Forza Horizon 5 crashing in intro scene.

Discus and support Forza Horizon 5 crashing in intro scene. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, I am having a problem with Forza Horizon 5 - I own a Steam licence, and have played a lot this year. I loaded up the game fine. A friend of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lukanien, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Lukanien
    Lukanien Guest

Good day,

I am having a problem with Forza Horizon 5 - I own a Steam licence, and have played a lot this year.

I loaded up the game fine. A friend of mine using my computer loaded up the game later; and when prompted to use a Microsoft account - he attempted to log-in on his own (he owns the game through Microsoft, not Steam), when it finished loading it started the game from the beginning (this is not the problem).

I came back and we attempted to launch the game again and then the game began crashing during the introduction. We attempted to log back into my own Microsoft account and the crashing continued - at this point I no longer received a prompt to connect to a Microsoft account of any kind - even if force closing the Xbox app, logging out of my Microsoft account on all apps, and launching just through steam.

I logged out, and logged back into my account on the Microsoft Store, the Xbox App, the Game Bar, and Steam, and attempted unlinking and relinking my Microsoft and Steam accounts. I terminated all of the apps, repaired, and reset then - checked they were opening on launch and were allowed to run in the background.

I verified the integrity of the files and did a fresh installation but that also did not solve the issue. I also checked in the Event Viewer and could not find an event related to the launching and closing of the game.

I also attempted launching the game in administrator mode.

As far as I can tell it is an issue with my Microsoft/Xbox/Windows account and not the game itself as the game was working fine merely an hour before (and there was no update to my knowledge).

I've seen people with simular issues and varying answers.

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

:)

Lukanien, Sep 19, 2023
  2. Lukanien Win User

Good day,

Could you direct me to where I would specifically contact Xbox support after attempting these solutions?

Thank you in advance.

3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Lukanien!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with Forza Horizon 5 crashing during the intro scene. Based on the information you've provided, it seems like the issue might be related to your Microsoft account. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Windows is up to date. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. Try resetting the Xbox app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset.

3. Try creating a new local user account on your PC and see if the game works on that account. If it does, then the issue might be related to your user account.

4. Try disabling any antivirus or firewall software temporarily and see if the game works.

5. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting Xbox support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more specific troubleshooting steps based on your account and system configuration.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

RodelioP.
  4. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Lukanien!

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies for the delayed response as I have been out of office.

With your query, I would highly suggest contacting live support already for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with more troubleshooting to further fix the issue.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  5. Lukanien Win User

Hi RodelioP,

I attempted all of your solutions and none worked. Using a local account DID allow me to launch the game fully, proceeding to prompt me to log into a Microsoft account. Can you advise on what I shouldd do next or should I contact Xbox now?

Kind regards,

6. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Lukanien!

Thanks for reaching back to us!

With your query on how to contact support, please see guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
Thema:

1. Forza Horizon 5 crashing in intro scene. - Similar Threads - Forza Horizon crashing

2. When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes.: When completing missions, my Forza Horizon 5 crashes. When you get to the end of the mission, it stays there. The same thing always happens when I restart the console. It is important to mention...
  3. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Fault offset: 0x000000000002cf19Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module...
  4. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  5. Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error and Crashing on Forza horizon 3: Hi everyone please help me to solve this issue Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a9ee1ff Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version:...
  6. Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 4 is not launching, eating my ram and then crashes steam what should I do: I bought forza horizon 4 couple years ago and played it on my previous pc just fine. Half a year ago I bought a new pc and tried to play it and it didn't work for some reason (ate my ram and...
  7. Forza horizon 5 crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza horizon 5 crashing: Forza horizon 5 crashes on start. I used to have an error code. But I no longer do. It acts like it’s going to load. Then as soon. And the little screen part shows up nothing happens. And it...
  8. Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 frequently crash when playing on Xbox series S: Hi, I have been playing Forza Horizon 5 on my Xbox series S for about an year without problem. In this few days, a few problem arises that disallow to play. - The screen suddenly freeze for...
  9. My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Forza Horizon 4 Keeps crashing only when my wifi is turned on (MICROSOFT STORE): I use a USB WIFI stick that I plug into a USB port on my PC but when its plugged in Forza shows up on my screen and after 2-3 seconds just closes, I have reinstalled the game 2 times but nothing...
  10. I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed Forza Horizon 4 after a long and it keeps crashing after only few minutes of...: Hi, I installed Forza Horizon 4 on my desktop after some time to return to the series before Motorsport comes out and all my enthusiasm is almost gone because it keeps crashing after only few...