Forza Horizon 5 has to RE-download on xbox app PC

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 has to RE-download on xbox app PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, i have been playing forza horizon 5 for 2 weeks via the xbox app on pc with the game pass and the Premium DLC. Today i saw that there was an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WakaUE, Nov 18, 2021.

1. WakaUE
    WakaUE Guest

Hi, i have been playing forza horizon 5 for 2 weeks via the xbox app on pc with the game pass and the Premium DLC.

Today i saw that there was an udpate when i tried to start the game, i launch the update and get to my occupation.

I come back later to my computer and now i have to download the whole 102GO of the game once more.

I got to say this is not the first problem i encounter with the xbox app or microsoft store, and the extent of research and troubleshooting needed to fix those is outrageous to say the least.

So, here is my question how can i stop losing game data, or stop the app from removing blindly all of the game data(if somehow a file is corrupted why isn't there an option to check files integrity just like in steam). I went ahead and checked in WindowsApps folder and now that the game started to redownload all of the data is all gone... I don't care that i don't "own" the full game you can not just take away written data off my harddrives (if it is legal, feel free to tell me btw and put me back to place).

:)

WakaUE, Nov 18, 2021
  2. Eletricdrum Win User

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Since it's a community forum, sometimes, we don't have a answer for your questions..

Please try to contact the Microsoft support:

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

I guess you'll find a answer for your issue..
  3. WakaUE Win User

OK, "you" believe ("you" not being microsoft as I understand it) it is a glitch

And "We" believe (we being the community I guess) it will probably get fixed.

Altho an apology is nice and you are going a nice PR Job, you are no way near the answer i'm waiting for, because "you" know it is a bug and "we" know for certain (not just probably) that the worst customer/gaming experience while playing microsoft games is to use the microsoft environement.

I don't want a PR answer i want technical help, people were reporting this in 2019...(on the xbox app, but i'm guessing it related to microsoft store too) and thats why I want a fix, for me and the other person who are we willing to get there hands dirty. Untill microsoft devs do their jobs and fix this "Major issue".
  4. K3koa Win User

Did any of these suggestions work? My Forza Horizon 5 just did the same thing. Said it had an update, then the update errored out, then somehow Forza was gone. Now it seems to be making me Re-Download all 100+GB of the game. What a PIA!
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey WakaUE, how are you today? Hope you're well.

I'm so sorry for this issue. Indeed, this issue happens with some other games on the Xbox app, we believe it's some glitch on the app, a lot of users reported this happening. :/

We believe this will probably get fix on future updates on the app. I'm so sorry, once again. :/
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 has to RE-download on xbox app PC - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon has

2. I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost all my Forza Horizon 5 progress from my console cloud save and it has been...: I had a cloud save for Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox Series X that I have been playing on since the game launched. Yesterday, I decided to download the Xbox App on PC and download Forza Horizon 5...
  3. My xbox has crashed 3 times in under 10 minutes while playing Forza Horizon 5.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox has crashed 3 times in under 10 minutes while playing Forza Horizon 5.: Hi. I've had a Xbox series S for almost 2 years now. And maybe 1 and a half years ago, Forza has started crashing frequently and randomly. I would be driving in the game and it would crash with no...
  4. My Xbox one s has saved in hot wheels of Forza horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one s has saved in hot wheels of Forza horizon 5: My Xbox one s has saved Forza horizon 5 in the hot wheels section, I have done a lot in that section but have gone back to Mexico section, I've completed races n stuff so should auto save like...
  5. Forza Horizon 5 has stopped working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 has stopped working: Hi! When launching Forza Horizon 5, I ran into a problem - a window appears, the content of which is as follows: "To continue the game saved in the profile, you need to download the latest update....
  6. Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone else experienced this, downloaded last Forza horizon 5 update..it deleted my...: Update ruined my game ...i uploaded 625 car designs 540 vinyls i had 650 cars...all gone because an update wasn't tested properly...‍♂️ 7c7f1a2b-6ac5-42a2-9bc5-110f82148427
  7. The game data of Forza Horizon 5 has been initialized. How can I apply for restoration?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game data of Forza Horizon 5 has been initialized. How can I apply for restoration?: The game data of Forza Horizon 5 has been initialized. How can I apply for restoration? The progress was 67%, but when I logged in today, a completely new settings window was displayed. And the...
  8. Forza Horizon 4 has xbox controller issues. Was working fine but has suddenly become...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 has xbox controller issues. Was working fine but has suddenly become...: My XBOX controller was working fine on Forza Horizon 4 but just yesterday I went to play and all the controls worked fine in the menu but during the game were screwed. I can operate through the...
  9. Bought the Forza horizon 4+5 sale in Sweden while it was up but it has been refunded by the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought the Forza horizon 4+5 sale in Sweden while it was up but it has been refunded by the...: Absolutely unfair to have discovered they reversed my order. They should have to live with their mistakes like everyone else. I'm shocked that they're allowed to take it back after a fair...
  10. Has anyone made sense of the Forza Horizon 5 premium add on?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone made sense of the Forza Horizon 5 premium add on?: So I have game pass and assumed I would get early access if I purchased this bundle it appears this isn't the case. 18f1d995-930d-4708-9123-58b7c0de9a3c