Forza Horizon 5 does not start on PC after its newest update (Microsoft Store)

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 does not start on PC after its newest update (Microsoft Store) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so Forza Horizon 5 received a new update today, and after updating my game it doesn't work, I get no error message, so I really have no clue to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Marco A. 47, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Marco A. 47
    Marco A. 47 Guest

Hello, so Forza Horizon 5 received a new update today, and after updating my game it doesn't work, I get no error message, so I really have no clue to what may be causing it, it simply refuses to start. I click the icon, I get the 1st splash screen, it finishes checking files/verifying profile, then the 2nd splash screen shows up, stays there for 2-3 minutes and then the process closes itself.

-I used the repair, restore tool for every Xbox related app I have on my computer including the game.

-I updated drivers.

-Restarted PC (before and after doing those things).

-Reinstalled game.

-My PC exceeds minimum requirements too.

Again: No error message is shown, the game won't start and the process closes itself.

It is not a common issue at the moment, so its related to my system, I just can't figure out what is causing it.

:)

Marco A. 47, Mar 29, 2023
  2. ManlyDjwest Win User

It does this almost after every patch and the only way to get it going is to reinstall it.
  3. Rostom L Win User

I appreciate all your efforts, Marco. Since the issue happened after the update, it may be a game bug. I would advise you to contact the game support for further assistance and to report the issue as well. Please send a ticket here https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/re...
  4. Marco A. 47 Win User

Hello again, couldn't reply earlier. None of the methods provided here solved my issue, updated everything and removed possible conflictive programs (which I have reinstalled and have running as I write this), I'm currently trying what's suggested in the Forza article with no luck yet.

Today after attempting several times the game opened, I closed it and tried again to see if the issue was solved but it was still there, kept trying and it seems the game opens like 1 out of 5 times I attempt to play without changing or doing anything mentioned here, right now the game is running on my computer and before it worked the issue described here happened several times. I've also looked for help in player forums and it seems some of them have the exact same problem since the last update so ill move into the Forza forums. Thanks.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi Marco!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

First, run the system file checker to fix any corrupted data on your system.

- https://support.microsoft.com/windows/using-sys...

If everything is fine and the game is still not launching correctly, let's perform a clean boot.

- https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...

Don't forget to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from the Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

Additionally, be sure to follow all the suggested steps from this support article from Forza.

- https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/articles....
  6. David Wirsching Win User

Can't find my Forza Horizon 5 DLC's on PC

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

If you can't find or install the DLC expansions for Forza Horizon 5 on your PC, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check account and platform compatibility first: Make sure you're using the same Microsoft account on both your Xbox and PC. Also, confirm that the DLC expansions you purchased are compatible with the PC version of Forza Horizon 5. Some DLC may be exclusive to the Xbox console and not available for PC.

Then verify ownership and installation: On your PC, open the Microsoft Store app and navigate to the Forza Horizon 5 page. Check if the DLC expansions you own are listed as purchased or available for installation. If they appear as your own, try clicking the "Install" button to start the installation process.

We can also try checking for updates: make sure Forza Horizon 5 and the Microsoft Store app on your PC are up to date. Sometimes updates can resolve compatibility issues and allow DLC to be installed. Launch the Microsoft Store app, click the three dots in the top right corner, and select "Downloads and Updates" to check for available updates.

If the above has not worked, reinstall the game: If the DLC expansions still do not appear for installation, try uninstalling and reinstalling Forza Horizon 5 on your PC. This can update the game data and allow the DLC to be recognized and installed correctly.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 does not start on PC after its newest update (Microsoft Store) - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon does

2. After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?

in XBoX on Consoles
    After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save all my progress from before?: After uninstalling forza horizon 5 I had to rebuy it. Will it save my progress from before? d09664e6-fd7e-445a-acea-c7df44884c34
  3. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  4. Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just bought Forza Horizon 5 and when I click install, it literally does nothing. Any other...: Just bought the game and nothing happens when I try to install it. Already reset my Xbox many times, I have plenty of storage, tried it on two different networks. Tried it even from my Xbox app....
  5. forza horizon 5 does not start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 does not start: 1 hour ago I downloaded forza horizon 5 and now I'm trying to open it and it's stuck on the loading screen 2dbe3d73-012f-405b-be28-cdac90d0203d
  6. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  7. Does progression from Forza horizon 5 on disc on the xbox transfer to pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does progression from Forza horizon 5 on disc on the xbox transfer to pc?: I have xbox Forza horizon 5 on disc for the xbox 1, but i want to play forza on my pc. Would my progression from console carry over to pc. 0bbad4c0-b72d-43a8-95b5-3de7c56473ef
  8. Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 5 keep crashing?: Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on Windows 11 at the first window with the error code 0x64. Tried multiple solutions, none seemed to work, I tried sfc, reinstalling the game, repairing my windows,...
  9. Forza Horizon 5 does not launch properly (Steam)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 does not launch properly (Steam): Hello everyone! I can't play FH5 due to the game does not launch properly. Everything was fine with the game, but suddenly it stopped launching. I am playing on Steam version. When i hit the...
  10. Why does my forza horizon 5 randomly stop downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my forza horizon 5 randomly stop downloading: Every time I try downloading forza horizon 5 it just randomly stops. This has been happening for two days straight and I’ve wasted so much time waiting for it to download just for it to stop....