Forza Horizon 5 - Glitched Sync

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 - Glitched Sync in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I just want to start by saying I am a huge fan of Forza. When my XB1 finally packed up last year I was gutted because I only really used it to play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cbase11, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Cbase11
    Cbase11 Guest

Hi

I just want to start by saying I am a huge fan of Forza. When my XB1 finally packed up last year I was gutted because I only really used it to play Forza. So I just bought it on PC instead, tried to sync and it was bugging out, 0% just stuck there. I followed a Microsoft, or multiple Microsoft support agents to fix the problem, and it did eventually (sort of) it went 0-100% really fast and logged me in, and I took a breath of fresh air because I was like dang finally.

Nope! It just decided to OVERWRITE the save because what I tried to many times to sync? As soon as I noticed I shut the game off, panicking thinking I'd lost everything I tried again and again to get the sync to happen, but it was no use, it no longer asked what save I want to use. (I tried MS support with this again, who couldn't help but redirected me to Forza lost data ticket).

I have put hundreds of hours in this game. I was LV 180-200 and I had an all-but complete garage. I was SO proud of my progress and account, it is the best Forza account I've had (my FH3 was good, but this was excellent for me).

The Forza team appears to have a policy that says

- you don't get back your tunes

- you don't get back your designs

- you don't get back your level

- you don't get back your progress

- you don't get compensation beyond receiving your cars, wheelspins and the credit you had before

This is infuriating for so many reasons. Clearly support would like to help further, but the policy is the policy and I get that but why the hell is that a policy? The "we care so much about your progress" and then slap me in the face with well sorry about our glitchy software, but you'll have to start over.

This is something caused by Microsoft/Forza development and I have to pay for that??? I have put so many hours in do they have any idea how frustrating it would be to just start over and earn it back, what maybe for it to happen again?

Why is it that a game in 2023 I can fail some "sync" and then lose everything on the cloud? You would absolutely never see this happen on a title like Fortnite or Warzone. So why is it so simple to do on Forza? Why's there no simple backup or chance to roll back my cloud save? Why is the local save trusted intrinsically more than the cloud save??? I can imagine support have to use some lengthy Json file to push me the cars back as gifts hence they can't give me my individual tunes, but seriously I can't be compensated beyond my garage ???

To make matters worse, now I'm back on, I'm accepting these cars one by one until I get to exactly 205 cars (probably about 195 accepted) and it's now saying failed to download file. Failed to apply tunes to any of my cars. What happened to this game? It was beautiful, it was easy, it was never bugged. I'm on the same PC I've used before, why is it now suddenly with this new Xbox app broken?

Please help and can I please find someone who might be able to get back money on my tunes? That isn't cheap and right now I don't feel like goin ahead and grinding it.

Thanks

:)

Cbase11, Jun 3, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello Cbase11,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. However, due to the game's complexity and the cloud save system, we are unable to simply roll back your save or restore your customized cars. As mentioned in our Terms of Service, for game data loss issues, this is still being handled by the Forza Support Team. If you have any feedback or recommendations, please send them to Xbox Feedback and raise a ticket with the Forza Support Team.

I've lost all my progress, what do I do? – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

We'll leave this thread open for our other amazing and helpful volunteers and community members, just in case they have some insights or knowledge they want to impart. However, our team specifically will bow-out for now, since our findings is that this concern is beyond the reach of the community.
  3. Cbase11 Win User

The difficulty Forza or Microsoft face when trying to compensate is none of my problem. The bug that caused me 3 days out of the game is not my problem, how is any of these things my problem. The policy is just laziness, they could easily check my previous save and see that a good chunk of my garage were tuned cars and make an estimate of how much that would cost to put right.

What MS have done here is make a beautiful game but in true MS fashion have cut corners in all other aspects that a user wouldn't normally see like for instance, the fact there is no system in place to simply roll back a cloud save or even stop my local save from overwriting my cloud save (which is unbelievable in 2023).

So they won't offer anything besides my old car garage back? I'd sooner refund all my services and never touch it again, I only have time for a quick cruise around in FH5 these days.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Cbase11,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry for the experience that you have had while trying to play Forza Horizon 5. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

Firstly, I understand how frustrating it can be to lose progress and data in a game that you've invested so much time and effort into. However, it's important to note that Microsoft and Forza have policies in place regarding lost data and compensation, which you've already mentioned.

There may not be a way to recover the lost data, as it's not always possible to restore overwritten files.

In terms of compensation, as you've mentioned, Forza's policy is to provide players with their cars, wheelspins, and credits, but not their tunes, designs, level, or progress. This is likely due to the difficulty in restoring individual player data, as well as the potential for abuse or exploitation of the compensation system.

I've lost all my progress, what do I do? – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

We recommend that you submit a ticket with the Forza Team on this issue.

Submit a request – Forza Support (forzamotorsport.net)

And also report this problem with Xbox and provide feedback to Windows.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

As for the current issue you're experiencing with downloading files and applying tunes, it's possible that there may be a problem with the Xbox app or your PC's settings. I would recommend performing the following troubleshooting steps to fix the app.

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
  5. Francia J. Win User

A problem with forza horizon 5

Some items included on the Premium Edition include installation and some don't such as the Forza Horizon 5 Car Pass and Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership which should be available inside of your game immediately.

In this case, simply quit the game then restart your device to re-sync the game data.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Forza Horizon 2 Lost save

Your save is gone i'm afraid.

For some reason Forza 5/Horizon 2 sometimes have an issue syncing with the cloud server,will get to 99% & fail.

If you had tried to sync it again it would of synced properly or given you the option to use an older save.

I feel your pain,i lost a save with about 150 hours worth of gameplay on Forza 5
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 - Glitched Sync - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon Glitched

2. I think Forza horizon five event lab is glitched

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I think Forza horizon five event lab is glitched: So recently, I went in to Forza horizon five yesterday and went to this canyon house of blue print, but when I went there, some blue prints weren’t even there and somewhere there it looked like a...
  3. Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch

in XBoX on Windows
    Copying game files from different PC (Forza Horizon 5) Microsoft Store & Xbox Client Glitch: [img] Good day, I have two different venues where I can access internet, the one being a lot faster than the other. I fully downloaded the Forza Horizon 5 game on my secondary PC so that I can...
  4. Forza horizon 4 glitch infinite loop of loading

in XboX Insiders
    Forza horizon 4 glitch infinite loop of loading: So I’ve had this glitch on the Xbox series s where every time I try to load in I’m stuck in a endless loop of loading so I’ve tried Restarting game and Xbox Uninstalling and reinstalling if you...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 glitch: I recently purchased Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate edition. At first both the expansion packs- Fortune Island and Lego valley were working totally fine but two days ago, I tried to travel to fortune...
  6. Glitch on Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitch on Forza Horizon 4: Hey i have this glitch, i just bought the ultimate edition of the game. https://youtu.be/eUo3OtDNFvc This is whats happening 2a45e285-e2a1-4245-bb4f-321ffbd12b76
  7. Forza Horizon 4 Glitch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 Glitch?: So When I Launch up Forza Horizon 4 On my Xbox One, i press A to start, then it says syncing data for forza horizon 4? And it doesnt end. So i have to restart my Game 3-4 Times For it to let Me...
  8. Forza horizon 4 parental controls glitch PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza horizon 4 parental controls glitch PC: I'm playing Forza horizon 4 on my pc and I try to go get custom designs but whenever I click on it it says this feature is blocked per your Xbox live parental control settings. I don't have my...
  9. Forza Horizon 3 Achievement Glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 3 Achievement Glitch: I can’t unlock the backpacker achievement in Forza Horizon 3 even though I did it. Don’t mind subtopic a5e4fb01-d274-4d25-a13b-d5a476f4e8f3
  10. Forza Horizon MASSIVE GLITCH TOOK 2M OFF ME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon MASSIVE GLITCH TOOK 2M OFF ME: hwllo I'm not sure how I'm gonna about this been trying to find a phone number to ring since I am from Sydney Australia but , today I bought a koenigsegg one to one for 2.2m something on market ,...