Forza Horizon 5 keeps disconnecting from online

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 keeps disconnecting from online in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have bought Xbox Series X yesterday and downloaded the Forza Horizon 5. However, I cannot get the game to connect to online services. The moment I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AceXSX, Oct 28, 2022.

1. AceXSX
    AceXSX Guest

I have bought Xbox Series X yesterday and downloaded the Forza Horizon 5. However, I cannot get the game to connect to online services. The moment I choose online and for example select "Drift Session" or any other multiplayer game mode, the game cannot connect to the session.

I also get "You have been disconnected" messages from time to time when playing singleplayer.

All other games are working fine in multiplayer. I have game pass ultimate and access to Xbox Live.

I have enabled UpNP protocol on my router. I am using wired connection. My connection speed is around 568Mbps and NAT type is set to OPEN.

Please give me some tips on how to get this resolved as it is pretty absurd that we cannot access online and race with others.

:)

AceXSX, Oct 28, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi Giacomo Angeli,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are with Forza Horizon 5 wherein it keeps on disconnecting. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Was this working properly before?
    • When did the issue started?
    • Is this only happening with one specific game or other games are affected?
    Meanwhile, here are some steps we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Method 1: Follow the network troubleshooting guide below

Method 2: Uninstall/Reinstall Wifi Adapter

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand Network Adapters
    • Locate your Wireless Driver
    • Right Click on it then click on uninstall
    • Click Action on top
    • The click scan for hardware changes
    Method 3: Change network settings

• Open command prompt and run it as administrator
    • Run the commands below

[table][tr]
      netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
      [/tr][tr][td]
      netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
      [/td][/tr][tr][td]
      netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
      [/td][/tr][/table]
    • After running the command
    • Run another command below

[table][tr]
      netsh int tcp show global
      [/tr][/table]
    • The list should show all TCP Global Parameters are disabled except for Receive-Side Scaling State.
    Test you connection and see if the issue would still persist.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator
  3. Francia J. Win User

That's great to know. It means that it's your network connection. The steps I have provided earlier have you already tried that? Here you go:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Thank you so much for that. Since this is only happening with one game it is indeed odd. It would be best to reach out to Forza Support in that way they can guide if there are required ports to be OPEN for the game to connect to online multiplayer.
  6. Francia J. Win User

That would be great.

Thank you so much.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 keeps disconnecting from online - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon keeps

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  4. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  5. forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...: every time i open it just says that error code ec5500f7-f175-447d-b5dc-2bf85e33d953
  6. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...
  7. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  8. forza horizon 5 keeps crashing (error 0xc0000409)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 keeps crashing (error 0xc0000409): i try to open forza horizon 5 pc gamepass version and the game keeps crashing, the error code is 0xc0000409 the error log from event viewer Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version:...
  9. How can I install forza horizon 5 if it keeps saying "an error occurred on our end".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I install forza horizon 5 if it keeps saying "an error occurred on our end".: I'm on windows 11 and tried everything I could find everywhere and it still was stuck on 1% and then said "an error occurred on our end", it still doesn't want to download ,what can I do?...
  10. Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?: Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on Windows 11 at the first window with the error code 0x64. Tried multiple solutions, none seemed to work, I tried sfc, reinstalling the game, repairing my windows,...