Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on startup

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on startup in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title says my FH5 keeps crashing on startup, specifically the splash screen that pops up after it says "data synced". It gives me no error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tigress3346, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Tigress3346
    Tigress3346 Guest

As the title says my FH5 keeps crashing on startup, specifically the splash screen that pops up after it says "data synced".

It gives me no error code, it just shuts down.

I have tried reinstalling the game but it did not fix the problem.

I am trying to play the game through the Xbox app with the game pass.
    It worked great a couple of months ago, but since then I stopped my subscription, and now it won't start with my new sub.

I am playing on Windows 10.

If it helps I can post my pc specs and I'm up for trying almost anything that gets suggested.

Edit:

After looking the event viewer this error appears: 0xc0000005

and I also have two screenshots of the event logs:

https://gyazo.com/8346ade49bc358f6b8cd3536e35b5aed

https://gyazo.com/9fc1eed90e6bcc3132a22ea069e7e7f4

:)

Tigress3346, Dec 30, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup

Hello Tsukicchi,

We really appreciate for your time and effort.

Most game-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place. We have found link that might help you find the solution of your issue. FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Your concern is a known issue with Forza 5. Kindly check on the link the one we search below.

Crashes

• Crash - Crashes during free roam, tuning cars, applying upgrades due to memory issue causing loss of tunes, cars, or upgrades
    • Crash - Game may crash on launch for some players. Please see support article "My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC"
    • Crash - Game may crash with the error message "The memory could not be read" (Date Updated: 10.04.22)
    If still, the problem persists after this, we highly recommend submitting a ticket with them through this link. FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

We hope it worked out well for you now.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing at startup

Hello Tsukicchi,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. We will be glad to assist you with this. However, before we proceed, we would require some more information to assist you better.

1. Have you updated the system, drivers, game services to the latest version?
    2. Do you have error message? may we ask for the screenshot of it?
    3. Is it only happening on this game, any other games affected?
    4. What version of the Xbox app and Gaming services?

Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About
    5. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    Meanwhile kindly check if you have done these. (You may skip those you have already performed.)

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
      • Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:
        1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
        2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:
    Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

1. Wait for the process to finish.
    1. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    2. Sign into the Microsoft Store and please update all the Xbox apps by following this guide: Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
    You may also try visiting on this link: https://support.forzamotorsport.net...My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tigress3346,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Tigress3346,

We greatly appreciate your time.

What we could think of about game crashes are like how apps crash. Where, apps often crash because of incompatibility or outdated version/missing of either apps or system or related system files/data/processes, could be caused by any third-party software and/or app's add-ons (like DLC or mods for games). This is more likely near to the insight of why your game crashes, which we know you have tried to cease all those causes by performing both our suggested troubleshooting and the game's support article for suggestion.

Should you test out other games from Xbox Game Pass subscription as that would be part of our scope of support. If you get to the same error code: 0xc0000005. Then, this means your system is detecting an issue with more likely related to memory corruption or system issue. However, we are fully aware if this would happen to you, you could be doing some troubleshooting to get back to your game.

Troubleshooting:

You receive a "0xc0000005 Access violation" error message - Microsoft Support

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

You are welcome to try this game on a different computer and that might isolate you if this game is linked to another account or perhaps something to do with add-ons installed for the game or installed apps on the system. Overall, this should call on an investigation from the game support or developer team as this last sentence under Crash section on the Known Issues of the game is still not yet updated. We do believe you can greatly help the game support/developer team about this.

• Crash - PC - Some players are crashing on launch with no error message at startup after series 14 update (Date Updated: 11.22.22)
    Link: FH5 Known Issues – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Have a great day!

For any new concerns, you may create new thread using this link: Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,

6. Tigress3346 Win User

Hi Kathy

When opening a support ticket on the Forza Motorsport website I believe I picked the option "PC Launch Crash"

I will open a new ticket as a bug report and keep you updated.
    If you should get a new idea or come to think of a possible solution, that would be very welcome since paying for game pass while not being able to play the only game I want is becoming a bit annoying as I'm sure you can understand
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on startup - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon keeps

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  4. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  5. forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 file system error -2143322101 i keep having this error i been purchased the...: every time i open it just says that error code ec5500f7-f175-447d-b5dc-2bf85e33d953
  6. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...
  7. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  8. forza horizon 5 keeps crashing (error 0xc0000409)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 keeps crashing (error 0xc0000409): i try to open forza horizon 5 pc gamepass version and the game keeps crashing, the error code is 0xc0000409 the error log from event viewer Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version:...
  9. How can I install forza horizon 5 if it keeps saying "an error occurred on our end".

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I install forza horizon 5 if it keeps saying "an error occurred on our end".: I'm on windows 11 and tried everything I could find everywhere and it still was stuck on 1% and then said "an error occurred on our end", it still doesn't want to download ,what can I do?...
  10. Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?: Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on Windows 11 at the first window with the error code 0x64. Tried multiple solutions, none seemed to work, I tried sfc, reinstalling the game, repairing my windows,...