Forza Horizon 5 doesn't install on my NTFS formatted secondary drive.

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 doesn't install on my NTFS formatted secondary drive. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried: reinstalling xbox app reinstalling microsoft store changing "change where new content is stored" in my PCs settings Some weird registry... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mouaid Al Dabagh, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Forza Horizon 5 doesn't install on my NTFS formatted secondary drive.

I have tried:

reinstalling xbox app
    reinstalling microsoft store
    changing "change where new content is stored" in my PCs settings

Some weird registry edit fix that did not work

I think that mostly everything ive tried but im not sure. What else can i do. I dont think this is a permission error since i cna download other games onto that drive.

:)

Mouaid Al Dabagh, Dec 6, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Pc Xbox Downloads

Note that some games like Forza Horizon 5, Age of Empires IV, and Back 4 Blood require NTFS-formatted storage drives to successfully complete the installation. If you’re installing a game on a secondary drive or external storage device, make sure the drive’s file system is NTFS. For more info, see:
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Hi there Mouaid welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Expansion Pack Download

Thanks for the update Chris, first... do you know if your D: drive is already formatted as NTFS?

Usually when the drive is not formatted as NTFS, it doesn't appear available to move some games.

Do you know if Forza Horizon 5 app size includes the extra 10GB for the DLC?

Try doing that, move the game to F: drive and see if D: appears when you try to move it again

Don't forget to double check the thins about NTFS partitions

By the way, are you on Windows 10 or 11?
  5. XBF-JoannaDark Win User

Can't download Forza Horizon 5 on my secondary drive (HDD alreafy formated to NTFS).

Hi Vladcriss,

You're welcome, I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem. Have a wonderful day and happy gaming.
  6. Vladcriss Win User

Can't download Forza Horizon 5 on my secondary drive (HDD alreafy formated to NTFS).

Thank for your solutions, i actually solved the problem by creating a partition from the D drive, and that partition is recognized by Xbox App and i could download the game, idk why this happens tho
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 doesn't install on my NTFS formatted secondary drive. - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon doesn't

2. A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help: A friend gave me the Forza Horizon car pack. It doesn't download at all. If anyone can help c013cee6-cf9e-459e-8f87-328c9f413b9a
  3. Help I own forza horizon 4 on steam and it doesn't show on the xbox app for pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help I own forza horizon 4 on steam and it doesn't show on the xbox app for pc.: I think because of the error in the app that is why it keeps crashing. I own some dlc and I would like to keep playing the game that I paid for because I already sunk almost 100 hours in the...
  4. Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 multiplayer doesn't work: when i press forza life it says online connection error 5a9e7987-15b2-498c-b74a-5c226f7d1ea4
  5. Forza Horizon doesn't start anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon doesn't start anymore: Hello everybody, I have some troubles with Forza Horizon 5, because it doesn't start anymore. When ever hit the play button in the Xbox App, nothing happens. If I go the game location and try to...
  6. I bought the forza horizon 5 premium add on bundle while it was on offer but it doesn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the forza horizon 5 premium add on bundle while it was on offer but it doesn't...: I bought the forza horizon 5 premium add on bundle while it was on offer but it doesn't work.what should I do ? 7660b25e-4f58-4e17-a7c1-875baa0765c2
  7. My forza Horizon 5 game doesn't get by the loading screen after hitting continue to go into...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My forza Horizon 5 game doesn't get by the loading screen after hitting continue to go into...: Background: I have tried to get this game working for the pass few months. I have consistently had issues with my new computer getting this game specifically to work. I can get Steam games, Epic...
  8. Why doesn't Forza Horizon 5 online work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Forza Horizon 5 online work?: I play Forza Horizon 5 and since the start of playing it I noticed that I do not have access to online events/creations. Free Roam online works just fine but I can't see other car's wrapping and...
  9. Why Forza horizon 5 doesn't start downloading on my pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Forza horizon 5 doesn't start downloading on my pc?: I recently bought a pc and started downloading the games that I had bought on my Xbox. I started installing forza horizon 5 through the microsoft store, but canceled it because I thought it would...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 doesn't launch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 doesn't launch.: How would I be able to fix this? I only recently bought the game on steam, and it doesn't even start for me. This is what I get in event viewer: Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe,...