Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer doesn't work without using VPN

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer doesn't work without using VPN in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I recently started playing Forza Horizon 5 (steam version). I quickly discovered that Horizon Life (multiplayer) does not work for me. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alradas1, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Alradas1
    Alradas1 Guest

Hello,

I recently started playing Forza Horizon 5 (steam version). I quickly discovered that Horizon Life (multiplayer) does not work for me. I tried everything I found on youtube, forums, etc. and nothing worked.

Yesterday I discovered that if I use VPN I can normally play the game as well as multiplayer. I tried connecting to bunch of different servers with VPN and multiplayer always worked, so as long as I'm using VPN I can normally play the game. So this works as a temporarily solution.

I would be glad if I could find a solution for this, because it would be much easier to not need to turn on VPN every time I want to play the game.

Also, I want to mention, that I only have this multiplayer issue with Forza Horizon 5. I can play any other game normally without using VPN.

:)

Alradas1, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Alradas, this usually happens because your IP is with some restriction, blocking your connection to the servers.

In almost all cases, this solution is perfectly effective in this case.

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help
  3. minghzhang Win User

Forza Horizon 5 starts the game and reports an error (0x800701b1). Reinstalling the game cannot be solved. Enter the game when the network is disconnected.

I reinstalled Forza Horizon 4 without any problems.Only Forza Horizon 5 will have an error.
  4. Kathy A. Win User

0x87e0000f error for Forza Horizion 5 on win 11 PC

Hello Sherwyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you have shared the troubleshooting you have already performed for the installation of Forza Horizon 5. All those steps you have performed are our recommendations here. We notice there are issues with the installation for Forza Horizon 5 recently too which was isolated to Forza Horizon 5 alone. In connection to that, we suggest that you:

If issue persists, you may need to reach out to the game support for further assistance, please use this link: Submit a ticket

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

unable to play forza horizon 5 on gamepass pc game crashes as soon as i launch it same happens with f1

Thank you for the information.

You have mentioned that you are using college wifi for connection, although it worked with other games, is it possible to connect your Laptop device with a wired internet connection without the use of VPN and then reinstall the game Forza Horizon 5? As part of our troubleshooting steps.

It is possible that the files got corrupted during installation.

Note: We highly DO NOT recommend the use of VPN as it bypasses region restrictions and this would violate the terms of service.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  6. jeres8860 Win User

flickering at bottom of screen on new game pass 4 K games (Forza Horizon 5 & Halo Infinite)

Thanks! The weird thing is, this issue only happens with series x games. Forza horizon 4 looks perfect. It’s just the new multiplayer halo and Forza Horizon 5.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 multiplayer doesn't work without using VPN - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon multiplayer

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rewind on Forza Horizon 5 for PC using the G923: When i use the steering wheel G923 on Forza Horizon 5 for PC it says that i can use the y button to rewind but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging but it doesn’t work either. It’s...
  4. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  5. Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 5: I keep getting disconnected from Forza horizon 5 server and it's not my internet cause it's fine with every game part from Forza horizon 5 it's fine on Forza Horizon 4 also why does it...
  6. 0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services

in XboX Insiders
    0x80070002 Forza Horizon 5 Gaming Services: Hello, After installing the game it is playable but after a simple reboot I get the Gaming services pop up from Microsoft store and I am not able of launching the game. I have tried multiple...
  7. How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I get my progress back on Forza horizon 3 from my old Xbox to my new one: I would like to know how to get my old progress back in Forza horizon 3 on my new xbox 07ad889e-ef54-48fb-8667-58854f178dae
  8. problem with joining to forza horizon 4 multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with joining to forza horizon 4 multiplayer: Hello i recently bought the xbox game pass and we wanted to play with friends but i cannot join any multiplayer session, they dont have this problem. Could you simplify the reasoning why ? im not...
  9. Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work: when i press forza life it says online connection error 5a9e7987-15b2-498c-b74a-5c226f7d1ea4
  10. Forza Horizon 3 - Online Multiplayer

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon 3 - Online Multiplayer: Okay - so I bought FH3+4 Ultimate, a code and once entered the game, (Horizon 3) I noticed that you were able to download paints and use the auction house. But, I also noticed that you weren't...