, look for the gaming services, download it and install. After it, restart your PC once again, then, launch Forza Horizon 5. :)
  6. WayuRagwongsiri Win User

I have Error: 0x8007042b when launch Flight Simulation and Forza Horizon 5 via PC game pass.

I have this error when I try to launch Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator. Launch Xbox app is fine.

This issue start at first time launch. I never play Forza and flight sim in my life.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 opens Gaming services on Store when i try to launch - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon opens

2. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  3. FORZA HORIZON 5 NOT OPENING IF ITS OPENS CRASHES AFTER 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING. IT DOSENT LAG...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA HORIZON 5 NOT OPENING IF ITS OPENS CRASHES AFTER 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING. IT DOSENT LAG...: Hello, i got a new computer recently and i wanted to play some games from gamepass but they don't launch, mostly games with large file sizes, i've tried Craftopia which started working out of...
  4. I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt...: I want to lfg forza horizon 5, but when i open game bar, widget the lfg. the game doesnt pop up for me. i reset my pc, signed in and out and nothing. if yk how to fix please help....
  5. Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Forza Horizon 4 open even though I own the disc?: I own the physical DVD for the Forza Horizon 4 game but do not have an Xbox Live subscription, so every time I try to play the game on my Xbox One, it won't even open, giving me an error and...
  6. Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 wont open on pc xbox app: So, a few days ago i downloaded FH5 and everything was fine up until a few days later when i saw that FH5 was really lagging my pc so i decided to just play it on Xbox Cloud Gaming and i wish i...
  7. hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi! every time i open forza horizon 5 my online and auction house and all that are restricted.: im over 18 and i have put all the privacy setting to the neeeded option. the online only works if i go to the settings an apply them. then i quit forza and restart it so them work again....
  8. My xbox don' t open forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox don' t open forza horizon 5: My xbox doesn't open FH5 and crush. ffc1be35-52f9-4924-8f36-f984072be296
  9. Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot open Options on Forza Horizon 5: Hello, I am still waiting for your response, in re Horizon 5 on an Xbox one.. I cannot open my settings/accessibility feature, at all. This is despite watching many videos and reading about...
  10. I need help with an error that occurs whenever I try to open forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with an error that occurs whenever I try to open forza horizon 5: the error code is (0x80070002). Whenever I try to launch forza horizon 5 it stops in the loading screen and says that something went wrong launching your game. please help...